Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: David Haye trashers, would you fight a round with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Nobody on here would, not just because he's a champion level boxer, but he's also an intimidating presence

Who are you to talk on everyones behalf?

"intimidating presence" get a grip you *****
boxon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
I'd much rather fight Haye in the ring than out of it,I bet he's a ****ing menace in a proper ruck.
Michael300 is online now  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Yes. Yes I would.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #34
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Nobody on here would, not just because he's a champion level boxer, but he's also an intimidating presence
You don't think there might be posters on here that also might be handy with their fists or intimidating presences?
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #35
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

90% of people on here have never stepped in a ring, therefore it wouldnt matter who they faced be it Haye or Audley- the result would be the same, they would end up KOd badly. The differene in quality between Haye, Audley or a decent amateur wouldnt matter or be detectable against someone who hasnt boxed. Anybody that thinks they'd be better off facing Haye than Harrisson is deluded.

I could play a 5 year old at connect 4 or Professor Steving Hawking could, but the result/manner of vitory would be exactly the same despite the vast differenes in intelligence between Hawkings and I- because the level of skill needed to win against a 5 year old would be basic.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #36
StWerburghs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremo View Post
90% of people on here have never stepped in a ring, therefore it wouldnt matter who they faced be it Haye or Audley- the result would be the same, they would end up KOd badly. The differene in quality between Haye, Audley or a decent amateur wouldnt matter or be detectable against someone who hasnt boxed. Anybody that thinks they'd be better off facing Haye than Harrisson is deluded.

I could play a 5 year old at connect 4 or Professor Steving Hawking could, but the result/manner of vitory would be exactly the same despite the vast differenes in intelligence between Hawkings and I- because the level of skill needed to win against a 5 year old would be basic.
A 5 year old easily beats Hawking at connect four by default. The guy cant even wipe his own ass! ...Analogy fail!
StWerburghs is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #37
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon View Post
Who are you to talk on everyones behalf?

"intimidating presence" get a grip you *****
That's what I thought.
There's actual intimidating people out there, hanging around outside on the two minute walk between my flat and Tescos probably. Haye isn't one of them, or of that type.
He seems like a big kid. A bit arrogant but probably quite good-natured and harmless. He's certainly not initimidating.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #38
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Yes. Yes I would.
I'd pay to see you get beaten within an inch of your life by Haye.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #39
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
That's what I thought.
There's actual intimidating people out there, hanging around outside on the two minute walk between my flat and Tescos probably. Haye isn't one of them, or of that type.
He seems like a big kid. A bit arrogant but probably quite good-natured and harmless. He's certainly not initimidating.
Oh so if David Haye got in your face and started shouting that he was gonna knock you out you wouldn't be intimidated? But you are intimidated by spotty little virgins with their hoods up standing outside tesco?
I'd be intimidated if Paulie Malignaggi got in my face... shit find the smallest, lightest punching well known boxer and get him in a situation with you where he's being aggressive and will likely end up fighting you then of course you will be intimidated.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Oh so if David Haye got in your face and started shouting that he was gonna knock you out you wouldn't be intimidated?
I don't know, scarier and worse things have happened. It depends how I react at the time. I'm a grown adult, I don't go around thinking big athletes are scary, but in a hypothetical situation anyone might be.

He's not an intimidating presence though. His mere presence is NOT intimidating.
I'm as big as him and if I got up in someone's face saying I'd knock them out I'm sure I could "intimidate" many, but I'm not a bully. And some little guys would laugh it off. They'd laugh at Haye too. So what's your point ?

Quote:
But you are intimidated by spotty little virgins with their hoods up standing outside tesco?
No, I never mentioned them.
Not sure where you pulled that from.

I was saying, for an example, in a normal 2-minute walk from my home I am more likely to find someone intimidating.
Not kids with hoods.

Quote:

I'd be intimidated if Paulie Malignaggi got in my face... shit find the smallest, lightest punching well known boxer and get him in a situation with you where he's being aggressive and will likely end up fighting you then of course you will be intimidated.
For starters, WHY am I in that situation ? Why is Paulie Malignaggi in my face ? Is he known for that sort of thing ?
Also, I'm twice the size as Paulie, and maybe I've got a broken bottle in my hand. Who says he won't be more scared than I am ?
Maybe an 8-stone schizo alcoholic crack-head tramp turns up with a syringe full of AIDS blood and we both run like chickens.
Who knows ?
What's the point in your scenarios ?

Some people are "initimdating presences" and some aren't. Haye isn't. He looks like the guys I see everyday in the gym - one of the prettier ones. And, yes, of course anyone can be potentially intimidating by their behaviour.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #41
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StWerburghs View Post
A 5 year old easily beats Hawking at connect four by default. The guy cant even wipe his own ass! ...Analogy fail!
Love the avi mate! Any reason?
Michael300 is online now  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I wouldnt spar haye but i dont box and im not one of his haters so i would have to ha!

IMO the unpredictability of a total psycho's more intimidating than the fists of a pro boxer in a confrontation where a scrap is inevitable!
I dont think haye's the type to carry a knife or jump about your head untill it caves in but you gotta watch out if he's carrying a tri-pod!
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #43
SuspiciousChees
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
A lot of you like to talk trash about Haye, calling him names and being abusive, insinuating he's a coward etc.

Would you fight him for one round?

You can wear amateur headgear if you want.

Or are you all mouth and no trousers

By the way you'd get put in hospital off one jab.

Answers please?
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum[/ame]
SuspiciousChees is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #44
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I don't know, scarier and worse things have happened. It depends how I react at the time. I'm a grown adult, I don't go around thinking big athletes are scary, but in a hypothetical situation anyone might be.

He's not an intimidating presence though. His mere presence is NOT intimidating.

I'm as big as him and if I got up in someone's face saying I'd knock them out I'm sure I could "intimidate" many, but I'm not a bully. And some little guys would laugh it off. They'd laugh at Haye too. So what's your point ?

No, I never mentioned them.

Not sure where you pulled that from.

I was saying, for an example, in a normal 2-minute walk from my home I am more likely to find someone intimidating.

Not kids with hoods.

For starters, WHY am I in that situation ? Why is Paulie Malignaggi in my face ? Is he known for that sort of thing ?

Also, I'm twice the size as Paulie, and maybe I've got a broken bottle in my hand. Who says he won't be more scared than I am ?

Maybe an 8-stone schizo alcoholic crack-head tramp turns up with a syringe full of AIDS blood and we both run like chickens.

Who knows ?

What's the point in your scenarios ?
Strong post, cannot be bothered to reply though because everything has been over complicated.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Would you get in a one man war with Hitler? No? He was still a twat though
Jim Bowen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum