Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #76
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 538
vCash: 75
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

All great fighters have lost, with the exception of duckers and those that retired very young.

Foreman was a baby and he lost to arguably the best fighter of all time. And to this day Ali nut huggers hold that against him.

Wlad is easily top 10 ATG
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #77
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
All great fighters have lost, with the exception of duckers and those that retired very young.

Foreman was a baby and he lost to arguably the best fighter of all time. And to this day Ali nut huggers hold that against him.

Wlad is easily top 10 ATG
He might be by the time he retires, but at this point he isn't and no credible source rates him as such.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #78
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
Wlad is easily top 10 ATG

theboy_racer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #79
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 538
vCash: 75
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
He might be by the time he retires, but at this point he isn't and no credible source rates him as such.
Many ESB dunces rate Tyson and Holmes at top 10 ATG and they have no great wins, hell Tyson was a book mark in a horrible era.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #80
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
Many ESB dunces rate Tyson and Holmes at top 10 ATG and they have no great wins, hell Tyson was a book mark in a horrible era.
Why would you try and change the subject to other boxers? I'll humor you though. Holmes has the Norton win and 20 consecutive defenses. Tyson is the youngest titlist ever and has Spinks and a slightly past prime Holmes
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #81
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cold place
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Yes he was in his prime in 2003, I would date it back to his first byrd fight, I would also have given wlad good chance to BEAT lewis in 2003, who no doubt who he would of fought if he beat sanders, but that is what one punch can do to you. Wlad knew in 2003 his chin couldn't take a big league shot, or if it did he was going to the canvas, I think if he fought lewis, you would have to look at the mcline fight were wlad had his guard up for counters, set up everything with jab, an took his time, this wlad is not the wlad that showed up against sandrers, wlad fought a more aggressive, like this was going to be a couple of rounds, look what happen when he got knocked down, he got up an went straight for sanders, I wouldn't doubt that his camp questioned sanders chin, an wanted to get the 'golfer' out of the ring, if wlad took his time an established his jab, this fight ends with a klitshko victory, an him raising the lewis heavyweight belt a few months later.....He has respected power in his fights before sanders, an he has also went for the kill.

The real difference in wlad now, is he takes his time, no matter who he fights, an does not look past people. He did the same to mercer, an he got danged, were when he fought shufford, he was steady an working behind his jab.
p4pBute is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #82
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 1403
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Sdunek was the conditioning coach in this fight.

After this fight Sdunek was fired and Wlad worked with Steward alone. Since than he improves as a fighter.

Last fight with Sdunek in his corner last loss. Fact.

Sdunek was the reason for Wlad´s losses. Sdunek never teaches fighter a good defence, none of Sdunek fighters had a good defence (Vitali is a special fighter which has nothing to do with Sdunek.).

Watch Dimitrenko vs. Chambers, Dimitrenko does not know how to protect himself like Wlad in his fight against Sanders and Puritty.

With Emanuel Steward in his corner Wlad learned how to react when hit, better footwork, better movement, he improves as a fighter.
From Wlad's own mouth about the Brewster fight, "The fight was a loss! I fought perfectly, and I know that I fought perfectly because I was doing everything that Emanuel was telling me. However I lost the fight, and both of us were actually crying after the fight from whatever happened to us, and we could not believe that it happened"

Stop trying to blame Sdunek for Wlad's problems. Wlad is responsible for his own losses. If an Olympic Gold medalist with 40 pro fights hasn't learned defense and to take opponents seriously, it his own fault.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #83
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
From Wlad's own mouth about the Brewster fight, "The fight was a loss! I fought perfectly, and I know that I fought perfectly because I was doing everything that Emanuel was telling me. However I lost the fight, and both of us were actually crying after the fight from whatever happened to us, and we could not believe that it happened"

Stop trying to blame Sdunek for Wlad's problems. Wlad is responsible for his own losses. If an Olympic Gold medalist with 40 pro fights hasn't learned defense and to take opponents seriously, it his own fault.


A boxer in this age needs a good coach. And Sdunek wasn´t this kind of coach and never realized it himself. He did not train defence, watch Dimitrenko vs. Chambers. Dimitrenko had no defence, no foodwork.

And Sdunek fired Emanuel Steward after Wlad´s loss to Brewster. Sdunek wants to be back in his corner.

And realize it forever: IMO Sdunek poisened Wlad because he did not want Emanuel Steward to work with Wlad.

Sdunek never thought that Emanuel Steward would stay to Wladimir after the loss.

But Emanuel Steward was a man and trainer of honour, he stays with Wladimir and Wladimir stays with Steward.

The plan did not work.

And it will not work today. Sdunek is done. He wants to be in Wlad´s corner again but it will not work. Wlad knows the facts about him.

And you can stop trying to change my opinion. I will not change it. Sdunek was the man with the water bottle which was missed after the fight and all the things before the fight and after shows he was the man who poisened Wlad because he wants to be back in Wlad´s corner.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #84
BIGMANG
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
I like Wladimir but this has to be a joke.
I am not a detective, but the switch from calling him Wlad to Waldo shows he is a hater on the wind up.

Only haters call him Waldo
BIGMANG is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #85
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 1403
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post


A boxer in this age needs a good coach. And Sdunek wasn´t this kind of coach and never realized it himself. He did not train defence, watch Dimitrenko vs. Chambers. Dimitrenko had no defence, no foodwork.

And Sdunek fired Emanuel Steward after Wlad´s loss to Brewster. Sdunek wants to be back in his corner.

And realize it forever: IMO Sdunek poisened Wlad because he did not want Emanuel Steward to work with Wlad.

Sdunek never thought that Emanuel Steward would stay to Wladimir after the loss.

But Emanuel Steward was a man and trainer of honour, he stays with Wladimir and Wladimir stays with Steward.

The plan did not work.

And it will not work today. Sdunek is done. He wants to be in Wlad´s corner again but it will not work. Wlad knows the facts about him.

And you can stop trying to change my opinion. I will not change it. Sdunek was the man with the water bottle which was missed after the fight and all the things before the fight and after shows he was the man who poisened Wlad because he wants to be back in Wlad´s corner.
Yeah, it couldn't be because Dimitrenko was just not that good to begin with Why you think Universum brought him along as slowly as they did?

Sdunek has trained MANY world champions, not just Klitschko and Dimitrenko, you're telling us none of them learned defense under Sdunek? Shows again how little you know about boxing.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #86
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
From Wlad's own mouth about the Brewster fight, "The fight was a loss! I fought perfectly, and I know that I fought perfectly because I was doing everything that Emanuel was telling me. However I lost the fight, and both of us were actually crying after the fight from whatever happened to us, and we could not believe that it happened"

Stop trying to blame Sdunek for Wlad's problems. Wlad is responsible for his own losses. If an Olympic Gold medalist with 40 pro fights hasn't learned defense and to take opponents seriously, it his own fault.
its boxing shit happens to the best of fighters when will klit fans realize that?
blagovech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blagovech View Post
its boxing shit happens to the best of fighters when will klit fans realize that?


yeah, not lately though. 13 straight title wins, ten by KO. I deal in the present not what happened in 2003 and 1998.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #88
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
yeah, not lately though. 13 straight title wins, ten by KO. I deal in the present not what happened in 2003 and 1998.
that was my point
blagovech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #89
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 118
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Wlads biggest weaknesses are Durability, Stamina, and Panic Attacks. Unfortunately for Wladimir. He has panic attacks like with Brewster and Puritty. Wladimir Klitschko has not been taking on aggressive punchers since a crude Sam Peter, who floored him 3 times. Lamon Brewster actually said in a interview "I have never seen a fighter with as weak a jaw as wladimir klitschko. emanuel steward as done a great job covering up his chin. But it is so weak." Lamon further commented on how he barely landed on wlads chin at one point and he saw wlads legs shake all the way down and wlad got glassy eyed. These things don't change and he's not fighting anyone as capable of exploiting them. In short, Vitali KO5 Volo, prime for prime.
Lamon Brewster is a ****ing retard. this guy claimed that Helenius tampered with his gloves when they fought.. Wlads chin isn't great, but it's not terrible either. I can think of dozens of HW's today with worse chins. BTW 2 of those knockdowns in the peters fight were from rabid punches....
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #90
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Yeah, it couldn't be because Dimitrenko was just not that good to begin with Why you think Universum brought him along as slowly as they did?

Sdunek has trained MANY world champions, not just Klitschko and Dimitrenko, you're telling us none of them learned defense under Sdunek? Shows again how little you know about boxing.
What World Champions in real fights?

Not only under control from Universum Boxpromotion.

Tell me one Champion who fights out of germany and won a title with Fritz Sdunek.

He is an DDR schooled coach and this told how bad he is. Just simple.

It is just a mythos that Sdunek trained so many world Champions. He cannot compare with the grat trainers like Emanuel Steward, Angelo Dundee, D´amato and so on.

He is DDR schoold and this shows how bad he is. Just simple.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013