Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Flintoff - tickets now buy one get one free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Load of crap fight anyway.

Don't forget though, Davie Haye did this exact same deal against Enzo, and it's the fans who have already bought tickets that should be pissed off/demand a refund on a ticket
I know they did this for the Monte Barrett fight surely they didn't for Enzo, that fight was massive!
Lilo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
norfolkinchance
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
I know they did this for the Monte Barrett fight surely they didn't for Enzo, that fight was massive!
correct. poster has got these mixed up
norfolkinchance is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkinchance View Post
correct. poster has got these mixed up
that's the one, i think you're right
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Nothings been promoted. I only found out about Heffron Vassel because I looked it up. No one really knows who Flints opponent is and he has only just been finalised. The main event should be Heff vs Vass.

Its been marketed as a gimmick with Flintoff being the attraction and a Sky program. No one knows it is on BN. Just very poor work.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I think they should do a hasty rethink and consider putting the two main events on the Pricey show just down (up?!) the road.

I know its different promoters, but it on the same network and I'm sure they could sort something.

Not sure how the tickets for Price Skelton are selling, pretty good I should imagine, but it wouldn't do the show any harm having Flintoff on the undercard.

Thats what should have happened all along.
Probably the most likely option, FW's had no shame in moving shows at the last minute when ticket sales have been poor in the past. The first episode of that TV series airs on Thursday, Sky have hyped it pretty heavily and they won't accept no pay-off.

I expect if that does happen, it'll be sorted before Thursday so it gives them the chance to conveniently erase any mentions of the MEN in the programme.

The whole thing is a bit of a shambles all round really.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I think they should do a hasty rethink and consider putting the two main events on the Pricey show just down (up?!) the road.

I know its different promoters, but it on the same network and I'm sure they could sort something.

Not sure how the tickets for Price Skelton are selling, pretty good I should imagine, but it wouldn't do the show any harm having Flintoff on the undercard.

Thats what should have happened all along.
Price/Skelton is selling well according to Maloney. That could mean anything on previous form.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Flintoffs team should be ashamed of themselves......aye.

If they believe he has a career in pro boxing........they would have him on a small hall show.

Coin.......
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

^^ Spot on bro.

It disgusts me that hard working pro's are on undercard to him anyways. But i don't even think Vassell vs Heffron is even happening it seems to short notice for my liking. Got a feeling they will pull the card and put Flintoff on Price show..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
It's not right that Flintoff should be headlining for his first fight. Especially when there are a lot of up and coming fighters who have trained for years to be in a position like that. I think it's a disgrace and a mockery of boxing. I am sure many other boxers feel the same way about this joke.
I doubt any of the other fighters on the bill are on a 'guarantee'. So they will make a purse based on how many people pay to watch. Thus it is in their interests that Flintoff is headlining the bill, as he is the person who is going to sell the most tickets for the bill.

It is a 'circus' no doubt, but that is and probably always will be boxing! The ex-cricketer with a name, gets the biggest slice of cake, the rest fight over the crumbs, but them crumbs will help pay the bills...
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
Seriously though, why is this at the MEN? They could have put it at Bowlers or The Velodrome. As it is it will be a half empty stadium with a wank atmosphere and crap views. What a stupid endeavour. Anyone think Flintoff and the team organising this overestimated his popularity a tad?

I think they've dramatically overestimated the appeal of Freddie Flintoff boxing. I don't think there's a massive cross over between boxing and cricket fans, I like both but I can't see the people who used to watch him at Lords being that bothered about seeing a guy they used to watch box that they'll fill out a bog venure for it, neither are boxing fans going to turn out in mass for a guy who used to bowl for England. He's got an obvious leg up than your usual debutant but not enough to starty his career in 20 thousand seat venues.
Larryboys is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum