Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #46
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Price February opponent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
jog on. This version of Sprott is clearly not as good as the ***ton or McDermott. It really winds you up doesn't it that Price is more popular than Fury

Yeah because you see many 18 year old British champions in boxing don't you? . The Heavyweight division is completely different, most peak in their 30's in any case nowadays. Name how many HW champs have been under 30 recently? Funny watching the Price bashers clutching at straws to criticise him.
***ton or Mcdermott are you trolling, No seriously are you ****ing insane.
When it comes to Price and Fury i see two of the best heavy weight boxing prospects in the world. I also think that Price could end the fight in a punch, i also think Fury could possible do the same to him. I personnaly think Fury is more the exciting fighter of the two...

LMFAO ***ton and Mcdermot very good..
REEVO is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #47
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
***ton or Mcdermott are you trolling, No seriously are you ****ing insane.
When it comes to Price and Fury i see two of the best heavy weight boxing prospects in the world. I also think that Price could end the fight in a punch, i also think Fury could possible do the same to him. I personnaly think Fury is more the exciting fighter of the two...

LMFAO ***ton and Mcdermot very good..
Oh so you weren't trolling then? You actually think this washed up version of Sprott who has lost his last 4 fights is better than ***ton or McDermott were when Price fought them? I'd love to know why
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #48
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Oh so you weren't trolling then? You actually think this washed up version of Sprott who has lost his last 4 fights is better than ***ton or McDermott were when Price fought them? I'd love to know why
What about Mcdermott 2 wins in 7... ***ton who has domestically lost all his big fights i dont like people knocking good honest pro's like Sprott he has been at a higher level that any of them two. And he was schooling Gerber before the ref stopped that unfairly. On a serious note look at who Sprott has beat before putting shit like that up in a boxing forum.
If you honestly think that then fair enough but i can tell you Sprott deserves abit more respect than mixing his name in with Mcdermot..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #49
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
What about Mcdermott 2 wins in 7... ***ton who has domestically lost all his big fights i dont like people knocking good honest pro's like Sprott he has been at a higher level that any of them two. And he was schooling Gerber before the ref stopped that unfairly. On a serious note look at who Sprott has beat before putting shit like that up in a boxing forum.
If you honestly think that then fair enough but i can tell you Sprott deserves abit more respect than mixing his name in with Mcdermot..
***ton hasn't lost all his domestic fights, or are you just purposely ignoring the Rogan fights? And at least McDermott came into their fight off a legitimate win when he sparked Larry O in 1. I don't like people knocking good honest pros like them just to suit their agenda.

I have looked at Sprott's record before posting, you obviously haven't. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago he was a tough opponent but tell me when was his last win over a legitimate opponent? (apart from Prizefighter which you must be daft to consider as testament to a fighter's championship credentials). It was five years ago vs Audley if you'd actually cgecked. Since then, he's lost his last 9 meaningful fights, including that one to Audley who you're so quick to ridicule. So I think I'm more than justified in classing this current version of Spott in the same group as ***ton or McDermott.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #50
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
What about Mcdermott 2 wins in 7...
Actually McDermott had lost four of his last five fights before facing Price. But what you've failed to acknowledge is that three of those 'losses' were highly controversial - many had him winning all three bouts against Williams and Fury. And in his stoppage loss to Fury he was hampered by the fact that he was wearing BBE mittens, and Fury was wearing Cleto Reyes gloves. It's a pretty reasonable position to take that he is a better fighter then Sprott at this current stage of their careers.

Quote:
***ton who has domestically lost all his big fights i dont like people knocking good honest pro's like Sprott he has been at a higher level that any of them two.
I guess you must've missed his two victories over Rogan (once rather fortuitously it has to be said).
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #51
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
Actually McDermott had lost four of his last five fights before facing Price. But what you've failed to acknowledge is that three of those 'losses' were highly controversial - many had him winning all three bouts against Williams and Fury. And in his stoppage loss to Fury he was hampered by the fact that he was wearing BBE mittens, and Fury was wearing Cleto Reyes gloves. It's a pretty reasonable position to take that he is a better fighter then Sprott at this current stage of their careers.

I guess you must've missed his two victories over Rogan (once rather fortuitously it has to be said).
No i was making the point, answer this has Sprott got to a higher level in boxing than ***ton or McDermot? Yes i would agree that Mcdermot has not had the rub of the green. But my point was saying that Sprott is a better fighter, but people argueing on this shitty forum miss information out includeing myself) to back up there reasons..
What are you saying about the gloves?
And if Mcdermot fought Sprott i would heavily back Sprott.
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #52
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
***ton hasn't lost all his domestic fights, or are you just purposely ignoring the Rogan fights? And at least McDermott came into their fight off a legitimate win when he sparked Larry O in 1. I don't like people knocking good honest pros like them just to suit their agenda.

I have looked at Sprott's record before posting, you obviously haven't. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago he was a tough opponent but tell me when was his last win over a legitimate opponent? (apart from Prizefighter which you must be daft to consider as testament to a fighter's championship credentials). It was five years ago vs Audley if you'd actually cgecked. Since then, he's lost his last 9 meaningful fights, including that one to Audley who you're so quick to ridicule. So I think I'm more than justified in classing this current version of Spott in the same group as ***ton or McDermott.
***ton has lost the majority of his top Domestic fights thats why he has never challanged for european honors also come short at british honours too, he beat a cabby from ireland for the common wealth belt, good for him. Whats your point?
Tell me when i was quick to ridicule Audley?
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
No i was making the point, answer this has Sprott got to a higher level in boxing than ***ton or McDermot? Yes i would agree that Mcdermot has not had the rub of the green. But my point was saying that Sprott is a better fighter, but people argueing on this shitty forum miss information out includeing myself) to back up there reasons..
What are you saying about the gloves?
And if Mcdermot fought Sprott i would heavily back Sprott.
In the rematch Fury had an advantage due to fact that he was wearing Cleto Reyes gloves as opposed to McDermott's BBE gloves.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
***ton has lost the majority of his top Domestic fights thats why he has never challanged for european honors also come short at british honours too, he beat a cabby from ireland for the common wealth belt, good for him. Whats your point?
Tell me when i was quick to ridicule Audley?
Err ... ***ton has won exactly 50% of his title fights. That 'cabby from Ireland' whom you are denigrating was the first man to stop the then reigning European champion Matt Skelton. A man who beat Michael Sprott more comfortably then the scorecards suggested when the two fought a lot closer to their primes then their most recent prizefighter bout.

If Skelton had chosen to defend his European belt as well as his Commonwealth title, both Rogan and ***ton would've been able to call themselves former European champions.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #54
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
In the rematch Fury had an advantage due to fact that he was wearing Cleto Reyes gloves as opposed to McDermott's BBE gloves.

Err ... ***ton has won exactly 50% of his title fights. That 'cabby from Ireland' whom you are denigrating was the first man to stop the then reigning European champion Matt Skelton. A man who beat Michael Sprott more comfortably then the scorecards suggested when the two fought a lot closer to their primes then their most recent prizefighter bout.

If Skelton had chosen to defend his European belt as well as his Commonwealth title, both Rogan and ***ton would've been able to call themselves former European champions.
Your clutching at ifs or buts now....
What is matey your bum buddy or something you feel you need to stick up for your friend..
Its alright for him to tear shreads of a fighter but i cant make a point, go do one...
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #55
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Words fail me really , Sprott IS and always will be regarded as a better and more acomplished heavy weight boxer than ***ton and mcdermot will ever be. I cant believe were having this conversation so im not answering to you couple of bell ends anymore..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #56
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The majority of posters on here are hammering Price's opponents. Due to Price being so emphatic the way he has went through the likes of ***ton,Mcderott & Harrison everyone presumes he is some world class fighter, which he will do but net just yet. He is progressing nicely, slowly i agree but still progressing, IF he beats skelton which 99.9% of us think he will, he will then move on to european level, but no rush guys he is only 14/15 fights into his career. David Price is here for the long haul. Apart from Chisora who has Tyson Fury actually fought for anyone to think he will beat Price??
Price is better than Fury in every department.
adam249390 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #57
Big J
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Sprott- no way...
Big J is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum