boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #106
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
It's really sad, cos you dont seem to understand, instead of coming up with the properties of tendons, educate somebody as to how someone can do this or that and avoid hurting themselves. A doctor doesnt go into his medical dictionary to explain that a person has a problem, they do so in laymans language. Now that I know I am dealing with a know nothing amateur who resorts to name calling. Do yourself a favor, come to Mexico or Texas and see us dumbasses train and work without the huge benefit of your high and mighty intellect, knowledge of the human body and of course tendons and all those wonderful modern advances. Our fighters are doing alright, I know you could improve upon cos you know all about the human body and tendons. Dang imagine with you geniuses we could create superman.
I am assuming that you are British, let me put it like this, our little guys 108pds to 140pds can hang with any of your guys, forget about the amateurs bucko's we b talkin' pro's. All kidding aside I know you guys can be beneficial, in some cases and know more about the human body, but we got something you may not have and that is experience in the real world. You guys seem to forget that boxing has been around for hundreds of yrs and they have been working with the human body and fine tuning it over those many years, they have always gotten their fighters ready without the benefit of knowing what this all means: optimal oscillation, hysteresis of tendons, stiffness/compliance of the SEC, muscle pennation, relative muscle insertion, relative lever length, fibre composition, fibre length, neural inhibitory mechanisms, neural learning for optimal damping of vibrations. I KNOW IMAGINE IF THEY DID? You guys are the new kids on the block who know it all and have all the answers and make alot of noise. Your arrogance knows no bounds, please come over to Texas and Mexico and show us dumbasses how it should be. What your ego's wont let you accept is that an old school guy is the head coach and you and all s&c guys play a secondry role and only that, cos if you have a good coach and asst they know what has to be done to prepare a guy for whatever amount of rds he has do.
So you guys with all your knowledge of the human body, and understanding of all the advance technology, will always be just glorified conditioners.
Your ego is unbelievable.

Some guys have more knowledge and know how to get a fighter in better shape than you and your teams. Get over it.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #107
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Your ego is unbelievable.

Some guys have more knowledge and know how to get a fighter in better shape than you and your teams. Get over it.
NOT you and of course your ego wont let you accept that, guys like you and all the other brianiacs and all your knowledge of the human body have yet to produce anything worthwhile like they say it's the same old song with a different tune. The title of this thread says it all, "Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!", and that kills you and you cant get over it.
Stick to the amateurs, and the fat businessmen thats more your league you would be lost in a real boxing gym, with those dreaded and way stooopit old school guys.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #108
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
NOT you and of course your ego wont let you accept that, guys like you and all the other brianiacs and all your knowledge of the human body have yet to produce anything worthwhile like they say it's the same old song with a different tune. The title of this thread says it all, "Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!", and that kills you and you cant get over it.
Stick to the amateurs, and the fat businessmen thats more your league you would be lost in a real boxing gym, with those dreaded and way stooopit old school guys.
More ego...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #109
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
More ego...
That your best shot, kinda weak wouldn't you say? I guess it was my ego that started this thread.
Using your logic: "Some guys have more knowledge and know how to get a fighter in better shape than you and your teams. Get over it."
You know this for a fact? Let's look at some facts, I would say the vast majority of fighters who fought for a world title and who didn't have an S&C, that knew of all the modern technological advances, and the workings of the human body, conditioning was hardly ever an issue.
Psst, anything and everything can be done better duh! The real question is "How did these dumbass old school guys do so well without the benefits of a S&C coach who knew the human body?"
You guys are like small dogs who yap all the time, go out and prove your **** works and make a fighter better.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #110
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That your best shot, kinda weak wouldn't you say? I guess it was my ego that started this thread.
Using your logic: "Some guys have more knowledge and know how to get a fighter in better shape than you and your teams. Get over it."
You know this for a fact? Let's look at some facts, I would say the vast majority of fighters who fought for a world title and who didn't have an S&C, that knew of all the modern technological advances, and the workings of the human body, conditioning was hardly ever an issue.
Psst, anything and everything can be done better duh! The real question is "How did these dumbass old school guys do so well without the benefits of a S&C coach who knew the human body?"
You guys are like small dogs who yap all the time, go out and prove your **** works and make a fighter better.
More ego...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #111
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
More ego...
Thing that strikes Me, He is not Talking about Himself .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #112
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
More ego...
I guess that was your best shot
Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #113
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s**** View Post
Thing that strikes Me, He is not Talking about Himself .
Meh. Just trollin' the troll.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #114
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Meh. Just trollin' the troll.
Knew that, saw your nitpickin' on other threads
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #115
dalepritchRM

just a quick note foreman in his second career use to run a hell of a lot more than what boxers do today because he wanted to drop the weight and get into shape watch his biography.
dalepritchRM is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #116
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Funny thing is dempsey1234 here never boxed right?
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #117
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Funny thing is dempsey1234 here never boxed right?

Wrong!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #118
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's really sad, cos you dont seem to understand, instead of coming up with the properties of tendons, educate somebody as to how someone can do this or that and avoid hurting themselves. A doctor doesnt go into his medical dictionary to explain that a person has a problem, they do so in laymans language. Now that I know I am dealing with a know nothing amateur who resorts to name calling. Do yourself a favor, come to Mexico or Texas and see us dumbasses train and work without the huge benefit of your high and mighty intellect, knowledge of the human body and of course tendons and all those wonderful modern advances. Our fighters are doing alright, I know you could improve upon cos you know all about the human body and tendons. Dang imagine with you geniuses we could create superman.
I am assuming that you are British, let me put it like this, our little guys 108pds to 140pds can hang with any of your guys, forget about the amateurs bucko's we b talkin' pro's. All kidding aside I know you guys can be beneficial, in some cases and know more about the human body, but we got something you may not have and that is experience in the real world. You guys seem to forget that boxing has been around for hundreds of yrs and they have been working with the human body and fine tuning it over those many years, they have always gotten their fighters ready without the benefit of knowing what this all means: optimal oscillation, hysteresis of tendons, stiffness/compliance of the SEC, muscle pennation, relative muscle insertion, relative lever length, fibre composition, fibre length, neural inhibitory mechanisms, neural learning for optimal damping of vibrations. I KNOW IMAGINE IF THEY DID? You guys are the new kids on the block who know it all and have all the answers and make alot of noise. Your arrogance knows no bounds, please come over to Texas and Mexico and show us dumbasses how it should be. What your ego's wont let you accept is that an old school guy is the head coach and you and all s&c guys play a secondry role and only that, cos if you have a good coach and asst they know what has to be done to prepare a guy for whatever amount of rds he has do.
So you guys with all your knowledge of the human body, and understanding of all the advance technology, will always be just glorified conditioners.
Wow. I'm arrogant? Talk about projecting. It sounds like a strength coach face****ed your mother at some point, I'm sorry to hear that. Seriously, I don't understand your rage and defiance to learning something new, it's a bit sad really. If you calmed your emotions down you might be able to comprehend what you're reading, nobody is claiming a strength coach should take a boxing coaches place. Making generalisations just makes you look like the re**** you are.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #119
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Because they were competing against other old school guys?
That thing on your neck doesn't work too well does it
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #120
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Wow. I'm arrogant? Talk about projecting. It sounds like a strength coach face****ed your mother at some point, I'm sorry to hear that. Seriously, I don't understand your rage and defiance to learning something new, it's a bit sad really. If you calmed your emotions down you might be able to comprehend what you're reading, nobody is claiming a strength coach should take a boxing coaches place. Making generalisations just makes you look like the re**** you are.
Cartoon time the kids are home

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing