Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #196
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheGreat View Post

A few big ones are coming and on it's way though. Wilder and Price. I fully expect to see Wlad's career end 2 years from now due to a big Wilder right hand and all you people in classics making what you guys perceived as intelligent posts about 'what went wrong'?
The answer of course is 'nothing' He just got his chin exposed yet again.

But I'm sure geniuses like MagnaMagna and Mendoza will have entire paragraphs to write about 'what went wrong' after Wilder Ko Wlad.
Wilder has looked shaky already vs grade B jouryman. He has a chin of glass. He's still raw, and he can add some weight. Wilder is being managed like an American Hope, milking a broze medal that he won thanks in part to a luck draw at the Olympics. HBO would love to air Wilder vs. Mitchell, but it will never happen, as Wilder would get knocked out. Outside of a lucky puncher's chance, Wilder would have no chance at all vs. Wlad. KO inside of four rounds.

Price is a bit better than Wilder. You could call him a poor man's Wlad Klitschko, which in a post Kltischko world could make him rich. However, Price had a very suspect chin in the amatuers, and I do not think it will take a lot of forshawdoing to see how his career is going to play out once he fights someone with skills and power.

Neither of these two are sucessors. Pulev, or Glazkov in 3 years I think are the men to beat.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #197
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in HW boxing histor

Quote:
I hope your still active in 4 years Magna. I will love to be the young fighter taking out a old man who's fat and slow and shot.
Why not fight him now ?
He's already old. He fought Lennox Lewis. Everyone who fought Lewis is old now.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #198
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in HW boxing histor

Magnanasakki, great insight.

Are you Larry Donald?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #199
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
. . . without being floored.

This is from the general forum section. Is the poster right?
I hve no idea if it is true or not but even if it is all it proves are facts can be misleading as we know his chin is below average for world championship caliber and clearly his primary weakness.
he grant is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #200
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

FelixtheGreat, are you Rahman's son?
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #201
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Hmmm. Who benefits the forum more? A troll named Felix or a man who's mixed with the best heavyweights of the past two decades and is gracious enough to share insight?

No contest whatsoever, mcg ban this fool.
just catching up on felix in this thread. while i don't like him, we need guys like this to mix shit up on occasion. he seems genuine, even if we don't all agree with him
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #202
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He's hilarious.

Been around for several months too.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #203
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

FelixTheGreat is great.

I disagree with a lot of what he said, mostly concerning his faith in Deontay Wilder.
But he has every right to speak. And I wish him the best in his boxing ambitions.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #204
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I was being looked at to fight the guy in a year or two; It was sobering.

Nothing like getting a look at a dude who is looking like a monster in sparring and on the bags, then getting told by a handler they'd like to make the match. My eyebrows molded to my hairline, and I went home almost queasy at the thought of challenging Golota for title or something crazy like that.

Then, I sat through the rematch, live, and watched him erase himself from relevance over the next couple of years. Funny how the fight game works.
If you aren't writing these vignettes for posterity, you should.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #205
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well what you say is true in a sense but I mean that for me personally I can always select the best at any one time regardless of which belt they wear. Many won't agree but from my point of view it's consistent all the way through.
Well, that's the definition of subjective, which is what I'm saying. The point of the existence of the Board is to offer a strong and consistent path to the throne -one path, one throne -. If it is eventually accepted as the most beneficial for boxing and that sure as hell is no promise, it would be good for fans and end the reign of those little tin gods and their silly belts. On that we'd probably agree.

Quote:
Take Floyd at lmw, he's already beaten cotto clearly yet would have to do so again to take your throne.
Well, to pull a switch-a-roo in the rankings becuase of that would be unethical, yes? As it is, boxing is dynamic and the rankings will change. Maybe soon.

Quote:
Well take lesnevic, he lost to bivins a couple of pounds above the limit, he lost his claim as the best lhw in the world at that point.

Burley, despite twice beating zivic never got his shot at Armstrong and the way zivic twice beat him underlined his position.

The way i see it, no claims need dismissing. The fighters live and die for those belts. It's more about which of the claimants a rate number 1. For instance Igarashi at flyweight is about to lose his premiere status when the winner of viloria and Marquez is announced.
I am not eager to dismiss the claims of a fighter. There's a fighter you'd know who got a hold of mine and he was pretty irate that he wasn't among the True Successors. I felt badly about it (and stepped out of punching range so to speak). For him, it was a matter of timing -he beat at least two but one before he was on the throne and one after he lost it. To give him a feel-good throne would be wrong. The villain is the WBS, who have confused the landscape so badly that no one knew who to beat...
Old 11-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #206
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Also, in terms of this 1v2 you seek. When wlad beat iggy the top 3 where clearly wlad, iggy and Peter. Wlad had already beaten Peter and he then defeated iggy. That was all before vitali came back as well.

I just don't see how anyone can refute his championship claims. The one man you list as his main contender doesn't contend his status.

I like your system but I just can't see how wlad is anything other than champion.
A system isn't a system if it doesn't work like a system. Making exceptions based on feelings like Morris Albert, brotherly love, and "who already beat who" is sure way to carry on this five-decade tradition of mass confusion.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #207
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
If you aren't writing these vignettes for posterity, you should.
Eventually, I plan to do, something, I dunno. I don't think my story is half as interesting with my real name on it. That's the trick.

And Mr. Felix- In the unlikely event I am indeed still active in half a decade and you'd like a bout with an old man, when your ready, you can indeed call my management. Warning: I don't come cheap.

Just keep your hands up!
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #208
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
Well, that's the definition of subjective, which is what I'm saying. The point of the existence of the Board is to offer a strong and consistent path to the throne -one path, one throne -. If it is eventually accepted as the most beneficial for boxing and that sure as hell is no promise, it would be good for fans and end the reign of those little tin gods and their silly belts. On that we'd probably agree.

Well, to pull a switch-a-roo in the rankings becuase of that would be unethical, yes? As it is, boxing is dynamic and the rankings will change. Maybe soon.

I am not eager to dismiss the claims of a fighter. There's a fighter you'd know who got a hold of mine and he was pretty irate that he wasn't among the True Successors. I felt badly about it (and stepped out of punching range so to speak). For him, it was a matter of timing -he beat at least two but one before he was on the throne and one after he lost it. To give him a feel-good throne would be wrong. The villain is the WBS, who have confused the landscape so badly that no one knew who to beat...
Most everything we agree with to be honest. Both of us see this progression as necessary and both seek clarity. It's just that presently we hold some different values to things.

The main one being I think Floyd, wlad and Garcia should certainly be champs by even your criteria (depending upon drug use and your stance on it)

Wlads claim is safe since iggy. Floyds is safe since cotto and garcias since khan.

Either way you have them all number 1 in your rankings so the difference is semantical. Both see them as best, we just disagree on the worth of their championship claim.

Probably out only strong disagreement would be Igarashi at flyweight.

in short I fully back the board. Rankings decided by 25 people or whatever is miles better than anything at present. Your championship policy is totally sound. Do I think it should have leeway? Yes in those cases mentioned but the bottom line remains and you still recognise them as number 1 which is sometimes just as good.

All in all great work and lets hope it receives the prestige it deserves.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #209
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Because this Magna guy is a genius Klittard. He is slowly but surely tricking a whole bunch of Classic morons into thinking Wlad is equal to if not greater than Lennox.

He's like a super version of Vlad23. He's like Vladimir23 but upgraded into some hybrid genius. If you read between the lines he is clearly saying Wlad is>than Lennox.

Not that I give a **** what a tiny section of a tiny website says regarding either. Since nobody even know who Wlad is outside of some weird ass third world Eastern European countries.
(and Germany)

The only reason he praises Lennox is so he can FURTHER his praise for Wlad without sounding suspicious.

God I wanna fight this mother ****er right now .

I hope your still active in 4 years Magna. I will love to be the young fighter taking out a old man who's fat and slow and shot.

The difference is unlike Vitali, I will actually get the job done.

Also @at you morons who is so into his writings.

I can write intelligent too, but I just don't wnat ot.
Actually if you read all his posts, he did say the thought Lewis would win a head to head contest between him and Wlad. What I believe he is saying is that he feels Wlad is technically better in many areas and hits harder much of the time. But he also said Lewis is more of a natural fighter, has a mean streak and he predicted if they fought, it would likely be a Lewis upper cut that would end the fight.

Pretty balanced viewpoint if you ask me.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #210
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Luf, Cotto was not the no.1 JMW.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum