Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #2401
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
"If Klitschko's eye isn't healed in time for a December fight, Lewis said, "Then we'll have to look at other options, Roy Jones, call it a day or see what else is out there, but I don't think anything else is out there."

Lewis was still hinting at retirement, even in the Link Bremem tried to use as proof. In fact it just proves Lewis had no more hunger. What fighter even mentions retirement before and after fighting someone but is still truly interested in it?
"I want the rematch," Lewis said, speaking to the media on a conference call from New York. "I enjoyed that fight. It was just a fight. We went at it. You have to play dollars and cents but I'm opting more for the rematch."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bremen is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 AM   #2402
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
"I want the rematch," Lewis said, speaking to the media on a conference call from New York. "I enjoyed that fight. It was just a fight. We went at it. You have to play dollars and cents but I'm opting more for the rematch."
I've proven Lewis was talking about retiring before and after Beating Vittles. How are you making out finding anyone associated with the fight saying a thumb caused the cut and Lewis should have been DQ' d? Yeah, that's what I thought...nada!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #2403
Zapper1608
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think Lewis probably thought he had nothing to prove. He beat Vitali at age 37 going on 38 and he was in the worst shape of his career. And lets face it, he took a lot of punishment in the first part of the 6-rounds and he (IMO) thought it was not worth, beating the guy but taking as much punishment again. He already had a HOF career with or without Vitali. And risking his health again wouldn't make sense.
Zapper1608 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #2404
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper1608 View Post
I think Lewis probably thought he had nothing to prove. He beat Vitali at age 37 going on 38 and he was in the worst shape of his career. And lets face it, he took a lot of punishment in the first part of the 6-rounds and he (IMO) thought it was not worth, beating the guy but taking as much punishment again. He already had a HOF career with or without Vitali. And risking his health again wouldn't make sense.
Vitali was a big underdog then, he could only hurt his legacy.
If Vitali had retired for ever after that fight nobody would have cared, but Klitschko proved dominant later on so Vitali has become one of his better wins.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #2405
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Had to pay my respects again. People were raving about Lew/Vitali rematch again in "What is LL doing now" kinda thread today. Some said VItali would've beaten him easily. What is fact is Lewis TKO 6 Vitali.
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #2406
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
I've proven Lewis was talking about retiring before and after Beating Vittles. How are you making out finding anyone associated with the fight saying a thumb caused the cut and Lewis should have been DQ' d? Yeah, that's what I thought...nada!!
these dumb fvks then make an animated GIF of the punch that caused the cut and what do you know ... his thumb is oriented AWAY from quitalis paper face and no where near the site of impact

then these homos will bring up score cards like they mean anything in a sport like heavyweight boxing where a KO could happen easily ... especially when momentum was in with Lewis when the stoppage actually happened

tko6
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #2407
infini_IV
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
these dumb fvks then make an animated GIF of the punch that caused the cut and what do you know ... his thumb is oriented AWAY from quitalis paper face and no where near the site of impact tko6

Tell me about it, i see Lewis Homos post a gif of him knocking out Rahman and somehow thats supposed to mean that he himself wasnt KTFO it the most brutal fashion by Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
then these homos will bring up score cards like they mean anything in a sport like heavyweight boxing where a KO could happen easily ... especially when momentum was in with Lewis when the stoppage actually happened
Riigggghht, so scores dont mean anything but the un-quantifiable "momentum" does because you said so? righto dickhead!
infini_IV is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #2408
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by infini_IV View Post
Tell me about it, i see Lewis Homos post a gif of him knocking out Rahman and somehow thats supposed to mean that he himself wasnt KTFO it the most brutal fashion by Rahman

Riigggghht, so scores dont mean anything but the un-quantifiable "momentum" does because you said so? righto dickhead!
TKO6. Get over it.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2409
infini_IV
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
TKO6. Get over it.
Yep im over it, the best thing about TKO6 is the T. it could have been much worse like a KTFO5! a proper knockout you know where Lewis is flat on his back unconscious punching holes in the clouds haha
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #2410
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yep im over it, the best thing about TKO6 is the T. it could have been much worse like a KTFO5! a proper knockout you know where Lewis is flat on his back unconscious punching holes in the clouds haha
TKO6.

MVC is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #2411
infini_IV
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #2412
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Lewis AVENGED those losses, something that Wlad gets his brother to do or vice versa

Quote:
He was winning the last round you ****tard and Vitali was passing out on top of him

He had the momentum before the TKO

TKO6
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2413
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

That's funny how much Lewis ****ed up his legacy by retiring. I think if he would rematch Klitschko and loose it would be better for his resume then just running away like that at age of 37. Undisputed Champs are not suppose to throw away all their belts when danger comes their way. He avoided the southpaws, the Klitschkos and still had 2 brutal KO losses and was on queer street many times. Briggs almost took him out like Rahman or Mccall. Lewis definitely didn't like punchers and didn't dare to fight southpaws.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #2414
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
That's funny how much Lewis ****ed up his legacy by retiring. I think if he would rematch Klitschko and loose it would be better for his resume then just running away like that at age of 37. Undisputed Champs are not suppose to throw away all their belts when danger comes their way. He avoided the southpaws, the Klitschkos and still had 2 brutal KO losses and was on queer street many times. Briggs almost took him out like Rahman or Mccall. Lewis definitely didn't like punchers and didn't dare to fight southpaws.
Deal with it. TKO6.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #2415
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Vitali Vagina Face

King Daddy Lewis

150 million

TKO6. Get over it.
MVC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum