Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default S&C coaches are not neccessary.

Sorry to burst your burst your bubbles. If you have a good old school boxing coach, an S&C coach is not neccessary, a good coach knows how to prepare a fighter for whatever he may face or how many rds they go.
Now for you nitpickers There are good S&C coaches who do wonderful jobs, they do their jobs with no fanfare On this threads here I am addressing the S&C coach who whips out terms that only they know and consider a person dumb if they dont understand the terms or the human body like they do. These S&C guys want to reinvent the wheel. They are the new age flim flam guys selling snake oil. I will be upfront and make it clear, I would agree that a good S&C coach would be an asset. These Snake oil guys will tell you all kinds of horror stories about how old school tecniques and coaches are using outdated and dangerous techniques and that they are hurting their fighters. They have all the answers how to correct and improve any guy.
There is a long line of ATG's and HOF'rs who didnt have an S&C coach, or a six pack or were striking bodybuilder poses. I am sure that I will get called names, that I am an idiot, and nitpick this or that, they S&C can howl in the wind cos you know what old school trainers knew what they were doing and they sure as hell didnt need S&C guys, they had boxing coaches, and asst coaches who did all the training. These snake oil S&C guys will tell they could do a better job cos they understand the human body and most boxing coaches are dumb cos they dont know the new and improved techniques. What they dont tell you is that old school works as well or better.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: S&C coaches are not neccessary.

Reported as spam.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Reported as spam.
Couldnt handle the topic 'er big boy

Spam

1. Trademark a canned food product of consisting of pork formed into a solid block.

noun
2. disruptive messages posted on a computer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or especially commercial messagessent as email

Which is it?

This is a statement that is based on facts, contains no bad words, if it is spam cos it's disrupting the way you think. The facts are that S&C coach are not neccessary if you think different thats fine, explain why this is wrong or why it's spam?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
Couldnt handle the topic 'er big boy

Spam

1. Trademark a canned food product of consisting of pork formed into a solid block.

noun
2. disruptive messages posted on a computer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or especially commercial messagessent as email

Which is it?

This is a statement that is based on facts, contains no bad words, if it is spam cos it's disrupting the way you think. The facts are that S&C coach are not neccessary if you think different thats fine, explain why this is wrong or why it's spam?
It's spam because you already have a thread on this very subject therefore this thread is spam by the above definition.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hmmmm that was not my thread sorry, this thread is a statement of fact. S&C coaches are not neccessary. If this by your definition is spam and the powers that be deem it so then so be it. I have made a point that I believe you might have shared. I feel we can discuss whatever issues that come up. Those "not up to date" boxing coaches that S&C guys seem to belittle are working for little or no pay and they deserve respect which from that previous thread the one you are talking about old school was never given.
Boxers always need conditioning, in most cases all a young kid has is a boxing coach. I have gone to gyms all across the US and Mexico and can tell you, I have never ever been to a gym where there wasn't some sort of S&C equipment maybe not up to your standards, but it's all they had. I have been to Nacho beristains gym where they made their own equipment. Two quart size cans filled with cement on both ends of a broom stick. I believe if you follow boxing you will know who Beristain is. Some of the guys who came up using that broom stick and cans are Ricardo "Finito" Lopez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Rafael Marquez, Daniel Zaragoza. So show some respect these old school guys made some great, great fighters.

Last edited by dempsey1234; 11-17-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: left out key words, had to edit to make sense of what I was trying to say, sorry.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Scorpion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Dempsey get that sand out of your vagina you ****ing bleeding cunthole.
Scorpion is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #7
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Dempsey get that sand out of your vagina you ****ing bleeding cunthole.
Very colorful, you must be a child, whose girlfriend has this affliction.

The truth hurts I guess. Such venom, why does it bother you so?? Are you an S&C guy? You can always state your POV, in fact here it is, S&C coaches are neccessary so sayeth S&C guys, then you can cite the reasons why you think it is so.
I dont think they are neccessary cos a good boxing can prepare you condition-wise to go from 4 rds to 12rds. I reached that conclusion by listening to a few S&C guys on this forum and then reviewing Championship fights from the 1890's to the present, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the vast majority of fighters who fought and won the title, and became ATG's, had nothing but a boxing coach and his asst who helped with the conditioning, very, very few had a S&C coach.
Why do S&C guys feel threatened? I would really like to hear what the S&C guys have to say but as you yourself have done and what a few others do they resort to name calling. Temper, temper
Old 11-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Scorpion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Hey tell me, did your S&C coach force you to drink his sperm instead of milk or something? Seriously what's with the hate fool.
Scorpion is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
S&C coach is not neccessary... I would agree that a good S&C coach would be an asset.
This really is all that needs to be said on the topic.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

This thread is uninformative, boring and does not provoke thought. It is however, a hateful and biased opinion with no scientific research to back it and the "case study" is based on the myth that all past champions trained the same way.

This thread is a fail.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
This has already been stated to the OP multiple times. For some reason he can't quite grasp the fact that we agree.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hey tell me, did your S&C coach force you to drink his sperm instead of milk or something? Seriously what's with the hate fool.
What is it about this thread that makes such a wit as yourself come up with these scenario's they are so graphic, do they come from your own experiences?
No hate intended only stating a fact, S&C guys swear up and down that modern science and knowledge make them superior to a boxing trainers. I dont think so and that is what this thread is about. Some S&C guys, especially the amateurs that come on this forum put these guys down like they are just dumbasses who dont know jack about training a fighter. Go on some of these threads and see the venom spewed on old school and boxing trainers.
Now my boxing friend where is the hate that is equal to yours and your posts?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thats right but only in a minority of cases are S&C guys needed, a good boxing coach can do the job without any input from an S&C guy. But let me ask can a S&C guy get a fighter ready without a boxing coach? I know alot of you yappers, will say yes we can.
You guys for some reason have this reaction that I am a hater. No I am just stating a fact, S&C guys are Notneccessary, what is wrong with that. There is statistical data readily available, ck out BOXREC and ck out every fighter throughout boxing history that would have had a modern S&C guy, I will save you the trouble practically none. They had old fashion and old school training in a vast marjority of cases. Modern S&C claim they know the human body better then any coach and have knowledge of technological advances and blah, blah. Well as then saying goes "IF IT AINT BROKE", you know the rest.
Another factor you yappers dont realize is that not everyone has access to a S&C guy, or could afford one if there was.
My point is S&C guys are not neccesary, thats all.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
You guys for some reason have this reaction that I am a hater. No I am just stating a fact, S&C guys are Notneccessary, what is wrong with that.
Nothing, that's why I ****ing agree with it
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nothing, that's why I ****ing agree with it
He's either too dense to understand or want's to start pointless shit. I'm going with option 2.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing