Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Who HASN'T Price lost to or been floored by in the ams/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Remind me when Fury beat Price in the ams?
I don't think that the OP made the claim....can you comment on the one that he did make?
icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

i'd like to see price v wach after the skelton fight
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Bollocks.
Well, it's absolute youtubeable fact - with headgear - he's gone down heavily or lost to the guys above

BUT I suspect his punch resistance against big, tall punchers IMPROVES when he doesn't have padding guarding his temple and chin :
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
i'd like to see price v wach after the skelton fight
I don't want to see Wach in the ring ever again with a massive puncher,having an iron chin is a good thing but when it's that good? **** that,the shots Wlad landed over and over again were disgusting.Dread to think what his face looked like a few hours later.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
You can't change your chin in boxing, he can improve and protect it more but if he gets in there with someone decent and gets caught he is going to go down IMO. I think he would beat those guys which you have stated but against a higher level of opposition I don't see him having the tools to win. You can't really judge his progression when he has been fighting low British level fighters. If he gets in there with someone half decent then maybe we can judge.
Those mentionned are the level of contenders in the Heavyweight division. The only two who have clearly proven to be above them are the Klitschko's and maybe Povetkin, plus Haye obviously if he carries on fighting. You said he'd soon be found out in your first post but then said he could beat them and that we can't judge him yet. Make your mind up

The division isn't steeped in talent and once Wlad and Vitali retire is wide open for anyone. Price has the quality to beat those type of fighters and the likes of Fury who have struggled at the lower levels so I'm surprised at how convinced some are to write him off.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I don't think that the OP made the claim....can you comment on the one that he did make?
What would that be? The same claim about him being knocked down by him that I addressed in the exact same post that you cropped
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #22
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Well a few years back, I was asked to step into the ring with this Liverpudlian beanpole...
What happened T?. I'd like to think Price shat it after you agreed to face him. Moral victory for the Booze .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Quote:
Those mentionned are the level of contenders in the Heavyweight division. The only two who have clearly proven to be above them are the Klitschko's and maybe Povetkin, plus Haye obviously if he carries on fighting. You said he'd soon be found out in your first post but then said he could beat them and that we can't judge him yet. Make your mind up

The division isn't steeped in talent and once Wlad and Vitali retire is wide open for anyone. Price has the quality to beat those type of fighters and the likes of Fury who have struggled at the lower levels so I'm surprised at how convinced some are to write him off.
I just think the particular ones you mentioned aren't particularly hot prospects IMO. I think if he steps in with someone with a punch then he is in big trouble.

Price hasn't been in a tough fight so I'm not going to be convinced yet, until he gets in there with someone that can actually take more than one punch without folding and that puts him on the back foot I won't be as sure as you seem to be that he will get to the top
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
What would that be? The same claim about him being knocked down by him that I addressed in the exact same post that you cropped
I took your claim and quoted it....dont want to waste forum bandwidth. Fury knocked Price down, quite heavily, with a shot high up on his head....he did go down like a sack of shit. After watching that and listening to people I know who have seen the lad throughout his career, ams and pro, he is a bit of a Khan waiting to happen
icemax is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
I just think the particular ones you mentioned aren't particularly hot prospects IMO. I think if he steps in with someone with a punch then he is in big trouble.

Price hasn't been in a tough fight so I'm not going to be convinced yet, until he gets in there with someone that can actually take more than one punch without folding and that puts him on the back foot I won't be as sure as you seem to be that he will get to the top

Last year, just before McDermott, he fought a guy who had defensive skills and could take a punch ... but was basically APPALLING.

It lasted 7 rounds before a *cough* 'TKO' by Price.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This guy was 5'11, 37 and had a 5-16 record.

Of course Price will meet someone who can take his power ... this guy could.

The point is he'll meet someone who can take his power and also punch and isn't a foot shorter and and 10 years older.

Pretty much like the list of guys in the o/p he's lost and/or been KD'd by/
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #26
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If any of you have FB go over to the David Price Fanpage ... some of the guys on there are ridiculous with their claims,Price having the best jab ever at HW all the way through to his ring walk from the ***ton fight being the best ever , people are going utterly bat shit ****ing crazy over this guy and i'm yet to see why? For whatever reason people see his win over Audley as credible aswell yet shat on Haye for it and would do the same to Fury.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
The list was fighters Price EITHER lost to in the ams OR was put on his backside by,

Fury is in the secod category. At 17 years he ONLY managed to put Price on his backside

There are a quite a few other fighters who have knocked down Price. Some Indian guy and a couple of others.

TBF it is a testament to Price's ability that he could keep going down and winning,

Chisora and Fury for example never even took a count between them in the amateurs.
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Question Re: Who HASN'T Price lost to or been floored by in the ams/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
It makes me laugh that people mention the Wach and Stiverne fights. They both turned pro in 2005, when Price was 22. Even if they did knock him down, so what? He was a young, green fighter who hadn't fully matured.

Aside from that, he wouldn't be the first fighter to be an inferior amateur to a pro. If Price fought Wach, it'd be a horrible mismatch.
Why is it okay for price to get brutally ktfo in headgear "because has 22" but fury had a tough 10 rounds with seasoned pro mcdermott at the same age and is a bum.

Fury will ko price

People only like price because he's a loser like them
Dai is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
murphman22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

This may sound utterly ridiculous but Price looks like someone who has a poor chin physically. Small head and thin neck (relative to his body). Personally think that Fury has a good chin and he'll stand there and bang Price out.
murphman22 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People hate Fury because he's a Gypsy, it's that simple,they like to pretend it's because he talks trash but lets be honest alot of boxers do it and don't get anywhere near the shit he does.
lordgore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum