Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

UFC middleweight champion and icon Anderson Silva was in attendance prior to UFC 154 kicking off to speak with the media about his plans for 2013.
The champion spoke about a lot of possibilities, but mainly he focused on a super fight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.
If St-Pierre is successful against Carlos Condit on Saturday, all signs are pointing towards a super fight between Silva and the welterweight champion in 2013.
The interesting addition to Silva’s talk was his new opinion on a potential match-up with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
In the past, both Silva and Jones have declined the possibility of the fight happening, but now the Brazilian legend says if the UFC wants it, then he’ll do it.
Check out the video interview below with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELcidyyzOc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

silva-jones=**** yea
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

but now the Brazilian legend says if the UFC wants it, then he’ll do it.

Now this is the sort of shit i expect from a guy like Anderson Silva

He will break Bones
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
The Spider

vCash:

Well all want to see the very best fights and most of them involve Spider Silva.

For mine, the video was just plain inconclusive >>>

Yes it sounds like he might fight GSP - might. But...'Maybe'...'No'...'It's up to Dana'...'Maybe'...
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Silva always does this, its nothing new. Remember he said he would never face a guy again as disrespectful as Sonnen? I know GSP and Jones are a little better than him yet when money talks he'll listen. Either fight would be great but Jones/Silva would gather HUGE attention breaking records that won't be touched again.
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Silva always does this, its nothing new. Remember he said he would never face a guy again as disrespectful as Sonnen? I know GSP and Jones are a little better than him yet when money talks he'll listen. Either fight would be great but Jones/Silva would gather HUGE attention breaking records that won't be touched again.
It is probably just cat and mouse on Spider's part, and I saw no real commitment from him in the video.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am outside the loop. How many views estimated could silva jones do?
boxingboy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
It is probably just cat and mouse on Spider's part, and I saw no real commitment from him in the video.
Silva has never been the one to call someone out. Yes he's always seemed a bit shy but he'll fight whoever that's not the problem. Think he's making sure he'll get paid lucratively and the fights with the most money are GSP and/or Jones. Great fights too. A signed contract is the only commitment he needs to show.

BTW, back to back with GSP then Jones? Don't think that's possible but will be very fortunate if one of those fights were to happen.
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #9
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Silva has never been the one to call someone out. Yes he's always seemed a bit shy but he'll fight whoever that's not the problem. Think he's making sure he'll get paid lucratively and the fights with the most money are GSP and/or Jones. Great fights too. A signed contract is the only commitment he needs to show.

BTW, back to back with GSP then Jones? Don't think that's possible but will be very fortunate if one of those fights were to happen.
Spider would be mad if he didn't cash in big time for these two fights. The size of the cake would be huge for either and he's entitled to an extra large helping.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

JBJ and Silva has to be made before the end of 2013. Otherwise MMA fans for the rest of time will be asking the question, "who would have won"
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
SRCP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Silva is like 40 no? This fight's "prime" is gone already.
SRCP is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
Silva is like 40 no? This fight's "prime" is gone already.
Silva is 37 and the most dominant force in the UFC.

Nice try though
Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450

GPS vs Silva aint gonna happen. GPS will stay in welterweight to duck Silva like the plagues and Silva probably won't drop down to a catchweight.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #14
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
GPS vs Silva aint gonna happen. GPS will stay in welterweight to duck Silva like the plagues and Silva probably won't drop down to a catchweight.
GSP has pleanty of challenges at WW. Why move up when you don't need to?Are you supposed to keep moving up until you lose so all of the idiots in the world can say "TOLD YA SO, I KNEW GSP SUCKED ALL ALONG"? He is a WW. He can stay at WW until he retires for all I care. Moving up is not a necessity.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #15
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450

If and when GPS moves up and gets destroyed by Silva NOBODY will say, ""TOLD YA SO, I KNEW GSP SUCKED ALL ALONG" because it's clear as day to most people that GPS is not on Silva's level.

But you can bet Silva haters will come up with theories about how Silva cheated by leaning on the cage or some crap like that
SuperHut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum