Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #91
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

An absolutely ridiculous match up ... Wlad stops him in two rounds ... people forget what a devastating puncher Wlad is .. w Rocky at such a size disadvantage I cannot imagine him taking too many of Wlad's bombs ... it's a crazy match up
he grant is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #92
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Forget he reality that wlad is 70 pounds heavier.

Rocky has nostalgia on his side so what more do you need?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #93
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
The Human Statue? Do you even watch boxing or is it just some kind of nostalgia based fantasy role playing game for you?
Been watching since 1964!!!
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #94
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wlad's chin vs.the "Suzie Q?"...if Ross and Corrie and Brewster can land...
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #95
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

RockyJim,

This is not the Wlad of the purrity and sanders fighters were posing against Marciano. Rocky would beat that version of Wlad. However, the current version of Wladimir, is a completely different animal, a ATG superheavyweight who is too much for Rock.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #96
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Wlad has tremendous power, probably more than Rocky. He also has a huge size advantage (60 pounds).

If Wlad fights like he fought against Chagaev, Haye, or Peter, he wins easily.

If he decides to risk a bit more and fight like he did against Brewster I or Wach, it would be closer and Marciano has a big puncher's chance.

Anyways, I think Wlad would choose Option A, because that has been his favourite during his 2005-2011 peak. KLITSCHKO UD12.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #97
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

funny but Rocky was 188lbs but when they tested him at the military base I believe he had 1,000 lbs of power and Vlad was around the same....I love Rocky and I am big on Vlad but can they take each others shot....as far as a match you would need a time machine but if you brought Vlad back to Rocky's time he would be smaller and if you brought Rocky forward he would be bigger...pure speculation
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #98
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Spoon View Post
Marciano would win, and as Wladimir crumbled the nonbelievers would experience something very similar to what Newton would have had he been alive to witness Einstein’s theories weave their way into our lives.

A few years ago cross-trainer insinuated that it ‘gets to a point’ when a size differential is too much. Ted Spoon would counter that there comes a point when one size fits all. If size holds sway then our 7 footers would have scrubbed up better.

Very rarely is the opposite considered; Marciano was taught to fight even smaller. Many present heavyweights attempt to fight long, and upon realising Wladimir’s superiority in this department they know not how to shorten their punches, roll under jabs. Sure enough, in quick time, their confidence is shot.

All that said, I respect your posts very much.

Marciano would neither try to play Wladimir’s game nor would he get discouraged. Straight off the bat we have a new recipe forged from ingredients we already know the big man has trouble digesting.

So crude are some of these breakdowns that there’s this picture painted of a weak light-heavyweight pitifully swiping the air in futile efforts to clip the giants jaw.

Rocky would make him fight, he would make him uncomfortable, and as soon as he smells that which an army of incompetence has failed to invoke (namely fear) a Suzie-Q would whip around the next corner.
I wonder. I'm reading a book about Jack Johnson, specifically about his fight with Tommy Burns. All things considered it's a somewhat similar situation. He himself said a good big boxer is going to beat a good small boxer, most of the time. He also said that for the smaller boxer to win, he's going to have to take changes, and when he does, that's when the good big boxer goes to work.

If they were actually fighting, I'd be betting a fair amount of money on Wlad. Now if it were Tyson I'd be a bit more concerned about the outcome because of the speed difference.
Vanboxingfan is online now  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #99
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
I wonder. I'm reading a book about Jack Johnson, specifically about his fight with Tommy Burns. All things considered it's a somewhat similar situation. He himself said a good big boxer is going to beat a good small boxer, most of the time. He also said that for the smaller boxer to win, he's going to have to take changes, and when he does, that's when the good big boxer goes to work.

If they were actually fighting, I'd be betting a fair amount of money on Wlad. Now if it were Tyson I'd be a bit more concerned about the outcome because of the speed difference.
Wlad can't survive with Tyson

Neither Klit can
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #100
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
funny but Rocky was 188lbs but when they tested him at the military base I believe he had 1,000 lbs of power and Vlad was around the same....I love Rocky and I am big on Vlad but can they take each others shot....as far as a match you would need a time machine but if you brought Vlad back to Rocky's time he would be smaller and if you brought Rocky forward he would be bigger...pure speculation
Ducktales.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #101
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Those PSI tests are entirely bogus. Sorry. Rocky was an attrition puncher against his best foes. Or you would like to convince me that Don ****ell absorbed 5 billions PSI in their bout...
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #102
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Those PSI tests are entirely bogus. Sorry. Rocky was an attrition puncher against his best foes.
Seamus,

Pre 1953...Marciano was absolutely a 1 punch knockout artist. One of the best ever. His power changed around 1954 when he became more of a volume puncher altering his style.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #103
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
i REALLY hope that thought went through rocky's head at least once. does rocky just go super saiyan or something

but why didn't he use this power against lastarza ?

i don't think it's that easy and wlad KNOWS when he has to keep distance from a fighter and smother the action. that's what he'd do against rocky, who would be frustrated as **** against a fighter who is constantly jabbing him from across the ring (i love rock but he does have t-rex arms)
You can't KO everyone but an opponent with a proven propensity to gas wouldn't be too much of a problem for Marciano. Size is irrelevant and one is a proven great whilst the other...is nowhere near it

At some point Marciano will start to get on the inside, then it's game over
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #104
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Seamus,

Pre 1953...Marciano was absolutely a 1 punch knockout artist. One of the best ever. His power changed around 1954 when he became more of a volume puncher altering his style.
One of the best one punch knockout artists ever doesn't just turn into a volume puncher. Doesn't happen.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #105
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJim View Post
Been watching since 1964!!!
No offence mate, but for someone who's been watching the sport since 1964 you should be able to come up with something better than this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJim View Post
Wlad's chin vs.the "Suzie Q?"...if Ross and Corrie and Brewster can land...
Absolutely! is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum