boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #691
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300
Default Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Broner >>> Valero - but El Inca was and continues to be extremely overrated.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #692
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks9314 View Post
only negative thing i'll say is that broner is a bit flat footed. he doesn't have the ability to dance around the ring like his idol did in his prime.
I doubt he has the ability, he just has a different tempermant. Like others have said think more James Toney and his shoulder roll than Mayweather. Broner wants to fight and land big punches.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #693
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:
only negative thing i'll say is that broner is a bit flat footed. he doesn't have the ability to dance around the ring like his idol did in his prime.
That's another big reason he reminds me of Toney. I think Broner will face the same kind of stylistic strengths and weaknesses James did moving forward. The biggest challenge for Adrien going forward will be someone with a reach advantage and handspeed (and preferably workrate as well) who can stay on the outside.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #694
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Its official. After defeating Cunningham, Banks and Arreola, Tomasz Adamek is America's #1 HW. Who's next?
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #695
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Broner >>> Valero - but El Inca was and continues to be extremely overrated.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
I doubt he has the ability, he just has a different tempermant. Like others have said think more James Toney and his shoulder roll than Mayweather. Broner wants to fight and land big punches.
yeah. I like the toney comparison.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #696
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Quote:
Actually, I had nothing there other than

"Round 8

TKO8"

My computer died and rebooted in the middle of my write-up so I put in the placeholder post with my phone and then just went back and filled it back in from memory.

You know, I'm most definitely sober enough to use the page-back button where it shows what the page looked like, not updated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Make a brother think he's losing his mind when he deliberately meant to be a smartass about something in particular.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #697
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Adamek needed every dollar from his purse to payoff the judges in the Chambers fight.

Eddie blanked that chump with one ****ing arm.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #698
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
He's not quite as good defensively as Mayweather was, either...But then again he does throw a higher number of punches and tends to commit to his shots a bit more than a younger Mayweather did.

Either way, it's fair to say that Broner isn't simply a Maywather impersonator anymore. He should be measured on his own merits and flaws...and the merits certainly seem to outweigh the flaws at this point in his career.
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #699
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

I thought Broner used his shoulder very well against DeMarco, Usually Floyd abandons his shoulder roll style against a lefty, Broner never really left it against DeMarco, still caught most of DeMarco's work and outboxed him on the inside and outside.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #700
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
I thought Broner used his shoulder very well against DeMarco, Usually Floyd abandons his shoulder roll style against a lefty, Broner never really left it against DeMarco, still caught most of DeMarco's work and outboxed him on the inside and outside.
He really is stepping out from Pretty Boy's shadow and establishing his own identity.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #701
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

Make me think I'm out my mind!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #702
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

...are you in your mind?

Are you all in mine?

...whoooooa...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #703
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

Quote:
...are you in your mind?

Are you all in mine?

...whoooooa...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #704
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

I've never seen such a quick corner stoppage. hbo had there had in this from the beginning.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #705
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
He doesn't abandon it against southpaws. Demarco was willing to stand in front of Broner in the pocket...which helps the shoulder roll a lot because when you are close to a southpaw, they are no longer a southpaw. Floyd was backing Corley,Judah, and Mitchell up with a combination of high guard and lead left lowered...and when Ortiz was coming forward, Mayweather was in the typical shoulder roll stance.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum