Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #16
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176
Default Re: Seth Mitchell exposed

I once thought Chisora-Mitchell would be a good fight also,like **** they'd ever take on Chisora,he'd have Mitchell gone in a round.
lordgore is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #17
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Exposed as a hardworking, respectable all-around athlete who isn't invincible like no one was saying he was? Hahaha? Why does boxing attract these kinds of "fans"? That's what I'm curious about.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #18
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
Ever considered that Fury and Price are just as untested as Mitchell was and that they might end up in a similar position if they ever step it up against a well-drilled guy like Banks?
No way are Fury and Price as bad as Mitchell.

Dereck Chisora would murder Mitchell. Fury beat Chisora.

Mitchell is a JOKE.

A FLAT OUT BUM.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Exposed as a hardworking, respectable all-around athlete who isn't invincible like no one was saying he was? Hahaha? Why does boxing attract these kinds of "fans"? That's what I'm curious about.
He's not an all round athlete though is he,he's a crude slugger with slow feet,no head movement,poor punch resistance and some power.
Look through the countless threads on here with people making him out to be the next Tyson or Foreman.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #20
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
absolutely no idea, he comes across as one of the coolest guys you could ever meet but people hate on him regardless. I didnt expect him to do much but he's exciting as hell to watch and ill watch any future matchup with him in it.
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
No way are Fury and Price as bad as Mitchell.

Dereck Chisora would murder Mitchell. Fury beat Chisora.

Mitchell is a JOKE.

A FLAT OUT BUM.
Chisora would give him ****ing fits.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #22
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

mayhem will be back. He made a rookie mistake and simply got countered by a huge shot and didn't recover well.
Forza is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #23
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
mayhem will be back. He made a rookie mistake and simply got countered by a huge shot and didn't recover well.
To put simply ... he looked ****ing awful? Where is he honestly going to go from this loss? Anyone that can box and has somewhat of a punch beats him.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #24
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
No he won't be back.

His aura is gone. He's a marked man now.

His biggest problem and one he can't fix is that he has a glass chin. And now everybody is going to be gunning for it right away in every bout.

Mitchell is going back to the obscurity from where he came. He's a nice guy, he should go coach football somewhere.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #25
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
He's not an all round athlete though is he,he's a crude slugger with slow feet,no head movement,poor punch resistance and some power.
Look through the countless threads on here with people making him out to be the next Tyson or Foreman.
No one I have seen who wasn't an obvious troll was putting him in league with Tyson and Foreman. Yes, what poor ability as an athlete to have hit the level he did as a football player and boxer. If only the average detractor of guys like this could be as nonathletic as Mitchell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook89 View Post
absolutely no idea, he comes across as one of the coolest guys you could ever meet but people hate on him regardless. I didnt expect him to do much but he's exciting as hell to watch and ill watch any future matchup with him in it.
Good man.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #26
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No one I have seen who wasn't an obvious troll was putting him in league with Tyson and Foreman. Yes, what poor ability as an athlete to have hit the level he did as a football player and boxer. If only the average detractor of guys like this could be as nonathletic as Mitchell.

Good man.
Mitchell should go coach football somewhere. He's a nice enough guy. But he's done as a boxer. He has a glass chin. And everybody knows it now.

Anyone decent is going to KO him.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #27
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What level has he hit as a boxer? Banks was seen as a huge underdog(not sure why mind,the guy has boxed for years) and ****ing spanked him,he found his level this evening.Fair play to him for giving it a go and the guy has balls and heart for getting up as many time's as he did but he was never really going to make waves at HW.He is a classy guy though no one can say different.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #28
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
Mitchell should go coach football somewhere. He's a nice enough guy. But he's done as a boxer. He has a glass chin. And everybody knows it now.

Anyone decent is going to KO him.
The last two guys he fought before tonight were just decent. They both got bludgeoned. Maybe he is done. Maybe he is not.

Quote:
What level has he hit as a boxer? Banks was seen as a huge underdog(not sure why mind,the guy has boxed for years) and ****ing spanked him,he found his level this evening.Fair play to him for giving it a go and the guy has balls and heart for getting up as many time's as he did but he was never really going to make waves at HW.He is a classy guy though no one can say different.
A North American champion. I know these days you're either shit or a star but coming into the sport as he did and getting a hold of a good regional title is not nothing. I'm sorry, it's not. There are journeymen who work their asses off trying to get just to that level who put everything they've got into it and have amateur pedigree and still don't make it. Seth hopped in from another sport and got there with his grit, determination and power. Why so many "fans" on here seem to take more pleasure in seeing one guy lose than another guy win is beyond me, honestly. Especially one who, as you say, is a class act from everything he's shown, thus far.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah, he's a nice guy and when you listen to him talk, he obviously still loves football and doesn't love boxing.

So he should try to get into coaching. That is a much better idea for him, because he is going nowhere but down as a heavyweight boxer.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #30
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why so many "fans" on here seem to take more pleasure in seeing one guy lose than another guy win is beyond me, honestly. Especially one who, as you say, is a class act from everything he's shown, thus far.
I think the pleasure they take is because Mitchell was an obvious hype job by HBO and Al Haymon.

When you really listen to what Seth says, he obviously is still in love with the game of football. Boxing is just something he thought he could do out of necessity. But it's hard to be great at boxing if you don't really love the sport.

And Mitchell just plainly can't take a hard shot.

Like I said, he's a nice guy and would make a good assistant coach in football. That is where he should go next.
Ulver is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum