Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
If and when GPS moves up and gets destroyed by Silva NOBODY will say, ""TOLD YA SO, I KNEW GSP SUCKED ALL ALONG" because it's clear as day to most people that GPS is not on Silva's level.
Oh, believe me, they will. The vast majority of MMA (fight fans in general) are total idiots. That's why every champ is thought to be ducking the weight class above their own.

If it's so clear that GSP is not on the same level, why is it the most talked about super fight? If it's already a foregone conclusion that GSP will lose, what's the point in making the fight?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #17
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450
Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Oh, believe me, they will. The vast majority of MMA (fight fans in general) are total idiots. That's why every champ is thought to be ducking the weight class above their own.
They aint gonna say shit. I refuse to believe anybody out there is stupid enough to think GPS stands a chance against Silva.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #18
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

and that is GPS at any weight against Silva.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

and as for weight classes, the UFC started off as an open weight class sport. Throughout the history, from the early days in Brazil, to Rickson Gracie's heydays in Japan, to today with Silva...

Great fighters have always moved up weight classes in search of bigger game. GPS would move up too if Silva weren't occupying the class above him.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #20
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
They aint gonna say shit. I refuse to believe anybody out there is stupid enough to think GPS stands a chance against Silva.
Of course they do. Why else would they want the fight? They think that Weidman/Bisping/Contender X doesn't stand a chance, so they are vehemently against that fight, yet they think that GSP doesn't stand a chance, and they are pushing for it?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #21
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Of course they do. Why else would they want the fight? They think that Weidman/Bisping/Contender X doesn't stand a chance, so they are vehemently against that fight, yet they think that GSP doesn't stand a chance, and they are pushing for it?
People are pushing for it because they think GPS might have a puncher's chance or may get lucky. UFC is pushing for it because it's their the name recognition of both fighters will break records
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #22
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As for moving up in weight, I think that fighters only do it to appease the pressure put on them by fans who can't wait to see a dominant fighter lose. People love seeing successful people fail, and if a fighter is dominant in their weight class, the best chance of them failing is if they move up in weight. I say **** the fans and fight where you are comfortable.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #23
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
As for moving up in weight, I think that fighters only do it to appease the pressure put on them by fans who can't wait to see a dominant fighter lose. People love seeing successful people fail, and if a fighter is dominant in their weight class, the best chance of them failing is if they move up in weight. I say **** the fans and fight where you are comfortable.
They move up in weight for the money.

But back in the day, they moved up in weight because they actually had advantages in technique and knowledge that gave them a high percentage of winning.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #24
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
People are pushing for it because they think GPS might have a puncher's chance or may get lucky. UFC is pushing for it because it's their the name recognition of both fighters will break records
Absolutely not. Nobody in the world thinks he has a punchers chance. They think that he is one of the most effective wrestlers in the sport with an amazing top game, and that he may be able to effectively use his typical gameplan against Silva, as he has shown a "weakness" against that style in the past.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #25
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also, I am going to stop talking to you because you have said GPS every single time.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #26
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Either "superfight" is going to happen. I'm about 95% sure of it. Too much money to be made and Dana is not going to let this possibility diminish without making a huge sacrifice to make it happen. There is no greedy promoter fighting over the lion's share with his competitor. These fights are much easier to make than Pac-Mayweather.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Also, I am going to stop talking to you because you have said GPS every single time.
LOL.

thats what my vietnamese co-worker thinks his initials are

Too bad RobFloyd that you're willing to disengage over a petty little detail. What I think it really is, is that you dont know shit about MMA
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #28
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
GPS vs Silva aint gonna happen. GPS will stay in welterweight to duck Silva like the plagues and Silva probably won't drop down to a catchweight.
A career welterweight cannot duck a middleweight champion. Especially not a large middleweight who is pretty much twice his size. GSP would look like a little midget next to Silva.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
and as for weight classes, the UFC started off as an open weight class sport. Throughout the history, from the early days in Brazil, to Rickson Gracie's heydays in Japan, to today with Silva...
That was a hell of a lot easier in the dark ages, when guys were not well-rounded fighters and there wasn't the depth of competition. GSP can fight Anderson if he wants to, but if he doesn't, nobody has the right to say he "ducked" him.

Quote:
Great fighters have always moved up weight classes in search of bigger game.
Yeah it sure hurt Marvin Hagler's legacy that he never moved up from middleweight.

And GSP has significant fights at WW. That 15 pounds is a huge leap, and he has good contenders to fight in his own division. If the fight is to be made then let Anderson come down to a catchweight, if he is even able to.

Quote:
GPS would move up too if Silva weren't occupying the class above him.
Pure speculation. GSP is well suited for welterweight, undersized for MW. Especially against a big middleweight. He doesn't have Anderson's concussive striking power, his style is much more wrestling-oriented and that's not going to translate very well against the ATG striker who is used to fighting guys MUCH bigger than GSP.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
LOL.

thats what my vietnamese co-worker thinks his initials are

Too bad RobFloyd that you're willing to disengage over a petty little detail. What I think it really is, is that you dont know shit about MMA
Yeah, that's probably it.

Henderson Sylvia would wreck GPS. You're right.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #30
JohnJohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

GSP losing to Silva won't be due to a lack of skill; to imply otherwise is pure nonsense. Both fighters are incredibly gifted/skilled but due to Silva have a significant advantage with his size, this fight would be a huge uphill battle for someone like GSP.
JohnJohn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum