Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438
Default Re: It's one loss,still a fan of Mitchell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
You can take the route and say that beating up 24 lower-than-journeyman-fighters demonstrates skill on a level that we would discuss on a boxing forum. I.e. world level. Which is hardly the case

Or the realistic route. It has nothing to do with pessimism, I have just seen him fight numerous times, and he doesn't have what it takes. Slow hands. Poor tecnique. Poor head movement, poor footwork, slow feet, conditioning problems.

I don't know what you expect
Denis Boytsov is in the top ten;Mitchell can be too.

Seth can come back and I expect him too.

But in the meantime we can get behind Banks.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The guy has zero craft. I hope your not holding your breath on a big comeback.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #18
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

1 loss=shot as shit/bum/travis walker 2.0
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 387

JPV this is the first time i agree with you... as much crap as you talk about the klits (likely because they aren't american)... when a fighter loses he can come back stronger. almost everyone loses.
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
Boxed Ears
I love GOAT.
East Side VIP

vCash: 25999

Mitchell has power, knows how to dig to the body, by natural athletic weight is a super heavyweight, and has the right mentality as far as staying in shape, wanting to improve and not giving up. His chin doesn't seem to match up well with his style but I think he's clearly going to be a dangerous guy no matter where his ceiling is. If beating Timur Ibragimovs and Chazz Witherspoons is his ceiling, it's still not that bad a ceiling and it's also a higher one than prospects like Wilder have gotten to so far. What can you say? He hit a good level in football and a good regional level in boxing with some odds against him, in terms of the time he started and even if this is as far as he goes, he's proven a very strong athlete. I like him and hope he bounces back though, and, as I said, I still believe he's dangerous.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #21
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Mitchell can beat some decent fighters. He should be compared to guys like Walker who has done that.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #22
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
You can take the route and say that beating up 24 lower-than-journeyman-fighters demonstrates skill on a level that we would discuss on a boxing forum. I.e. world level. Which is hardly the case

Or the realistic route. It has nothing to do with pessimism, I have just seen him fight numerous times, and he doesn't have what it takes. Slow hands. Poor tecnique. Poor head movement, poor footwork, slow feet, conditioning problems.

I don't know what you expect
He expects Mitchell to not be inconvenienced by a lack of any real skill and win a title
Decker is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Mitchell is garbage, his career is over. He is now Travis Walker 2.0
It's too early to say that. Mitchell can bounce back from this setback, but it takes balls of steel to do so.

Mitchell is one of those guys with below average technique with good physical abilities. His management tell him he can knock out anyone in the world, so Mitchell boxes way too openly considering he has an amateurish defense and reflexes. It's the wrong style for his skill-set.

In order to make it back to the top 5 of the contender list he'll have to drastically reinvent himself. Time will tell.

I really don't like how people piss on boxers when they get knocked out. It's unfair, its immature, instead we should wish Mitchell well rather than laughing about him when he's down on the floor.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #24
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

he is not trained in boxing enough to go very far. He reached in with that right and then was off the target and Banks countered. It was amatuerish mistake which top ranked fighters should not make. I doubt Banks will get a title shot at Vlad because of this win. He does not deserve it. He just beat a guy who was overrated.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #25
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2137

I think in some ways this highlights the problem when trying to develop a guy who does not have time on his side, and an extensive amateur backround.

He has to be brought along and matched with fighters that can teach him something, but at the same time, a loss can set the guy back in a big way. It's a tricky balancing act.
If Mitchell were 22 or 23, then a loss would not be that bad. But 30, with no amateur backround, a lot of hype behind him and the pressures it brings, and fighting only two, maybe three times a year...can anyone see the problem?

I'm still a fan too...but realistically it doesn't bode well for Seth.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #26
edouardleniqueu
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Briggs and Wlad has one KO loss before world titles.
Chill out you bunch of fake ass fans!
Congrats to John Banks though!
John Banks temporarily takes the mantle of American contenders.
this thread needed to be made and I agree 100%
edouardleniqueu is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #27
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038

Mitchell is finished. Put a fork in the chump, he's done.
chico g is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #28
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I doubt Banks will get a title shot at Vlad because of this win. He does not deserve it. He just beat a guy who was overrated.
During the postfight interview Banks himself said he doesn't see himself challenging the K brothers.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #29
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
During the postfight interview Banks himself said he doesn't see himself challenging the K brothers.
he would do better staying working the corner. He will lose easily to those guys.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #30
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
I think in some ways this highlights the problem when trying to develop a guy who does not have time on his side, and an extensive amateur backround.

He has to be brought along and matched with fighters that can teach him something, but at the same time, a loss can set the guy back in a big way. It's a tricky balancing act.
If Mitchell were 22 or 23, then a loss would not be that bad. But 30, with no amateur backround, a lot of hype behind him and the pressures it brings, and fighting only two, maybe three times a year...can anyone see the problem?

I'm still a fan too...but realistically it doesn't bode well for Seth.
Agreed.

The other problem not mentonedis the HBO problem. What are they going to do with the guy? Usually when prospects they push lose before reaching top 10 status puts them in Tshabalalaville. They love him one minute and 2 days later will have nothing to do with him. So no more high profile stuff may be a blessing or it may be a curse. It might take 2 or 3 years to get back to the level he was at just 3 days ago.

His involvement in a team sport is completely different than the distance he has to travel now after a defeat. Lots of physical and mental obsticles in a non-forgiving sport. He could also be dropped by Al Heyman soon & we will have to see how that plays out as well.

But a heavyweight prospect suffering a ko defeat like that is a very very tough place to be at this morning.
zadfrak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum