Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: most fighters at 175 would smash bellew a new arse hole

More evidence that Tony isnt a LHW, he's a CW in a LHW body

He could be much faster, stronger with better power and out put at CW of that there is no doubt, he's a massive lad

Bellew's activity or lack of it is the tell tale sign his body is not performing properly at that weight, im from Liverpool myself and im right behind Tony Bellew, I know as well as most informed fight fans from the city the type of work the man does in the gym, he should be performing better than he does, he's a freakishly fit individual but he's killing himself at the weight
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
BIGMANG

vCash: 500

Is an exciting fighter and gives it his all every time, but he clearly needs to do a lot of work still to compete at the elite level.
BIGMANG is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #18
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Having watched the fight......
The opponent was tough, he went down from a couple of early top of the head shots perhaps with off balance issues. This built up the points for Bellew. Tony was caught with some very decent counter punches, the counter left opened that wicked cut. It was a very very bad cut, the cut's man did a top drawer job on that. The other guy did not have much of an offense. The best way to win a fight with a cut that bad, was to box and stay away, win on points. Bellew did this. It was a decent fight, he picked up a title, but also a bad cut. It may open the door to bigger fights because some of the better fighters may see him as an easier opponent now.
It was Bellews fight to lose, going for a stoppage would have seen him risk more counters. I'm not sure if Tony was tight at the weight, but he did the 12 rounds ok.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #19
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

i don't see anything in him with justifies people claiming he'd take tyson fury apart or he's the ''most technical fighter on these shores'' and these are the things his fans have stated not my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMANG View Post
Is an exciting fighter and gives it his all every time, but he clearly needs to do a lot of work still to compete at the elite level.
You think the mckenzie rematch, miranda fight and last nights fight were exciting fights he throws wide punches and misses with allot of his work. its amateurish some of the stuff he gets away with.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
i don't see anything in him with justifies people claiming he'd take tyson fury apart or he's the ''most technical fighter on these shores'' and these are the things his fans have stated not my words.

You think the mckenzie rematch, miranda fight and last nights fight were exciting fights he throws wide punches and misses with allot of his work. its amateurish some of the stuff he gets away with.
Your'e a midwife, therefore I don't expect any sense from you on the subject of Boxing, Florence..
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #21
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I see Bellew as strong European level along with cleverly

Can't see a way for them to beat the Chad Dawsons of this world though, Dawson isn't amazing but you need a bit more about you than Clev and Bellew have if i'm being honest
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #22
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I see Bellew as strong European level along with cleverly

Can't see a way for them to beat the Chad Dawsons of this world though, Dawson isn't amazing but you need a bit more about you than Clev and Bellew have if i'm being honest
I think he will pick up a world title at some point, I don't think the Chad Dawson route is the way to go, if all he wanted to do is pick up a strap but fair play to him, he's going after the number 1 in the division, the old skool route that deserves praise in itself.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #23
byron87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Did he drop to his knees again after he beat him? Or shout "What whaat" to the crowd.
byron87 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #24
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron87 View Post
Did he drop to his knees again after he beat him? Or shout "What whaat" to the crowd.
Did you watch the fight?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #25
Its me you see
Journeyman

IRONSENSE is the only 1 on esb with a M.D.

(overseeing and planning his daily activities)

Could you imagine coming on esb and seeing your own doctor writing the garbage that comes out of his mouth
Its me you see is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its me you see View Post
IRONSENSE is the only 1 on esb with a M.D.

(overseeing and planning his daily activities)

Could you imagine coming on esb and seeing your own doctor writing the garbage that comes out of his mouth
You are right. i shouldn't be spouting jargon. Its just very irritating that on the brit forum, Bellew has such a big following and people describe him as fan friendly when in at least 3 of his fights he's looked utterly boring. I just don't think he's the fighter people talk him up to be. and when you read things like he's the best technical boxer in the UK, i find statements like this absolutely mind boggling.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #27
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: I Dont think bellews the fighter his fans on ESB talk him up to be

You are right that some people overrate him as is the case with many up and coming british boxers who are largely untested against world class competition. However you first comment before it was edited was complete bollocks. Tony went in there and IMO would have stopped him had it not been for the gash. What did you expect him to do once he got the cut stand toe to toe with Bolonti who as limited as he clearly was is still a puncher? Bellew showed he can change his game plan during a fight when needed and showed maturity and good boxing ability. I agree that he is not yet ready for Dawson but I believe he is constantly improving fighter that has the potential to be a world champ.
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #28
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikecubic View Post
You are right that some people overrate him as is the case with many up and coming british boxers who are largely untested against world class competition. However you first comment before it was edited was complete bollocks. Tony went in there and IMO would have stopped him had it not been for the gash. What did you expect him to do once he got the cut stand toe to toe with Bolonti who as limited as he clearly was is still a puncher? Bellew showed he can change his game plan during a fight when needed and showed maturity and good boxing ability. I agree that he is not yet ready for Dawson but I believe he is constantly improving fighter that has the potential to be a world champ.
For a first ever post, it isn't a bad one mate.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #29
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
For a first ever post, it isn't a bad one mate.
Cheers, I was gonna call him a c*nt and threaten to ko him but thought id go for the more diplomatic route
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Bellew is not outstanding but he's solid and has a reasonable dig on him and a decent jab and is fresh.

That might be all it takes to edge Dawson if Chad has one of his horrid nights. He's nothing special.

Pascal would give Tony a harder night IMO, force him to lead and dive-bomb him in bursts. Think Tony would look poor against him unless he can impose his jab on the fight.

He's a solid fighter just outside the top ten I imagine. Nothing wrong with that at the moment.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum