Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #46
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
GPS is obviously one of the best. But Silva would wreck him. I hope GPS understands this and after his vacation comes back and stays away from Silva
GSP was asked the question immediatley after the toughest fight of his career against a guy who is not Anderson Silva, naturally he's going to have doubt

There was a big question mark over GSP with the layoff, he came back, he won, but he was tested!, he answered the question, but he didnt show much in terms of potential of beating Anderson Silva

If GSP wants to fight Silva, i mean if he has any aspiration what so ever of fighting the guy his next fight should be at MW!, and he should fight a dangerous striker up there

My feeling is that right now GSP wants nothing to do with Silva, and probably wants a good break because that was a ****in tough fight
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #47
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Except for this one:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


And this one:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


So there's two of his title fights, in full, on YouTube.

And here's his pro debut as well.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


So are you a troll, or are you just a moron?

Nice work on the vids mate
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #48
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 290
vCash: 450
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
GSP was asked the question immediatley after the toughest fight of his career against a guy who is not Anderson Silva, naturally he's going to have doubt

There was a big question mark over GSP with the layoff, he came back, he won, but he was tested!, he answered the question, but he didnt show much in terms of potential of beating Anderson Silva

If GSP wants to fight Silva, i mean if he has any aspiration what so ever of fighting the guy his next fight should be at MW!, and he should fight a dangerous striker up there

My feeling is that right now GSP wants nothing to do with Silva, and probably wants a good break because that was a ****in tough fight
GPS has earned his vacation. I like the guy. He's a realist. He keeps it real and true martial artists keep it real and GPS knows the reality is he has no business in the ring with Silva.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #49
WATERBOY
I Worship Steven Tucker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 749
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Superhut you are an annoying nob! Stop trolling!
WATERBOY is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #50
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 290
vCash: 450
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATERBOY View Post
Superhut you are an annoying nob! Stop trolling!
STFU.

You don't belong in my conversation Noob.

None of y'all knows shit about martial arts. but it's ok because this is a boxing forum and I declare myself president of you MMA morons.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #51
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #52
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

I think a lot depends on the catchweight. If Silva loses enough weight I wouldn't rule GSP out at all.

I was really impressed with Condit last night btw. I thought his Jiu Jitsu always looked threatening and was close to an armbar on a few occasions, but GSP was just too good.
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #53
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by s23041983 View Post
I think a lot depends on the catchweight. If Silva loses enough weight I wouldn't rule GSP out at all.

I was really impressed with Condit last night btw. I thought his Jiu Jitsu always looked threatening and was close to an armbar on a few occasions, but GSP was just too good.
Condit showed up to fight. He was game and he never mentally quit. He was trying his best to win in every minute of every round. He hung tough and fought well. But GSP was just too damned good.

And yeah, Silva is getting up to the age where bouncing around weights can turn into a really bad idea pretty quickly.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #54
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Primate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #55
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Condit showed up to fight. He was game and he never mentally quit. He was trying his best to win in every minute of every round. He hung tough and fought well. But GSP was just too damned good.

And yeah, Silva is getting up to the age where bouncing around weights can turn into a really bad idea pretty quickly.

Condit's still relatively young too so he's more than likely gonna get another shot in the future some time. This fight and camp was so good for him!
s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #56
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 75
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
And yeah, Silva is getting up to the age where bouncing around weights can turn into a really bad idea pretty quickly.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

s23041983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #57
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Jones vs Silva makes much more sense than Silva vs GSP. Silva is significantly bigger than GSP and 25 mins is just too long to survive. GSP is muscled out at 170 and still not big enough. His BJJ coach said he tends to cut 25 pounds.

When this fight made sense, it wasn't made.

I feel this fight would only happy because Silva seems dis-interested in fights like Weidmen. Same thing happened a few years ago when he spoke about RJJ but then the division perked up again.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #58
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
When this fight made sense, it wasn't made.
Now Sonnen & Jones are out of commission filming TUF, this fight is much more likely...

The UFC already missed the boat when Silva v GSP was at peak interest, hopefully Anderson sticks around long enough so they dont miss the boat with Jones too. There will always be interest in that fight, but if they made it after Silva's last fight it would have done more to the brand than recruiting Chael to revive the TUF show which jumped the shark years ago
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #59
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Now Sonnen & Jones are out of commission filming TUF, this fight is much more likely...

The UFC already missed the boat when Silva v GSP was at peak interest, hopefully Anderson sticks around long enough so they dont miss the boat with Jones too. There will always be interest in that fight, but if they made it after Silva's last fight it would have done more to the brand than recruiting Chael to revive the TUF show which jumped the shark years ago
I can't watch a GSP interview without feeling he is avoiding Silva. I can't watch a Silva interview without feeling he is avoiding Jones.

Love him or hate him at least Sonnen just says and goes through with it and he isn't even the champion.

Sonnen vs Jones nicely puts Jones out of commission.

Jones vs Silva on TUF would have been HUGE!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #60
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 500
Default Re: GPS, wise choice to duck the question about Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
GSP was asked the question immediatley after the toughest fight of his career against a guy who is not Anderson Silva, naturally he's going to have doubt

There was a big question mark over GSP with the layoff, he came back, he won, but he was tested!, he answered the question, but he didnt show much in terms of potential of beating Anderson Silva

If GSP wants to fight Silva, i mean if he has any aspiration what so ever of fighting the guy his next fight should be at MW!, and he should fight a dangerous striker up there

My feeling is that right now GSP wants nothing to do with Silva, and probably wants a good break because that was a ****in tough fight
Good post.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013