Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #31
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450
Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, that's probably it.

Henderson Sylvia would wreck GPS. You're right.
That's exactly it.

And Henderson Sylvia is leagues above GPS.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #32
JohnJohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Now Anderson Silva says he will fight whoever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
That's exactly it.

And Henderson Sylvia is leagues above GPS.
Then by the same extension Jr. Dos Santos is leagues above Silva.
JohnJohn is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #33
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Sr. Doc Santa is a whole other story.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #34
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

i wouldn't be surprized one little bit if the fight never happens with gsp. silva doesn't sound convincing about it to me, never has.
davidwatts is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #35
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
UFC middleweight champion and icon Anderson Silva was in attendance prior to UFC 154 kicking off to speak with the media about his plans for 2013.
The champion spoke about a lot of possibilities, but mainly he focused on a super fight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.
If St-Pierre is successful against Carlos Condit on Saturday, all signs are pointing towards a super fight between Silva and the welterweight champion in 2013.
The interesting addition to Silva’s talk was his new opinion on a potential match-up with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
In the past, both Silva and Jones have declined the possibility of the fight happening, but now the Brazilian legend says if the UFC wants it, then he’ll do it.
Check out the video interview below with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I`d love to see Anderson wipe out both GSP & Jon Jones back to back.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #36
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Silva has never been the one to call someone out. Yes he's always seemed a bit shy but he'll fight whoever that's not the problem. Think he's making sure he'll get paid lucratively and the fights with the most money are GSP and/or Jones. Great fights too. A signed contract is the only commitment he needs to show.

BTW, back to back with GSP then Jones? Don't think that's possible but will be very fortunate if one of those fights were to happen.
Very fortunate ?.... why ?... this isn`t boxing, the best don`t usually duck the best.

On a side note, I`d much rather Silva-Jones because GSP will get stopped cold by Anderson, nothing we haven`t seen happen to GSP before.... if Silva & Jones fight, you are guaranteed to see a result you have never seen before.

Back to back fights vs both should be the way forward here, if not then let GSP have a grudge match vs Diaz & make the mega fight between Silva & Jones I say.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #37
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Very fortunate ?.... why ?... this isn`t boxing, the best don`t usually duck the best.

On a side note, I`d much rather Silva-Jones because GSP will get stopped cold by Anderson, nothing we haven`t seen happen to GSP before.... if Silva & Jones fight, you are guaranteed to see a result you have never seen before.

Back to back fights vs both should be the way forward here, if not then let GSP have a grudge match vs Diaz & make the mega fight between Silva & Jones I say.
I'd rather see GSP-Hendricks first.

All Diaz has done lately is **** up a signed fight with GSP, lose to the guy GSP just dominated, and get suspended for being a moron.

In the same span of time, Hendricks has knocked out two top-5 guys in one minute combined, and taken a hard-fought decision over a crafty veteran. He's vaulted over Diaz. Diaz needs to get back in line and do something - he hasn't earned an immediate fight vs GSP.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #38
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Georges has enough on his plate with Hendricks and Diaz. Two tough fights. Cant say the same for the fresh contenders at 185 & 205 though.

Anderson v Jones is the way to go
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #39
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Also, I am going to stop talking to you because you have said GPS every single time.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #40
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

All Diaz has done lately is **** up a signed fight with GSP, lose to the guy GSP just dominated, and get suspended for being a moron.

In the same span of time, Hendricks has knocked out two top-5 guys in one minute combined, and taken a hard-fought decision over a crafty veteran. He's vaulted over Diaz. Diaz needs to get back in line and do something - he hasn't earned an immediate fight vs GSP.

I would be fine with that, let GSP & Hendricks go at it & put Diaz in against another top guy, maybe Koschek or somebody, then take things from there.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #41
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Georges has enough on his plate with Hendricks and Diaz. Two tough fights. Cant say the same for the fresh contenders at 185 & 205 though.

Anderson v Jones is the way to go
Agreed
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #42
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

The hard thing about mma is the weight classes are Around 20pounds apart.. I think George is to small and nowhere near skilled enough striking wise to cause silva too much headaches...

Jones v silva is the bout... Silva makes these lil cameos in the light heavy division . 3 times got 3 devastating wins in the UFC alone..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #43
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Spider would be mad if he didn't cash in big time for these two fights. The size of the cake would be huge for either and he's entitled to an extra large helping.
I salivate for those fights. And really Silva said its up to Dana so he would fight either though he never really "confirmed" it.

Quote:
Also, I am going to stop talking to you because you have said GPS every single time.

Indeed. Hut knows nothing about GSP. Would reply to him but I dont wanna risk the high chance of getting dumber. Hope that didn't happen to you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post

I'd say if one were to be made it should be Silva/Jones aswell which Ive said earlier. Both men havent been stopped and both are undefeated and beat top names doing so(Jones still dominated Hamill).

Call me crazy but I'd rather see GSP fight Hendricks then a few months later Jones/Silva with Silva retiring. Hell yeah I would see back to back fights but I dont wanna build up hope for that only to get it poked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

Unless he talks his way unto a title shot
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #44
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

gsp hasnt a hope in hell of beating silva. not a prayer in the world... and silva knows it.
he doesnt have the size to pressure silva on the ground and IF and its a massive if but IF he can find him on the feet so what.. silva could take his bombs all day.
silva has beaten guys better in every facet than gsp. better wrestlers, better strikers and better jiu jitsu guys and they were ALL bigger than gsp.
fight is a complete mismatch and thats no disrespect to gsp at all.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #45
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
If and when GPS moves up and gets destroyed by Silva NOBODY will say, ""TOLD YA SO, I KNEW GSP SUCKED ALL ALONG" because it's clear as day to most people that GPS is not on Silva's level.

But you can bet Silva haters will come up with theories about how Silva cheated by leaning on the cage or some crap like that
Okay, I have to ask...

Who the hell is GPS?

I can only hope this is where you don't come with what you think is a witty name but in reality is just plain stupid.
James23 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum