Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bitchfield - England, UK
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 75
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Good thread.
DeMarco is a feather fisted glass heart disgrace.

To make him out as a sort dangerous opponent is a disgrace.

If Broner wants a real test he needs to step up and fight the Rickster.
timeout is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 2648
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

IF Broner beats him, it's a really good win. Of course he is no where near Duran's standard but still very good.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #18
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

It's a good fight.

Might be Broner's coming out party!
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,466
vCash: 5200
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Good thread.
DeMarco is a feather fisted glass heart disgrace.

To make him out as a sort dangerous opponent is a disgrace.

If Broner wants a real test he needs to step up and fight the Rickster.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #20
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 488
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Its haters like Arcane who makes me want to jump hard on the Broner bandwagon. Insecure racist.
What does this thread have to do with race? And read the rest of my replies in this thread where I clearly say I rate Broner its DeMarco who I don't rate. Also it's hilarious to see a guy who's been banned MULTIPLE times for his racism trying to pull the race card on anyone
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #21
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

It was a good win,but I've seen heavy bags with more movement than DeMarco.

My hesitation to praise the win too highly may have a lot to do with the fact that I went all in on the over and have zero vcash for the first time.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 488
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
It was a good win,but I've seen heavy bags with more movement than DeMarco.

My hesitation to praise the win too highly may have a lot to do with the fact that I went all in on the over and have zero vcash for the first time.
It was an impressive performance, very direct and to the point he knew DeMarco couldn't handle what he was going to bring and he didn't cruise and the guy out of there. The only reason I made the thread was because there were people who actually thought DeMarco was the 2nd coming of Erik Morales and that Broner was going to have some sort of nightmare getting past him.
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

bottomline is Demarco was champ and Broner did beat him easily. Hard to overrate that. He deserves credit, but his head movement is not great and he sometimes gets in exchanges where he can be hit. Khan did that also. Khan is fast and then he gets in exchanges and gets hit..
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #24
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
It was an impressive performance, very direct and to the point he knew DeMarco couldn't handle what he was going to bring and he didn't cruise and the guy out of there. The only reason I made the thread was because there were people who actually thought DeMarco was the 2nd coming of Erik Morales and that Broner was going to have some sort of nightmare getting past him.
No,you have a fair point.I felt that some people were underrating DeMarco whilst others had him down as a bum.I felt he was somewhere inbetween.
It was a good win and he looks very comfortable at the weight,but I was disappointed by Demarco.I'm not saying for a second that Burns beats Broner,but he would bring a completely different set of problems to the plate that DeMarco laid in front of Broner.
As I've said elsewhere,three weeks ago Vasquez was the man according to many,yet now the landscape seems very different.I felt Broner would win and Vasquez wasn't quite as good as many thought,but I did think DeMarco would have put up a better fight.
Does this mean Broner is #1 with Burns #2 now?
Only asking so hope no one gets their knickers in a twist.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #25
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 488
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
No,you have a fair point.I felt that some people were underrating DeMarco whilst others had him down as a bum.I felt he was somewhere inbetween.
It was a good win and he looks very comfortable at the weight,but I was disappointed by Demarco.I'm not saying for a second that Burns beats Broner,but he would bring a completely different set of problems to the plate that DeMarco laid in front of Broner.
As I've said elsewhere,three weeks ago Vasquez was the man according to many,yet now the landscape seems very different.I felt Broner would win and Vasquez wasn't quite as good as many thought,but I did think DeMarco would have put up a better fight.
Does this mean Broner is #1 with Burns #2 now?
Only asking so hope no one gets their knickers in a twist.
I didn't think DeMarco was a bum but I did think he wouldn't be able to cut it with the big boys which proved to be true.

I think Broner has to be #1 in the division now considering the performance over a world champion also the fact 135lb isn't exactly stacked the same way 140 is, also anyone putting Burns above Broner will automatically make them a 'insecure racist' as MrMagic put it so you really can't argue with anything i've said
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I didn't think DeMarco was a bum but I did think he wouldn't be able to cut it with the big boys which proved to be true.

I think Broner has to be #1 in the division now considering the performance over a world champion also the fact 135lb isn't exactly stacked the same way 140 is, also anyone putting Burns above Broner will automatically make them a 'insecure racist' as MrMagic put it so you really can't argue with anything i've said
I really can't see Broner hanging around long at 135 and it's not as if Ricky is a big name that will have GBP licking their lips,whereas 140 is more appealing from a US point of view.

Then we can say Broner's ducking Ricky
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I hope people don't overrate Broner's TKO win over DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
These last few weeks DeMarco has been hyped into some sort of beast that's going to cause Broner all sorts of problems when in reality this is the same guy that got his shit pushed in by Edwin Valero and was getting outboxed by paperfaced Jorge Linares but now out of nowhere there's all this undeserved buzz as if Broner has stepped up his competition level when in fact DeMarco is probably a notch below Ponce De Leon in terms of quality.....Broner TKO within 10 and please no 'Broner vs Duran?' threads on Sunday

He is an ATG already going by the threads haha

Broner is very good but also easy to hit, DeMarco fought a stupid fight and as you say isn't anything special anyway, was overrated himself, not the best guy in the division.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013