Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #61
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Seth Mitchell exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
mayhem will be back. He made a rookie mistake and simply got countered by a huge shot and didn't recover well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
He will be back............. AS Travis Walker 2.0
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #62
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
Ever considered that Fury and Price are just as untested as Mitchell was and that they might end up in a similar position if they ever step it up against a well-drilled guy like Banks?
Would say Fury's already reasonably well tested against Chisora.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #63
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Okay Brits.

Now it is right time for the COLD HARD TRUTH.

Next one going down is David Price, not a single fukin doubt about that.
There is not really excuse for him. He can not help his chin not even his long amateur pedigree.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #64
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
There are journeymen who work their asses off trying to get just to that level who put everything they've got into it and have amateur pedigree and still don't make it. Seth hopped in from another sport and got there with his grit, determination and power. Why so many "fans" on here seem to take more pleasure in seeing one guy lose than another guy win is beyond me, honestly. Especially one who, as you say, is a class act from everything he's shown, thus far.
Because a lot of boxing "fans" are spiteful, childish, and delight in sticking the boot in. Why? I suppose it makes them feel important in such way, or perhaps they don't know any better. Looking at the petty, faction-ridden nature of the sport, I suppose it's only natural that its fanbase would be the same way. Couple that with poor education, low levels of intelligence and knowing that nothing you say online will have any repercussions in the real world, and you end up with the type of online "fans" you have here.

Boxing as a sport is in a big mess, but I sometimes think we get what we are deserving of.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #65
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Okay Brits.

Now it is right time for the COLD HARD TRUTH.

Next one going down is David Price, not a single fukin doubt about that.
There is not really excuse for him. He can not help his chin not even his long amateur pedigree.
He might. He might not. If it happens I'll take it on the chin. Until it does I'll praise and criticise him accordingly.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #66
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
He might. He might not. If it happens I'll take it on the chin. Until it does I'll praise and criticise him accordingly.
Okay fair enough!
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #67
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Next fragile mandible to get exposed?

Deontay Wilder. Like Mitchell, he's just a KO waiting to happen.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
It has nothing to do with being emotional or people being proud of their predictions. It has to do with getting oddly excited every time a prospect hits a roadblock, and then all but declaring it then end of their career.

I'm not from the states and have no emotional attachment to Seth Mitchell. It's just that I see threads like these every time a prospect loses, and I find it irritating. Instead of focusing on Banks' accomplishment, everyone chooses to gloat about how they knew Mitchell was 'never really any good'. The whole mindset of fight fans just bothers me sometimes.
C'mon, you have threads like this when a beltholder/champ losses - even an older one ripe for the taking.
"I always thought that <insert name> was overrated"
Watch the huge threads of delerium if an old Vitali or aging Wlad losses b4 retiring... and Mitchell was an HBO hype job KTFO by a beefed up CW and one of Wlads trainers

That's just the way many fight fans are. However in this case it's expected given the US hype.
Decker is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #69
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Next fragile mandible to get exposed?

Deontay Wilder. Like Mitchell, he's just a KO waiting to happen.

I would add Price and Fury to that list. Both are Glass Jawed frauds.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #70
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
People that think this is a setback for Mitchell, seriously need a dose of reality. The guy just hasn't got it. I know it's hard to accept for most Americans, but he's just another hype job from your country. Wilders the next who's going to get smashed!
Something I would add to your comment is that Mitchell is now dead from a marketing/promotional perspective. His credibility is ruined. Fans will no longer want to watch him on TV. Promoters and TV executives will have no incentive to continue selling Mitchell to the public.

Look for GB to drop Mitchell in the near future. He'll be on clubside after that, assuming he doesn't retire.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #71
TheGOAT
The Champ is Here !
ESB Addict

funny that no1 is giving banks credit...but yea mitchell's chin is unreal. must be something about maryland fighters & poor chins...hasbeen rock comes to mind.
TheGOAT is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #72
Sinew
The Assassin
ESB Addict

Location: NJ; training to be a supreme fighter, clashing bone and sinew

Quote:
The last two guys he fought before tonight were just decent. They both got bludgeoned. Maybe he is done. Maybe he is not.

A North American champion. I know these days you're either shit or a star but coming into the sport as he did and getting a hold of a good regional title is not nothing. I'm sorry, it's not. There are journeymen who work their asses off trying to get just to that level who put everything they've got into it and have amateur pedigree and still don't make it. Seth hopped in from another sport and got there with his grit, determination and power. Why so many "fans" on here seem to take more pleasure in seeing one guy lose than another guy win is beyond me, honestly. Especially one who, as you say, is a class act from everything he's shown, thus far.
they are nerds and need to find ways to make themselves happy
Sinew is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #73
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Im made up for Banks. People can talk about Mitchell being absolutely shit but I don't buy it. He was extremely overhyped but at the end of the day he still had a couple of decent wins over Ibrahimov and 'Spoon, which is a lot more than Wilder has done.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #74
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
A North American champion. I know these days you're either shit or a star but coming into the sport as he did and getting a hold of a good regional title is not nothing. I'm sorry, it's not. There are journeymen who work their asses off trying to get just to that level who put everything they've got into it and have amateur pedigree and still don't make it. Seth hopped in from another sport and got there with his grit, determination and power. Why so many "fans" on here seem to take more pleasure in seeing one guy lose than another guy win is beyond me, honestly. Especially one who, as you say, is a class act from everything he's shown, thus far.
I agree with this.

I don't understand why fans gloat when a guy who is good for boxing gets 'exposed'. Mitchell is an exciting fighter, he has lots of power, he's aggressive and outside of the ring, he seems to be a really nice guy. Why would anyone gloat about him being knocked out? It's not like he's ****y or arrogant, he's just a really decent person. I like him a lot and I hope he bounces back.

As a fan, I was always half expecting a loss like this. Mitchell isn't very refined and he takes shots too easily. However, he's a young guy who is very raw and inexperienced. He'll come back, no doubt about it. Will he ever be the next MIke Tyson? No, he won't be. Will he be the next world champion? Well, how many people said Wlad would still be a world champion after he was destroyed in two rounds himself?

Mitchell is the type of fighter boxing needs more of. I'll continue to support him.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #75
ballznall
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Another "Superior Athlete" that thinks they can step into the ring and beat a Boxer.........nope!
ballznall is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum