Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

How peoples minds change so easily. I swear I was reading Burns was the next best thing in world boxing only last week. It would be much much more competitive than last nights shut out. Burns and DeMarco are a class apart technically.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #32
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Broner would hammer Burns, but there's no shame there. Broner is future P4P top 3 material.

I do hope that Burns fights someone with a pulse soon. He's in a fairly rubbish division and still hasn't really fought anyone. Mitchell is european level at best in a poor division and got hammered by the gatekeeper Katsidis. Burns beat Katsidis who was exactly that - a gatekeeper, but a good win. Paulus Moses - meh.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #33
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Broner is not all that, he beat an opponent that was tailor made for his style, he did well but Burns is a completely different fight, not even similar, and Broner will struggle with a big guy sticking him on the end of a jab imo. there is no way on earth hes future p4p top3 material, not unless he cherry picks and GBP exert their influence on the ring ratings. gamboa would demolish him and burns and probably abril would beat him i think
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Well he would if burns takes the fight (he won't)

Demarco is better than burns and broner is absolutely raping him.

Time to move up again Ricky, the can man is gonna make you his bitch

I agree Broner would win. However, to say Burns "wouldnt take the fight" is just complete and utter ****ing nonsense! You think he is going to turn down a chance to fight on the world stage? to make his biggest pay day ever? to test himself against one of the best aropund? that is what most boxers want to do and would do for nothing.

To suggest he personaly wouldnt take the fight just shows a complete lack of understanding of the mentality of a fighter. Judging by the disrespetfull, football fan type of way you talk about fighters this doesnt surprise me as I doubt youve ever thrown a glove in your life.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #35
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Broner would hammer Burns, but there's no shame there. Broner is future P4P top 3 material.

I do hope that Burns fights someone with a pulse soon. He's in a fairly rubbish division and still hasn't really fought anyone. Mitchell is european level at best in a poor division and got hammered by the gatekeeper Katsidis. Burns beat Katsidis who was exactly that - a gatekeeper, but a good win. Paulus Moses - meh.
In Burns division who would you consider to have a "pulse" if Moses, Mitchell and Katiosdis didnt?
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Broner wins, Takes over in the middle rounds. Very good display last night at all ranges from Adrien.

I'd go for Broner UD. Ricky's tough as old boots.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #37
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Been browsing the forum for a while but have only started posting today mainly because despite there being some excellent, intelligent posters on here who have a real insight into the sport, there are also seems to be a huge amount of proper bad dickheads who make statements like 'Broner will massacre Burns' like there opinion is the be and end all. It is true that Burns' opposition have not been elite level but he has dealt with them very comfortably and his natural assets, coupled with his jab and range boxing would certainly give him a chance against Broner.
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #38
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikecubic View Post
Been browsing the forum for a while but have only started posting today mainly because despite there being some excellent, intelligent posters on here who have a real insight into the sport, there are also seems to be a huge amount of proper bad dickheads who make statements like 'Broner will massacre Burns' like there opinion is the be and end all. It is true that Burns' opposition have not been elite level but he has dealt with them very comfortably and his natural assets, coupled with his jab and range boxing would certainly give him a chance against Broner.
Wish we could swap all the idiots for posters like you....
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
Rabbie1980
Contender
ESB Jr Member

Some of the posts in here writing off Burns and hailing Broner as some sort of boxing messiah are nothing short of laughable!

Folk need to calm down i think.

Aye he beat DeMarco. well, i watched the fight and i am struggling to recall a performance as inept as Demarco's last night.
Broner looked good, but then that wouldn't have been hard against that guy. how the hell was he wbc champ?

The fact is, Burns would be a completely different fight for Broner, and would give him major problems.
i think if Ricky could land flush then Broner would be in trouble. and believe me, he would land flush, then we'd see if broner is what everyone says he is, or if he is just a hype job.

And as for people thinking Burns is going to duck him, don't make me laugh.

<<<<<<<<<< fears nobody.

Burns is gonna get you Broner

Last edited by Rabbie1980; 11-18-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Rabbie1980 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Broner isn't the man at LW until he beats either Abril or Burns. One win against a one dimensional top 5 fighter doesn't mean he is no.1 despite the Haymon/HBO hype train.

Was a brilliant performance against a tailor made opponent nonetheless.
This...

Demarco gave away his reach advantage and played right into Broner's hands, not very clever.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #41
garymcfall
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 944

If Burns doesn't fight Broner next at least he has to fight somebody in the top 5 or 6 in the division standard.

I know the fight is off now but Ricky being scheduled to fight Liam Walsh is an absolute disgrace. I don't even think Billy Nelson could defend that one with a straight face, that was an insult to boxing fans.

Burns is one of the best lightweights in the world so he should be fighting the other best lightweights in the world. I think he'd do a lot better against Broner than Demarco did last night anyway, whether he can beat him is a different story.
garymcfall is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #42
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Broner isn't the man at LW until he beats either Abril or Burns. One win against a one dimensional top 5 fighter doesn't mean he is no.1 despite the Haymon/HBO hype train.

Was a brilliant performance against a tailor made opponent nonetheless.
One dimensional, yeah because i mean Ricky has so much variety
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #43
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Didn't claim he has

And that doesn't change the point that Broner is not No.1 at LW...

The problem for Demarco was that his 'one-dimension', so to speak, was tailor made for Broner. Burns' style is doesn't play into Broner's hands like Antonio's clearly did.

But again it was still a good performance from The Mouthy One.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #44
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post

ricky wont be leaning forward eating uppercuts all night, that was amateurish from de marco. also, ricky does something called "pushing the pace", something broner isn't used to and struggles with. what did de marco do exactly? sit on the inside throwing two body shots a minute eating fifty uppercuts at a time, even that joke steve bunce and the american commentator said theres no excuse to be getting hit with uppercuts likethat

who said de marco was better than burns? gtfo

its funny, I thought the broner hype was bad before this fight, but afterwards when the commentator said broner deserved to be ranked among the elite alongside the likes of sergio martinez, i just had to turn off theTV.
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #45
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Didn't claim he has

And that doesn't change the point that Broner is not No.1 at LW...

The problem for Demarco was that his 'one-dimension', so to speak, was tailor made for Broner. Burns' style is doesn't play into Broner's hands like Antonio's clearly did.

But again it was still a good performance from The Mouthy One.

exactly, good performance against a guy tailor made for him (shocking shocking defence and gameplan from de marco, awful) but now he ranks among the elite, move over martinez...
BlackBrenny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum