Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
SteelShoulders
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Use of the forearm in the Shoulder Roll Defense

Does anyone else think that the left forearm is used somewhat as a 'weapon' in the shoulder roll defense? I've watched countless mayweather fight's and he hide's it pretty well, but Broner's destruction of demarco last night it seemed obvious he was pushing the forearm against demarco's throat.
Thoughts?
SteelShoulders is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 165
Default Re: Use of the forearm in the Shoulder Roll Defense

at one point he straight up hit him in the head with his elbow. I taught a point was going to be deducted.
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It's just Mayweather's tactic, and Boner just mimics what Floyd does. I dont remember JamesT and other shoulder rollerz did those "elbow guard". lemme see...
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
It's just Mayweather's tactic, and Boner just mimics what Floyd does. I dont remember JamesT and other shoulder rollerz did those "elbow guard". lemme see...
For as much shit as he talked and as ghetto he tried to make himself seem, Toney was actually 1 of the cleanest fighters ive seen.

Rarely saw him hit low blows, elbow in throat, rabbit punching etc.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You obviously never seen a Bernard Hopkins fight. Philly Shell has been around since the early 1900s. And fighters never bitched about it before. People here need to quit bitching and except it for what it is. You want a clean one on one sport. Go watch Tennis.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Seems like before this fight, Broner was supposed to be the one looking out for Demarco's elbows!

Deal with it, baby!
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
You obviously never seen a Bernard Hopkins fight. Philly Shell has been around since the early 1900s. And fighters never bitched about it before. People here need to quit bitching and except it for what it is. You want a clean one on one sport. Go watch Tennis.
I reckon you jizz on your pants whenever someone gets punched in the nuts or gets hammered at the back of you head. You want a sport with lots of fouls gtfo and watch some WWE shit

And I never mentioned using elbow to ward off an opponent (unless he purposely strike his elbow in the face while his opponent lunges) was as dirty as a low blow you phag
Old 11-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I reckon you jizz on your pants whenever someone gets punched in the nuts or gets hammered at the back of you head. You want a sport with lots of fouls gtfo and watch some WWE shit
Boxing has always been like that dumbass. You think its always been clean? Its not a clean sport, never has and never will. WWE is fake moron. Boxing is a real fight.

Quote:
And I never mentioned using elbow to ward off an opponent (unless he purposely strike his elbow in the face while his opponent lunges) was as dirty as a low blow you phag
I didn't say that idiot. I said you need to quit your whining and except boxing for what it is. And Fag is spelled like this Fag.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather uses it quite a lot -- he uses his forearm to create space on the inside, push his opponent away slightly, and then sneak in a shot or two. Sometimes he pushes the forearm against their throat. The referee in the first Castillo fight picked up on it and deducted a point from Mayweather, but Mayweather usually hides it well and gets away with it.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
Boxing has always been like that dumbass. You think its always been clean? Its not a clean sport, never has and never will. WWE is fake moron. Boxing is a real fight.

I didn't say that idiot. I said you need to quit your whining and except boxing for what it is. And Fag is spelled like this Fag.
Yeah says the resident dick-tionary brood. this is not an English class so I can say whatever I want phaggitty foo.

Did I mention anything about boxing being clean? Yes, Boxing is not clean and so are the any of the contact sports out there, so quit being a douche and acting like you know every shit in the book.

And WWE is indeed fake SIR. Dont act like you are genius in these boards SIR.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outboxer View Post
Mayweather uses it quite a lot -- he uses his forearm to create space on the inside, push his opponent away slightly, and then sneak in a shot or two. Sometimes he pushes the forearm against their throat. The referee in the first Castillo fight picked up on it and deducted a point from Mayweather, but Mayweather usually hides it well and gets away with it.
Shhhh. Brood doesnt like that comment because boxing is a dirty sport. Dont ever mention that Floyd was deducted a point for excessive use of elbows.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

A lot of boxers try to lean in with their heads to force cuts. The use of the elbow in the shoulder roll has a number of advantages. But one of them is to make the guy coming in recklessly with his head to think twice or it will be them getting the cut.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
A lot of boxers try to lean in with their heads to force cuts. The use of the elbow in the shoulder roll has a number of advantages. But one of them is to make the guy coming in recklessly with his head to think twice or it will be them getting the cut.
Yes.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah says the resident dick-tionary brood. this is not an English class so I can say whatever I want phaggitty foo.

Did I mention anything about boxing being clean? Yes, Boxing is not clean and so are the any of the contact sports out there, so quit being a douche and acting like you know every shit in the book.

And WWE is indeed fake SIR. Dont act like you are genius in these boards SIR.
A five year old can spell fag. Its not that hard

I will once you stop whining like a bitch.

Your the one who brought it up in the first place idiot. And considering you can't spell fag. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that you didn't know wrestling was fake.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
SteelShoulders
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

you faggots with your personal bullshit stay the **** out of my thread please.
I knew broner was going to win last night but it seemed like he was creating a crease with his forearm on the inside to throw those killer uppercuts
SteelShoulders is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum