Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Andrew Golota vs Wladimir Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
A sound minded mentally focused Golota puts Wlad to bed.
Wlad is one dimensional with a very simple formula who has no plan B.
What skills does he have? If he cant catch you with the right hand he's ****ed .He literally has one punch to his game. One of the most overrated HWs in the history of boxing. Any fast agressive fighter will beat him everytime. Hes a joke. Pathetic.
Imagine if RJJ was the perfect 10 dimensional technical fighter, he could have been the lineal smw, lhw, cruiser, and hw. Being universally seen as the GOAT in all 4 divisions.

He wasn't though.

Golota his weak mind would always burden him.
dyna is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Your vcash tells me you keep getting predictions wrong. For that to happen you were obviously unable to analyze boxing to predict the correct outcome. In other words i dont value anything to say to me because you dont have the full picture.
I got drunk and put everything on Paulie to stop khan, sue me.

Whilst you're at it, go back to the gf.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookie View Post
No... actually he lost to Bowe twice. Also, Bowe has had a few fights since his two wins over Golota. Bowe is one of only three Lineal HW Champs who were never stopped... Tunney and Marciano are the others.

Anyway, Klitschko (either brother) by KO over Golota.
He was beating Bowe both times. Golota was highly skilled, talented boxer and in the right state of mind beats Wlad.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
He was beating Bowe both times. Golota was highly skilled, talented boxer and in the right state of mind beats Wlad.
And both times he lost. Wlad was beating Brewster and purrity before losing as well.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
And both times he lost. Wlad was beating Brewster and purrity before losing as well.
Gotota wasn't beaten. He checked out. Big difference.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Gotota wasn't beaten. He checked out. Big difference.
He lost both times despite being ahead. he quit twice. Soon as wlad caught him, as every hard hitting hw did, he'd quit again.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #22
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
He lost both times despite being ahead. he quit twice. Soon as wlad caught him, as every hard hitting hw did, he'd quit again.
He didn't quit because he got hit hard, he quit because he just quit.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
He didn't quit because he got hit hard, he quit because he just quit.
He didn't have what it takes to beat bowe. He twice proved that.

He had the physical gifts but he couldn't put it all together at the top level.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
funny how kiddynamite fled his own stupid thread, gotta love it

i didn't flee

and Golota did beat Bowe twice ... prime Bowe too .. Bowe was never the same after those fights with him ... he wasn't in the best shape for the first Golota fight but the second he was and Golota just beat him like a drum.

Golota was a super heavyweight and knew how to use his size ... also had an excellent jab and out jabbed Bowe ... threw beautiful combinations as well and had a decent chin ... very good counter puncher and decent defensively. Dude is a H2H monster and one of the most talented guys I've ever seen ... the fight with Lewis would've been much different if it wasn't for that lidocaine injection he got.

The difference between Bowe and Wlad is that Bowe could take a sustained amount of punishment and still stay on his feet, Wlad can't. Wlad has never fought an opponent as skilled as Golota who could jab with him.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
i didn't flee

and Golota did beat Bowe twice ... prime Bowe too .. Bowe was never the same after those fights with him ... he wasn't in the best shape for the first Golota fight but the second he was and Golota just beat him like a drum.

Golota was a super heavyweight and knew how to use his size ... also had an excellent jab and out jabbed Bowe ... threw beautiful combinations as well and had a decent chin ... very good counter puncher and decent defensively. Dude is a H2H monster and one of the most talented guys I've ever seen ... the fight with Lewis would've been much different if it wasn't for that lidocaine injection he got.

The difference between Bowe and Wlad is that Bowe could take a sustained amount of punishment and still stay on his feet, Wlad can't. Wlad has never fought an opponent as skilled as Golota who could jab with him.
Im not sure how anyone can think golota beat bowe. It isn't debatable, he quit twice.

Bowe showed great heart and did what he needed to win (fight back).
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
1. Golota lost to Bowe

2. Bowe was not in his prime in 1996. He was slurring his speech and had brain damage, he was washed up.

Quote:
I'm speechless.

Quote:

Name me one good fighter Golota ever beat? Just one.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
1. Golota lost to Bowe

2. Bowe was not in his prime in 1996. He was slurring his speech and had brain damage, he was washed up.
1. Golota destroyed Bowe and effectively retired him, but was DQ'ed in the process. He dominated him both fights, nearly every single round. Even Bowe said that he was winning both times "hands down" before he got DQed.

2. No he wasn't. Bowe was fine at that time ... he was coming of 4 straight wins an a TKO of Holyfield.

Quote:
I'm speechless.
Dude its the truth ... Watch some Golota fights, especially the Bowe fights ... far more skilled than Wladimir who can only throw 3 punches and only has 1 combo.

Quote:
Name me one good fighter Golota ever beat? Just one.
Bowe twice ... was robbed against Byrd and Ruiz ... was beating the hell out of Grant before he quit ... Golota was for real.

Waldo hasn't beaten anyone that special either and is usually criticized for that fact, so why the hate on Golota?

Golota only spazzed out when the fight went into the late rounds ... he'd have Wlad out of there early so no problem.

Last edited by KidDynamite; 11-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #28
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Golota is a stud. With a decent brain and the heart of a champion like Lennox Lewis or Muhammad Ali, he'd be in with a great shot, here. Big, talented, skillful, and aggressive. It'd be a nightmare fight for Wlad.

But, he was weak. He just was. Andrew Golota finds ways to fold in fights.

I can see Wlad disposing of him in the first or second round, after the first big right hand.

If he doesn't, the holding and the clawing(Wlad's trick where he extends his left and pulls down on your head when you try to come under it) would drive Golota, literally, crazy.

Wlad KO 1-4, or by DQ no later then 7. Either his right hands cause Golota to freeze, like Lennox Lewis and Lamon Brewster and Mike Tyson, or his spoiling causes him to go insane.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #29
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Golota had by far a more respectable skill set than Wlad, its undeniable. Good reflexes, great body attack and a very decent inside game.
He beat Byrd, no question about that. Even got a KD that wasn't scored.
Wlad throws one punch in an attempt to win. If that fails he has nothing. Pulling down on Golotas head when he gets close will result in brutal body pain and Wlad panic's worse than Golota under pain.
If Golota can get inside and work its his fight to win.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When he pulls his head down, those shots would be going low, which proves my point.

Hard to get enough leverage to bring the pain when a forearm is on your neck. Trust me.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum