Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #61
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabmac18 View Post
All those posting negative points about Ricky Burns need realise on how much Ricky as came on in recent years, his performance against mitchell was world class on how he dealt with him that cannot be denied however not sure liam walsh is an aproppriate warm up for Broner!!

I think they need to realise that Burns and De Marco fight absolutely nothing alike
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #62
garymcfall
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
To be fair mate he just beat the No1 rated fighter in Kevin Mitchell in his last fight,excuse me if I'm wrong but froth fought Bute then got mack I didnt hear much complaining about that?
Froch has been fighting the best fighters in the world - the absolute elite of his division - every single fight for the last few years. If anybody deserves an easy fight it's Froch.

I'm a fan of Ricky Burns, and the win against Mitchell was great but beating Kevin Mitchell (who hasn't proved he deserves to be anywhere near the top 5 ranked fighters in the division if we're all being honest) doesn't then mean you can justify trying to put him up against somebody of the calibre of Liam Walsh in his very next fight. It's not having a go at Ricky or you Billy, I don't have any doubt that you two want to take on the very best all the time, it's more his promoter that people have the problem with.

There is no reason somebody as good as Burns should not be consistently fighting the best fighters in the world.
garymcfall is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcfall View Post
Froch has been fighting the best fighters in the world - the absolute elite of his division - every single fight for the last few years. If anybody deserves an easy fight it's Froch.

I'm a fan of Ricky Burns, and the win against Mitchell was great but beating Kevin Mitchell (who hasn't proved he deserves to be anywhere near the top 5 ranked fighters in the division if we're all being honest) doesn't then mean you can justify trying to put him up against somebody of the calibre of Liam Walsh in his very next fight. It's not having a go at Ricky or you Billy, I don't have any doubt that you two want to take on the very best all the time, it's more his promoter that people have the problem with.

There is no reason somebody as good as Burns should not be consistently fighting the best fighters in the world.
Agree 100% with this, I believe Ricky has the ability to be successful at elite level, however if he continues to fight good fighters who are European/fringe world class, instead of elite level genuine world class opponents, people will continue to question his ability. Mitchell was a valid opponent at the time IMO but having proved he is a level above him Burns must go on to face better opponents or he will continue to leave himself open to criticism from some.
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #64
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

So what if DeMarco and Burns fight nothing alike...its a point well made but it doesn't automatically mean Burns troubles him because he has a different style. By no means is that the case. Broner has the ability to compensate for a wide range of styles. Particularly if you're not that special. Take a long hard look at that fight, one guy has a huge tool box and the other just has a screwdriver and a few nails. It's not competitive, anybody deluding themselves into thinking it is just because Ricky has a good jab is going to be sorely disappointed as much as it would be nice to see Ricky do it.

Broner has a good jab too, why do we think Burns automatically dominates that battle? Even if Burns does establish a jab whats to say somebody as advanced as Broner doesn't simply time him over the top? What is Burns going to do about his lack of any pop whatsoever when Broner starts riding his punches, picking them off, walking him down and completely dissecting his high guard with the huge punch arsenal he has straight through the middle to the body or round the side? What is Burns going to do about that power disparity when Broner starts doing what he did to his last 2 opponents, has Ricky really got any answers considering he won a competetive fight with a crude slugger like Martinez when under pressure?
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #65
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Haven't watched this yet, judging by the comments Broner seems to have really improved.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #66
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbie1980 View Post
Some of the posts in here writing off Burns and hailing Broner as some sort of boxing messiah are nothing short of laughable!

Folk need to calm down i think.

Aye he beat DeMarco. well, i watched the fight and i am struggling to recall a performance as inept as Demarco's last night.
Broner looked good, but then that wouldn't have been hard against that guy. how the hell was he wbc champ?

The fact is, Burns would be a completely different fight for Broner, and would give him major problems.
i think if Ricky could land flush then Broner would be in trouble. and believe me, he would land flush, then we'd see if broner is what everyone says he is, or if he is just a hype job.

And as for people thinking Burns is going to duck him, don't make me laugh.

<<<<<<<<<< fears nobody.

Burns is gonna get you Broner

spot on!

No way does Broner destroy Burns! i watched the fight and Broner looked good but i still think Burns gives him nightmares. Burns jab and work rate would defo give Broner trouble. Burns toughness is still underrated, no way does comb boy stop him. i dont think anybody stops Burns at lightweight. too tough
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #67
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
So what if DeMarco and Burns fight nothing alike...its a point well made but it doesn't automatically mean Burns troubles him because he has a different style. By no means is that the case. Broner has the ability to compensate for a wide range of styles. Particularly if you're not that special. Take a long hard look at that fight, one guy has a huge tool box and the other just has a screwdriver and a few nails. It's not competitive, anybody deluding themselves into thinking it is just because Ricky has a good jab is going to be sorely disappointed as much as it would be nice to see Ricky do it.

Broner has a good jab too, why do we think Burns automatically dominates that battle? Even if Burns does establish a jab whats to say somebody as advanced as Broner doesn't simply time him over the top? What is Burns going to do about his lack of any pop whatsoever when Broner starts riding his punches, picking them off, walking him down and completely dissecting his high guard with the huge punch arsenal he has straight through the middle to the body or round the side? What is Burns going to do about that power disparity when Broner starts doing what he did to his last 2 opponents, has Ricky really got any answers considering he won a competetive fight with a crude slugger like Martinez when under pressure?
Nice analogy

Turning the "Burns won't fight him like DeMarco" is easy enough.
Broner isn't going to fight Ricky like Martinez, Katsidis or Mitchell!

Sorry but Broner actually has speed, variation, power and a defense!
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
jdempsey85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1032

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A little taster of things to come.Cracking fight
jdempsey85 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #69
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Why won't become to the UK? coz ricky will beat him that's why and he knows it
I would take the fight in the US if it comes to it Billy. Ricky has the ability to do very well against Broner. With the right preparation / game plan, he may well get the W. If he does pull it off, he will become an instant star. That's gotta be worth the risk.
RichC is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Nice analogy

Exactly! and to the people writing off Demarco.

You do know he wasn't suppose to outbox Broner right? He was suppose to pressure and use his size and power to wear him down.

The one thing that fight proved. Was that having a great chin, power, and an agressive style. Ain't gonna work against Broners.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #71
Gero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 470

Quote:
To be fair mate he just beat the No1 rated fighter in Kevin Mitchell in his last fight,excuse me if I'm wrong but froth fought Bute then got mack I didnt hear much complaining about that?
Utterly outrageous to even mention Froch's level of opponent in the same breath as Burns' to be honest.
If Ricky had been fighting guys in the same league as Carl has for the past 3 years then most would have forgiven him for taking the Walsh fight (I know its off now), as it is Burns is quickly becoming a laughing stock.... which is a great shame as I do believe there is talent there.
Gero is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #72
J.BULLA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Well he would if burns takes the fight (he won't)

Demarco is better than burns and broner is absolutely raping him.

Time to move up again Ricky, the can man is gonna make you his bitch
I do not think Burns beats Broner but he would box FAR intelligently than DeMarco

DeMarco let Broner get under his skin, and fell into his traps everytime

I'd fancy Broner to beat Burns on points but Burns would not let himself get beat upas easily as DeMarco did in my opinion
J.BULLA is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #73
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Nice analogy

Ricky has all those assets and Ricky's proved when hit and hurt he responds,Broner hasn't and he'll need to versus ricky.
Broners very good but ricky WILL beat him!!!!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #74
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
I would take the fight in the US if it comes to it Billy. Ricky has the ability to do very well against Broner. With the right preparation / game plan, he may well get the W. If he does pull it off, he will become an instant star. That's gotta be worth the risk.
This is the fight he wants so lets hope it can get made,I know ricky will beat Broner no matter were the fight is
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #75
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ricky has all those assets and Ricky's proved when hit and hurt he responds,Broner hasn't and he'll need to versus ricky.
Broners very good but ricky WILL beat him!!!!
No questioning of Ricky's heart but I think you'll have your hands full getting Ricky prepared for Broner. Good luck and am hoping this fight gets made.
Frank seems to be getting pally with GBP so I think there is a good chance of it happening.
Scotty321 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum