Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Where exactly was he 'banging about what a superstar' before getting beaten by Garcia? I've probably watched next to all the interviews he'd had and I don't recall him saying anything of the sort.

For ****sake Lazarus, I like you but you don't half talk some bollocks when it comes to Khan mate.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #17
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's the infamous "I'm a superstar" line. Khan just comes across an arrogant, deluded arsehole. Or at least he did, hopefully the beatdown Garcia gave him has mellowed him out a bit. Froch can be a bit childish with his digs I agree. But all the digs he's said about Khan are what quite lot of other boxing fans are thinking. He's just coming out and saying it.
He does tend to come out with arrogant comments, but who doesn't? Is it really wrong for him to label himself as such when other's label themselves in such high stature? I guess it's perfectly okay for Broner to label himself the 'best of this era', isn't it? It's always Khan, my man and it won't change.

I've seen so many boxers not recieve criticism for even worse comments about others and themselves. The fact that no one has a thing to say about Brook saying "i'll do Pacquiao" years ago when he was facing absolute nobodies tells me a lot about the general feeling and hatred they have towards a paticular fighter in Amir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Carl can say what he wants he earn't that right by becoming Britains no 1 fighter and proving it, Khan talks likes he's number 1 but in reality is nowhere near.

Khan should be quite, he has nothing to shout about.
Becoming the best boxer in Britain gives you the right to say what you want?

I worry about the order of which you treat particular people then.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
dillinja

vCash:

Quote:
What, he continuously called himself a superstar and after that? Even though I find it funny how some of you bring it up, seeing as so many journalists, pundits and so on seem to label him as such. I guess Carl calling himself a legend after his fights with Abraham and Ward was perfectly fine. (FYI, I have no problem with either Carl or Amir labelling themselves as such, I'm just making the comparison)

Whether that be the case or not, again, it's still a way of insinuating that he should. Not that I would 100% know, because I didn't watch that part of the show.
Why make a comment then when you obviously no nothing about it
Old 11-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post

For ****sake Lazarus, I like you but you don't half talk some bollocks when it comes to Khan mate.
I've got no reason to lie about it. Has he labelled himself as such? Yes. Has he continuously banged on about himself being a superstar? No.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
I've got no reason to lie about it. Has he labelled himself as such? Yes. Has he continuously banged on about himself being a superstar? No.
Lazarus he's a smug ****y arrogant cunt who thinks he's 1000x times better and more popular than he really is.

You are literally the only person in the world who doesn't see this, he's got one of the least likeable personalities in boxing.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lazarus he's a smug ****y arrogant cunt who thinks he's 1000x times better and more popular than he really is.

You are literally the only person in the world who doesn't see this, he's got one of the least likeable personalities in boxing.
I have met him more than twice and he's not that at all. You just listen to what you want to hear and then have something to say when it's something that may be even slightly out of line.

I more than expected 10 people to say I'm talking nonsense when I started with this and it's not going to change. I'm trying to be as open minded as I can and I don't understand where the 'smug ****y arrogant cunt' attitude of his is. I see a lot of ignorance, but what you've said? No, and with no disrespect, but you've always mentioned things when it comes to Amir, so it comes to me with little surprise that you have that opinion of him, so I don't see a lot of significance in what you've said.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #22
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I think Froch is jealous of Khan earning more money than he does.

And Khan is jealous of how much more liked and respected Froch is in England
Quinton_Mob is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
He does tend to come out with arrogant comments, but who doesn't? Is it really wrong for him to label himself as such when other's label themselves in such high stature? I guess it's perfectly okay for Broner to label himself the 'best of this era', isn't it? It's always Khan, my man and it won't change.

I've seen so many boxers not recieve criticism for even worse comments about others and themselves. The fact that no one has a thing to say about Brook saying "i'll do Pacquiao" years ago when he was facing absolute nobodies tells me a lot about the general feeling and hatred they have towards a paticular fighter in Amir.

I worry myself but the point still stands, Froch is the number 1, he can claim it without the fear of being ridiculed, Khan is arrogant enough to still claim it even though, he isn't in Froch's ballpark and never ever will be.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Who cares, Froch doesn't like Khan and you can't blame him really. Khan comes out with some absolute rubbish and thinks he's better than he is. He was given the golden ticket after the Olympics and botched it up by getting destroyed of Precott.

He stayed humbled for about two fights before constantly banging on about how he was in line to take on Mayweather/Pacquaio and the likes without doing anything spectacular. He then losses to Peterson and starts immediately giving it the big one about fighting Mayweather again as soon as he found out about the testosterone tablets that proved to be legit anyway.

Got smashed by Garcia simply for overlooking him. Carl on the otherhand has had to fight and claw his way to the top by fighting just about everyone who is anyone in the division. Khan losses fights he is a heavy favorite in and Froch wins fights he is a heavy undedog in. He's gonna be pissed when Khan keeps letting his mouth go.

Both should just get on with their own stuff though, its not like they could ever cash in on it so whats the point.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
I have met him more than twice and he's not that at all. You just listen to what you want to hear and then have something to say when it's something that may be even slightly out of line.

I more than expected 10 people to say I'm talking nonsense when I started with this and it's not going to change. I'm trying to be as open minded as I can and I don't understand where the 'smug ****y arrogant cunt' attitude of his is. I see a lot of ignorance, but what you've said? No, and with no disrespect, but you've always mentioned things when it comes to Amir, so it comes to me with little surprise that you have that opinion of him, so I don't see a lot of significance in what you've said.
Not at all, You act like I have some vendetta against Khan and I don't, I've said numerous times on here I respect him as a fighter, he's got balls and he comes to fight every time.

But his personality I can't stand, he has such a high opinion of himself it's ridiculous.

And yes of course, he's what 26? a millionaire probably and a former world boxing champion so he does have reason to be proud of his achievments.

But, there are people who have achieved FAR more in life than Khan and are much more humble.

In the words of 2Pac "humble is ***y".
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think they're jealous of each other.

Froch deep down craves the star status that Khan (and others) enjoy.... whereas Khan craves the respect/adulation from the hardcore boxing fans that Froch enjoys on both sides of the pond.

You've only got to look at all the thread on the General from 2007 that are full of Carl's latest statement, with loads of Americans saying he's a bum, then bumping it themselves and saying ''oh shit, got that wrong'', and in every Froch thread there's the ''I didn't used to like him, now he's one of my favourites'' comment.

Khan doesn't help himself by surrounding himself with mongs who don't really have his best interests at heart. In fairness to him he was thrust into the spotlight at a very young age, at a very awkward time for a British Muslim of ****stani origin.

Wouldn't have wished that on anyone. One minute he's winning an Olympic medal smacking around people who were favoured to destroy him, the next he's fronting the media answering questions about suicide bombers.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #27
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
Froch never said kahn should retire, he said if he had two losses like kahn he would retire
this man knows his music....epic picture!!
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #28
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

Quote:

what has Froch said that is a lie though?? Khan spouts all that shit about being "leagues above" fighters when he just isn't.
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Lets sum this up, Both have flaws its undeniable but one fights like a man and the other fights like a 6 year old girl, flappy handed cunt.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I worry myself but the point still stands, Froch is the number 1, he can claim it without the fear of being ridiculed, Khan is arrogant enough to still claim it even though, he isn't in Froch's ballpark and never ever will be.
That's silly.

I agree, he won't, but again, being the best in Britain doesn't mean you can say what you want without criticism. Everyone has an opinion, and it would be silly to say that someone can't speak out just because they're not number one.

To do that would just be down right discriminating a person.

Quote:
Not at all, You act like I have some vendetta against Khan and I don't, I've said numerous times on here I respect him as a fighter, he's got balls and he comes to fight every time.

But his personality I can't stand, he has such a high opinion of himself it's ridiculous.

And yes of course, he's what 26? a millionaire probably and a former world boxing champion so he does have reason to be proud of his achievments.

But, there are people who have achieved FAR more in life than Khan and are much more humble.

In the words of 2Pac "humble is ***y".
Well, I only said that based on what I've seen you say in the past about him.

If everyone was humble, we'd live in a better world, my man. Everyone is different and you seem to understand his POV to an extent, but the side that you see to him... I don't and I'm being honest as I can be with that. If I feel no reason to mask his abilities in the ring which I don't, as seen before (Predicting his losses, assessing his flaws) then I have no reason to do that with his persona.
Lazarus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum