Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Frochs P4P MAN FLURRIES WRECK Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
That doesn't mean he cant have a second bite of the cherry. If Froch continues to win and if he beats Kessler then nobody in the world will be able to write him off as an unworthy challenger to Ward.

Ward-logic, the logic that states that if if a fighter gets dominated in one fight he can never fight that opponent again, is ludicrous. If that was the reality of things then Sugar Ray Robinson would never have rematched Randy Turpin and to this day he'd be considered second best to Turpin. Becuase Robinson got that second chance he redeemed himself and is still above Turpin in pretty much every all time list. Holyfield, similarly, would never have had his rematches with Moorer or Bowe and would never have been considered one of the best Heavyweights of his era. Ali wouldn't have rematched Fraizer. Etc, etc.

Froch can earn a rematch with Ward if he keeps up his winning ways, especially if he beats Kessler.
Please don't mention Ali to support your logic regarding giving out rematches. Why didn't he rematch Foreman then?
The Bane is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Accountant

vCash: 500

Froch has improved a lot...Ward could lose their rematch!
Accountant is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Froch is the same fighter he's always been. Ward just didn't stand right in front of Froch in Froch's range and let Froch throw punches with no head movement.

This is why you can't talk boxing on this site because its just a bunch of fan boys that DKSAB.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Froch is the same fighter he's always been. Ward just didn't stand right in front of Froch in Froch's range and let Froch throw punches with no head movement.

This is why you can't talk boxing on this site because its just a bunch of fan boys that DKSAB.

Ward is just a lot better then Froch in every aspect.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bane View Post
Please don't mention Ali to support your logic regarding giving out rematches. Why didn't he rematch Foreman then?
I dont know. Maybe because Ali was getting old and didn't want the challenge of the younger, stronger Foreman. Maybe Ali didn't want Foreman, maybe he was afraid of him. Who can say? Certainly not me.

But Ali not giving Foreman a rematch doesn't change the fact that Foreman deserved one and never got his shot at redemption, that it wasn't right that Foreman never got that second shot at Ali.

Which backs up my point that arguing that there's "no point" in Ward fighting Froch or Kessler again because of the way his first fights against them went is a nothing argument, a poor excuse, and unsustainable should Froch and Kessler continue to win and earn a rematch.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #21
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
I dont know. Maybe because Ali was getting old and didn't want the challenge of the younger, stronger Foreman. Maybe Ali didn't want Foreman, maybe he was afraid of him. Who can say? Certainly not me.

But Ali not giving Foreman a rematch doesn't change the fact that Foreman deserved one and never got his shot at redemption, that it wasn't right that Foreman never got that second shot at Ali.

Which backs up my point that arguing that there's "no point" in Ward fighting Froch or Kessler again because of the way his first fights against them went is a nothing argument, a poor excuse, and unsustainable should Froch and Kessler continue to win and earn a rematch.
Foreman was clearly beating Ali but gassed out. Do you think he would do the same in the rematch? Certainly not, and Ali knew that and ducked the rematch. Just like Ward won't be giving Froch his rematch as he is likely to be stopping off at the hospital after the fight!
The Bane is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #22
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bane View Post
Foreman was clearly beating Ali but gassed out. Do you think he would do the same in the rematch? Certainly not, and Ali knew that and ducked the rematch. Just like Ward won't be giving Froch his rematch as he is likely to be stopping off at the hospital after the fight!
Ali won nearly every round in his fight with Foreman, What crack are you smoking bro?
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPatterson View Post
What part of "ward won with a broken hand" do you not understand
What part of "Ward is the most boring fighter in the world of the last 60 years" do YOU not understand?

As effective and skillfull as he is, he is boring as ****, awful to watch and nobody really gives a shit about him. It doesn't matter that he outboxed Froch, nobody gives a shit, everybody wants to see Carl Froch and nobody goes out of their way to see Ward because he couldn't attract flies to dogshit because he is absolutely unwatchable.

Carl Froch can excite a full house on either side of the Atlantic, and continues to do so, Ward is left on the sidelines making no money, and with nobody worthwhile to fight but weight drained Light heavyweights from the worst division in years. Ward has nowhere to go. He is irrelevant. Nobody cares when he is fighting next. But Carl Froch is packing houses and putting on shows. So Ward can say what he likes the bottom line is he boring as **** and fans don't give a shit about seeing him.

AND he ducked Dirrell and Bute
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Between the Kessler and Froch fans, this is the first time I think I've seen one fighter thoroughly dominate two fighters, and then be told, less than two years after, that he can't beat either guy.

Utter madness.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Between the Kessler and Froch fans, this is the first time I think I've seen one fighter thoroughly dominate two fighters, and then be told, less than two years after, that he can't beat either guy.

Utter madness.
I dont think I've ever said that Ward can't beat Kessler or Froch now. All I've said was that I dont agree with people saying that rematches between them would be pointless.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
What part of "Ward is the most boring fighter in the world of the last 60 years" do YOU not understand?

As effective and skillfull as he is, he is boring as ****, awful to watch and nobody really gives a shit about him. It doesn't matter that he outboxed Froch, nobody gives a shit, everybody wants to see Carl Froch and nobody goes out of their way to see Ward because he couldn't attract flies to dogshit because he is absolutely unwatchable.

Carl Froch can excite a full house on either side of the Atlantic, and continues to do so, Ward is left on the sidelines making no money, and with nobody worthwhile to fight but weight drained Light heavyweights from the worst division in years. Ward has nowhere to go. He is irrelevant. Nobody cares when he is fighting next. But Carl Froch is packing houses and putting on shows. So Ward can say what he likes the bottom line is he boring as **** and fans don't give a shit about seeing him.

Dirrell is the one that pulled out of their fight. I guess Lewis was ducking Bowe when Bowe threw his title in the trash.

And all Bute had to do was beat a good fighter but instead got destroyed vs Froch proving that he's never earned ir deserved a shot.

The butthurt is strong with this one.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post

What a disgraceful post. What a disgraceful poster.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #28
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
What a disgraceful post. What a disgraceful poster.
Pot-Kettle
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #29
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
Pot-Kettle
If Broner fights Burns ban bet?