Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #31
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think they're jealous of each other.

Froch deep down craves the star status that Khan (and others) enjoy.... whereas Khan craves the respect/adulation from the hardcore boxing fans that Froch enjoys on both sides of the pond.

You've only got to look at all the thread on the General from 2007 that are full of Carl's latest statement, with loads of Americans saying he's a bum, then bumping it themselves and saying ''oh shit, got that wrong'', and in every Froch thread there's the ''I didn't used to like him, now he's one of my favourites'' comment.

Khan doesn't help himself by surrounding himself with mongs who don't really have his best interests at heart. In fairness to him he was thrust into the spotlight at a very young age, at a very awkward time for a British Muslim of ****stani origin.

Wouldn't have wished that on anyone. One minute he's winning an Olympic medal smacking around people who were favoured to destroy him, the next he's fronting the media answering questions about suicide bombers.
I think your 100% bang on right there mate, good post.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Not at all, You act like I have some vendetta against Khan and I don't, I've said numerous times on here I respect him as a fighter, he's got balls and he comes to fight every time.

But his personality I can't stand, he has such a high opinion of himself it's ridiculous.

And yes of course, he's what 26? a millionaire probably and a former world boxing champion so he does have reason to be proud of his achievments.

But, there are people who have achieved FAR more in life than Khan and are much more humble.

In the words of 2Pac "humble is ***y".
You nailed it in one mate. That post was more accurate than the counter punch that Garcia threw which knocked Khan flat on his arse. Khan to this day is still mentioning the possibility of fighting Mayweather and also talking as if this Molina bloke is a tough comeback opponent. That only leads you to believe that he still has his head in the clouds. The best line I've ever read in boxing was when the morning after the Garcia loss, Floyd Mayweather Sr tweeted Amir Khan and said exactly this;

"If anyone knows Amir khan tell him he can join my landscaping team. And cut my grass every Saturday morning. 8am Sharp!"

That had me in tears lol.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #33
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

They are/were, both jealous of each other. Froch was originally jealous of the money & column inches Khan was getting. (undeservedly in his eyes)

And I think Khan (like Calzaghe) is now jealous of the mad respect Froch gets from the boxing industry & hardcore fans.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Khan who started all this slating Froch for losing to Kessler.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #34
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post

If everyone was humble, we'd live in a better world, my man. Everyone is different and you seem to understand his POV to an extent, but the side that you see to him... I don't and I'm being honest as I can be with that. If I feel no reason to mask his abilities in the ring which I don't, as seen before (Predicting his losses, assessing his flaws) then I have no reason to do that with his persona.
Mate it's not like I even hate ****y personalities, I mean I used to be a big Mayweather fan, I like Ronaldo, Usain Bolt is ****y to an extent but the difference is those 3 I mentioned back it up in their respective sports.

Khan does not, he loses to Lamont Peterson and then still talks about fighting Mayweather, he annoys me more than anything.

It says a lot when you can't get PPV in your own country mate.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
what has Froch said that is a lie though?? Khan spouts all that shit about being "leagues above" fighters when he just isn't.
That's not the point.

Firstly, I have no problem with either one of them saying what they've said because they're both individuals who are entitled to an opinion and like I mentioned in my first post in the thread, it's just the way Froch is.

What I dislike here is how everyone steps on Khan's toes when he says the mildest of things, yet others get away with it. And that 'league's above' comment I assume you're referring to when he said that to Brook, right?

Well, after everything he had said to Amir, is it wrong for him to say something like that to Kell? I guess it's all good how he was allowed to say "I'll do Pacquiao"
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #36
dillinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Lazarus can you not read between the lines or see anything in context, Kahn is a big headed prick, he ****s up every time and comes back with a new attitude and seems ok then within another 6 months he is back to being a prick again.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
That's not the point.

Firstly, I have no problem with either one of them saying what they've said because they're both individuals who are entitled to an opinion and like I mentioned in my first post in the thread, it's just the way Froch is.

What I dislike here is how everyone steps on Khan's toes when he says the mildest of things, yet others get away with it. And that 'league's above' comment I assume you're referring to when he said that to Brook, right?

Well, after everything he had said to Amir, is it wrong for him to say something like that to Kell? I guess it's all good how he was allowed to say "I'll do Pacquiao"
Laz any fighter we mention has probably said something stupid at some point or another in their career but the thing is with Khan it's constant, when he was on Twitter it was almost a weekly occurrence discussing his latest arrogant comment.

You seem to think everyone else does it and gets away with it, not the case mate.

If Froch acted like Khan we'd call him a dick too.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #38
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
Lazarus can you not read between the lines or see anything in context, Kahn is a big headed prick, he ****s up every time and comes back with a new attitude and seems ok then within another 6 months he is back to being a prick again.
This is the be all and end all,,,

Khan is a prick by nature, how he still has fans amazes me?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
gungfu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I have met him more than twice and he's not that at all. You just listen to what you want to hear and then have something to say when it's something that may be even slightly out of line.

I more than expected 10 people to say I'm talking nonsense when I started with this and it's not going to change. I'm trying to be as open minded as I can and I don't understand where the 'smug ****y arrogant cunt' attitude of his is. I see a lot of ignorance, but what you've said? No, and with no disrespect, but you've always mentioned things when it comes to Amir, so it comes to me with little surprise that you have that opinion of him, so I don't see a lot of significance in what you've said.

Can you tell me if he really does sound retarded in real life? It comes across that way in interviews and obviously in some of the things he says.

I can never get the image of Lennie from Of Mice and Men out of my head when I hear him speak. Kinda like, "Duurrrh, wellll, I do fink duh hatman was fixxing da fite, Georrrge. Tell me bout da rabbitsss"
gungfu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think they're jealous of each other.

Froch deep down craves the star status that Khan (and others) enjoy.... whereas Khan craves the respect/adulation from the hardcore boxing fans that Froch enjoys on both sides of the pond.

You've only got to look at all the thread on the General from 2007 that are full of Carl's latest statement, with loads of Americans saying he's a bum, then bumping it themselves and saying ''oh shit, got that wrong'', and in every Froch thread there's the ''I didn't used to like him, now he's one of my favourites'' comment.

Khan doesn't help himself by surrounding himself with mongs who don't really have his best interests at heart. In fairness to him he was thrust into the spotlight at a very young age, at a very awkward time for a British Muslim of ****stani origin.

Wouldn't have wished that on anyone. One minute he's winning an Olympic medal smacking around people who were favoured to destroy him, the next he's fronting the media answering questions about suicide bombers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Mate it's not like I even hate ****y personalities, I mean I used to be a big Mayweather fan, I like Ronaldo, Usain Bolt is ****y to an extent but the difference is those 3 I mentioned back it up in their respective sports.

Khan does not, he loses to Lamont Peterson and then still talks about fighting Mayweather, he annoys me more than anything.

It says a lot when you can't get PPV in your own country mate.
I see what you're saying, and I understand where you're coming from, but the side you see with his personality is the only side I'd disagree to, and that's fine, because we're both entitled to an opinion, right?

The PPV thing is a completely different argument, mate. That's just to do with Sky not wanting to do PPV, period.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #41
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Khan reminds me of this poor fella...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
That's not the point.

Firstly, I have no problem with either one of them saying what they've said because they're both individuals who are entitled to an opinion and like I mentioned in my first post in the thread, it's just the way Froch is.

What I dislike here is how everyone steps on Khan's toes when he says the mildest of things, yet others get away with it. And that 'league's above' comment I assume you're referring to when he said that to Brook, right?

Well, after everything he had said to Amir, is it wrong for him to say something like that to Kell? I guess it's all good how he was allowed to say "I'll do Pacquiao"
The reason Khan gets it worse than others mate when he opens his mouth is because he's by the far the worst when it comes delusion. Froch, Brook, Hatton, Haye, they all say stupid things from time to time that makes fans roll their eyes. Khan though is on another level.

The fact he's based himself in America and only fights over there now can't have helped. British fans can't help but feel like "So, what? We're not good enough for you eh? You think you fighting in America is better than fighting in front of us?" Plus no other British fighter to my knowledge has anywhere near whinged and bitched like Khan did after the Peterson loss.

First it was the ref, then the fact it was in Washington, then the man in the hat and then the drugs. Even when all the failed drug-test stuff came out about Peterson, I still think the way Khan behaved did MASSIVE damage to his reputation. Since then many people (including me) have seen him as nothing more than over-rated, big-headed, deluded crybaby who won't take responsibility when he messes up in a fight.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post




I see what you're saying, and I understand where you're coming from, but the side you see with his personality is the only side I'd disagree to, and that's fine, because we're both entitled to an opinion, right?

The PPV thing is a completely different argument, mate. That's just to do with Sky not wanting to do PPV, period.
Yeah fair enough I suppose no ****er is getting PPV with Sky anymore not even Ricky, so I do see your point there.

And yes mate, we're both entitled to an opinion, and I do understand that you are a big Khan fan but you must surely be able to see why he is disliked by a lot of boxing fans?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #44
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungfu View Post
Can you tell me if he really does sound retarded in real life? It comes across that way in interviews and obviously in some of the things he says.

I can never get the image of Lennie from Of Mice and Men out of my head when I hear him speak. Kinda like, "Duurrrh, wellll, I do fink duh hatman was fixxing da fite, Georrrge. Tell me bout da rabbitsss"
I think it's a little worse in real. In interviews, he tries to speak as good as he can, but with his mates, it sounded like a bit of gibberish to me.

You should see Haroon talk. Oh dear.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #45
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
That's not the point.

Firstly, I have no problem with either one of them saying what they've said because they're both individuals who are entitled to an opinion and like I mentioned in my first post in the thread, it's just the way Froch is.

What I dislike here is how everyone steps on Khan's toes when he says the mildest of things, yet others get away with it. And that 'league's above' comment I assume you're referring to when he said that to Brook, right?

Well, after everything he had said to Amir, is it wrong for him to say something like that to Kell? I guess it's all good how he was allowed to say "I'll do Pacquiao"
im with u on the part about people getting on khans back over throwaway comments, its very rare to find a boxer who doesnt hype himself up, and in doing so say something a bit stupid. ive actually defended khan in the past when ppl had a go at him for defending molina as an opponent, whats he supposed to do?? but there comes a time where you've lost two on the bounce, one by ko, and your still calling urself a "superstar" that it just looks ridiculous to be honest, so Froch is fair to bring him up on that. Khan consistently puts his foot in his mouth like no other boxer....actually it might help if he did physically put his foot in his mouth
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013