Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #46
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

I went onto Haroon's twitter a while back.

I don't like him either.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #47
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
The reason Khan gets it worse than others mate when he opens his mouth is because he's by the far the worst when it comes delusion. Froch, Brook, Hatton, Haye, they all say stupid things from time to time that makes fans roll their eyes. Khan though is on another level.

The fact he's based himself in America and only fights over there now can't have helped. British fans can't help but feel like "So, what? We're not good enough for you eh? You think you fighting in America is better than fighting in front of us?" Plus no other British fighter to my knowledge has anywhere near whinged and bitched like Khan did after the Peterson loss.

First it was the ref, then the fact it was in Washington, then the man in the hat and then the drugs. Even when all the failed drug-test stuff came out about Peterson, I still think the way Khan behaved did MASSIVE damage to his reputation. Since then many people (including me) have seen him as nothing more than over-rated, big-headed, deluded crybaby who won't take responsibility when he messes up in a fight.
I see your point, but I feel I could justify a lot of his claims as well because at the end of the day, if he didn't 'cry' about that Peterson hassle, he wouldn't have got the rematch which obviously led to us finding out Peterson used a performance enhancing drug, so there's two perspectives to this, really.

I see it from the angle of what you're saying though. If I looked at all the things he said from one point, I'd think of him as a crybaby, like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Yeah fair enough I suppose no ****er is getting PPV with Sky anymore not even Ricky, so I do see your point there.

And yes mate, we're both entitled to an opinion, and I do understand that you are a big Khan fan but you must surely be able to see why he is disliked by a lot of boxing fans?
I understand why he's disliked because of the comments about Mayweather, saying he'll beat this guy and that guy, coming out with the ignorant comments here and there, but no, I don't understand the mass dislike for him and that's an opinion I've held since I joined.

If I felt differently, I'd openly say it.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
im with u on the part about people getting on khans back over throwaway comments, its very rare to find a boxer who doesnt hype himself up, and in doing so say something a bit stupid. ive actually defended khan in the past when ppl had a go at him for defending molina as an opponent, whats he supposed to do?? but there comes a time where you've lost two on the bounce, one by ko, and your still calling urself a "superstar" that it just looks ridiculous to be honest, so Froch is fair to bring him up on that. Khan consistently puts his foot in his mouth like no other boxer....actually it might help if he did physically put his foot in his mouth
I see your points and I don't disagree. If he was constantly talking about himself being superstar now, which I don't think he has, I'd completely understand, bro.

My food is getting cold. You guys kept me on this, Peace.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #49
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Very very silly argument. Khan and Froch are probably the only two fighters who genuinely deserve respect.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #50
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Personally think he's got a cunt of a persona, but that's just the way he is and it clearly lies with Froch who always seems to starts the little digs.

Smug character really.


And you are looking at this as a totally impartial fan, yes?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
Hamas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

All right far enough froch shluld have a rigjt to be a bit angry at the massive media attention khan gets, but don't slate him when he hasn't said anything, very poor from froch
Hamas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #52
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

the op with a name like "sufijedi" and trying to claim hes not a big khan fan, we can all see through that, at the end of the day i'd like Froch to rise above as Khan does deserve respect for the heart he shows, he is a true fighter, but Froch is more durable and has proven himself to be the best British boxer since Calzaghe at least, so Khan should also show him a bit of respect and not dig at him, i dont see the need they're not rivals
JamieC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #53
sufijedi
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
the op with a name like "sufijedi" and trying to claim hes not a big khan fan, we can all see through that, at the end of the day i'd like Froch to rise above as Khan does deserve respect for the heart he shows, he is a true fighter, but Froch is more durable and has proven himself to be the best British boxer since Calzaghe at least, so Khan should also show him a bit of respect and not dig at him, i dont see the need they're not rivals
well i'm not!! yes i'm a muslim of ****stani origins but that dont mean i have to be a fan of Amir Khan.... thats ignorance on your part

I've never rated him as a top boxer although i wish him luck for the future 'representin an dat'

I don't rate Froch too highly either, although i feel his the best in Britain at the moment which says a lot really of how bad things are...

your last comment was so ridiculous it made me laugh.... its Froch that should not dig at him and show some respect not the other way round... theres no need for active boxers to be dissing their own county fighters especially since their not rivals...
sufijedi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #54
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I've got no reason to lie about it. Has he labelled himself as such? Yes. Has he continuously banged on about himself being a superstar? No.
You're being a bit pedantic here Laz.I think I can safely say I've always been very balanced about Khan and although I don't like the way he conducts himself at times,he's an exciting fighter who I enjoy watching.
But he's brought a lot of this on himself.And I heard him say on Primetime,"I should be a PPV fighter.I'm Britain's main boxing attraction"
Now you could argue that he had a valid point,but that for me constitutes "banging on about being a superstar" You still get people in his camp and people on here like iron_chin(honour your ban) attacking Froch in relation to Khan,but now Froch is the more respected fighter so we can't say that it's unfair on Khan now because when he had some credibility,Froch was fair game.
Like Peter said,you're a good poster but you're barking up the wrong tree here mate.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

He is a very good poster he just lets himself down in defence of Khan time and time again.

Just sayin Laz
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #56
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,788
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

I don't know why David Haye try's to be all matey matey with Carl Froch.

"Carl Froch even had a dig at David Haye awhile back"...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #57
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post



I understand why he's disliked because of the comments about Mayweather, saying he'll beat this guy and that guy, coming out with the ignorant comments here and there, but no, I don't understand the mass dislike for him and that's an opinion I've held since I joined.

If I felt differently, I'd openly say it.
I can explain this quite easily Laz.
When Khan won his medal and turned pro,he was a very humble young man and his conduct in the wake of 7/7 only cemented his position as a fine role model for young athletes,but after the Prescott fight,he changed drastically.
Now you might say he only did what many top boxers do,but to go from where he was,to becoming this arrogant guy who tweeted about his dinners with royalty and various other general "noise ups"
You're not going to maintain the same fan base or standing with the public when you undergo such a radical change,and as he became more successful,he became more arrogant,and when you consider the only real crossover boxing stars are Bruno and Hatton,there was always going to be a backlash.
The whole "Staring down and calling out Bradley" thing is one of the biggest fallacies out there.He only looked until Bradley got near and then his eyes hit the floor like a silly schoolboy.As he tries to call him out there's no eye contact.Add to that the way he kept saying "We called out Morales,Marquez etc" which was another load of poppy****,because making derisory offers to legends which are correctly knocked back and then accusing them of ducking is not the way to win respect.
Boxing would be a poorer place without him but he brings these shitstorms on himself.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #58
dillinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I can explain this quite easily Laz.
When Khan won his medal and turned pro,he was a very humble young man and his conduct in the wake of 7/7 only cemented his position as a fine role model for young athletes,but after the Prescott fight,he changed drastically.
Now you might say he only did what many top boxers do,but to go from where he was,to becoming this arrogant guy who tweeted about his dinners with royalty and various other general "noise ups"
You're not going to maintain the same fan base or standing with the public when you undergo such a radical change,and as he became more successful,he became more arrogant,and when you consider the only real crossover boxing stars are Bruno and Hatton,there was always going to be a backlash.
The whole "Staring down and calling out Bradley" thing is one of the biggest fallacies out there.He only looked until Bradley got near and then his eyes hit the floor like a silly schoolboy.As he tries to call him out there's no eye contact.Add to that the way he kept saying "We called out Morales,Marquez etc" which was another load of poppy****,because making derisory offers to legends which are correctly knocked back and then accusing them of ducking is not the way to win respect.
Boxing would be a poorer place without him but he brings these shitstorms on himself.
Great post
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #59
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I can explain this quite easily Laz.
When Khan won his medal and turned pro,he was a very humble young man and his conduct in the wake of 7/7 only cemented his position as a fine role model for young athletes,but after the Prescott fight,he changed drastically.
Now you might say he only did what many top boxers do,but to go from where he was,to becoming this arrogant guy who tweeted about his dinners with royalty and various other general "noise ups"
You're not going to maintain the same fan base or standing with the public when you undergo such a radical change,and as he became more successful,he became more arrogant,and when you consider the only real crossover boxing stars are Bruno and Hatton,there was always going to be a backlash.
The whole "Staring down and calling out Bradley" thing is one of the biggest fallacies out there.He only looked until Bradley got near and then his eyes hit the floor like a silly schoolboy.As he tries to call him out there's no eye contact.Add to that the way he kept saying "We called out Morales,Marquez etc" which was another load of poppy****,because making derisory offers to legends which are correctly knocked back and then accusing them of ducking is not the way to win respect.
Boxing would be a poorer place without him but he brings these shitstorms on himself.
That's a fantastic post mate, and your completely right.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #60
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch verbally attacks Khan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufijedi View Post
well i'm not!! yes i'm a muslim of ****stani origins but that dont mean i have to be a fan of Amir Khan.... thats ignorance on your part

I've never rated him as a top boxer although i wish him luck for the future 'representin an dat'

I don't rate Froch too highly either, although i feel his the best in Britain at the moment which says a lot really of how bad things are...

your last comment was so ridiculous it made me laugh.... its Froch that should not dig at him and show some respect not the other way round... theres no need for active boxers to be dissing their own county fighters especially since their not rivals...
ill be very surprised if you dont consider yourself a khan fan in reality

why does my last comment make you laugh? how does your point contradict mine? why should froch show more respect than khan froch has done more
JamieC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013