Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #286
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 154 Georges St. Pierre vs Carlos Condit discussion thread w/ spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
What fight were you watching? Condit was getting the better of the ground game. Constant submission attempts and hitting GSP off his back.

So that doesn't count right? An embarrassment if people truly believe that. To say GSP dominated this fight is laughable.
Better of the ground game?
Flexb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #287
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 154 Georges St. Pierre vs Carlos Condit discussion thread w/ spoilers

At least that was a huge improvement over his last 2 performance !

I'll need to rewatch the fight but does anybody think that CC was in danger of being TKOed at any time in the fight ? From what I remember I don't think so...

Still from what I can remember, CC wasn't really successful with his submission attempt. I only remember 1 armbar that was starting too look like something, other then that pretty much GSP passing from guard to half guard and maybe once or twice he manage to go on side control !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #288
dillinja

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
What fight were you watching? Condit was getting the better of the ground game. Constant submission attempts and hitting GSP off his back.

So that doesn't count right? An embarrassment if people truly believe that. To say GSP dominated this fight is laughable.
He got nowhere with his sub attempts and was controlled on the ground by gsp. Do you think cc won at most more than one round?
If not then to me winning 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5 is a domination.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #289
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Condit had a very active guard the entire fight - often landing with strikes off his back but for the most part his submission attempts were ineffective. Most of his strikes were hammerfists from the bottom - not exactly the most devastating strike in one's arsenal. Despite Condit's activity on the ground - GSP still landed the harder, cleaner shots throughout the fight.

All credit to Condit for landing what was the single most resounding shot of the fight which was of course that crazy off balance head kick that gave GSP Matt Serra flashbacks.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #290
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Nick Diaz
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum