Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #76
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,035
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
No questioning of Ricky's heart but I think you'll have your hands full getting Ricky prepared for Broner. Good luck and am hoping this fight gets made.
Frank seems to be getting pally with GBP so I think there is a good chance of it happening.
Broner is the person going to have his hands full,we will train no differently
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #77
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LONDON
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

billy when ricky wins in december could you come into the ring and brush his hair ??
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #78
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
This is the fight he wants so lets hope it can get made,I know ricky will beat Broner no matter were the fight is
Let's hope it get made. Good luck to team Burns if it does !!!
RichC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #79
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremo View Post
In Burns division who would you consider to have a "pulse" if Moses, Mitchell and Katiosdis didnt?
Broner, DeMarco, Abril or Vasquez would do.

Katsidis has been past his best for years and Mitchell is a domestic level fighter who got stopped brutally by a gatekeeper in Katsidis. Moses isn't anything at all.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #80
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbie1980 View Post
Some of the posts in here writing off Burns and hailing Broner as some sort of boxing messiah are nothing short of laughable!

Folk need to calm down i think.

Aye he beat DeMarco. well, i watched the fight and i am struggling to recall a performance as inept as Demarco's last night.
Broner looked good, but then that wouldn't have been hard against that guy. how the hell was he wbc champ?

The fact is, Burns would be a completely different fight for Broner, and would give him major problems.
i think if Ricky could land flush then Broner would be in trouble. and believe me, he would land flush, then we'd see if broner is what everyone says he is, or if he is just a hype job.


And as for people thinking Burns is going to duck him, don't make me laugh.

<<<<<<<<<< fears nobody.


Burns is gonna get you Broner
Do you actually watch boxing, or do you just watch Burns? Judging from your joining date, avatar and post, i'd say the later.

DeMarco hits ALOT harder than Burns and managed to catch Broner a couple of times to no effect.

You haven't seen a performance as 'inept' as DeMarco's? That's not only completely disrespectful to a proven warrior who was in against someone who was leagues above him in terms of skill, it's also complete bollocks. In fact, why don't you check out the performance of Nicky Cook who was injured before he entered the ring against Burns?

DeMarco is a very good fighter who would comfortably be the best fighter your man has fought.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #81
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Do you actually watch boxing, or do you just watch Burns? Judging from your joining date, avatar and post, i'd say the later.

DeMarco hits ALOT harder than Burns and managed to catch Broner a couple of times to no effect.

You haven't seen a performance as 'inept' as DeMarco's? That's not only completely disrespectful to a proven warrior who was in against someone who was leagues above him in terms of skill, it's also complete bollocks. In fact, why don't you check out the performance of Nicky Cook who was injured before he entered the ring against Burns?

DeMarco is a very good fighter who would comfortably be the best fighter your man has fought.
And yet he beat Katsidis... Selective reasoning will always come back to haunt you.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #82
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
And yet he beat Katsidis... Selective reasoning will always come back to haunt you.
Genuinely don't understand your point.

Are you actually trying to suggest that a past it Michael Katsidis is better than a prime Antonio DeMarco?
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #83
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Genuinely don't understand your point.

Are you actually trying to suggest that a past it Michael Katsidis is better than a prime Antonio DeMarco?
Certainly more proven. Katsidis is the better win, I don't how you can say otherwise. DeMarco's best win was over Linares, who was already chinny at a lower weight and was comprehensively winning their fight before the stoppage.

Broner's "best" win is over Ponce, who many felt beat the mouthy yank. And how did Ponce beat him?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Certainly more proven. Katsidis is the better win, I don't how you can say otherwise. DeMarco's best win was over Linares, who was already chinny at a lower weight and was comprehensively winning their fight before the stoppage.

Broner's "best" win is over Ponce, who many felt beat the mouthy yank. And how did Ponce beat him?
Katsidis had lost 2 of his last 3 and then went on to lose to a journeyman in his next fight. Pretty sure he's now retired aswell, having never won a world title. By contrast, DeMarco was the concencus #1 at the weight with wins over Linares and Molina and on the best run of his career.

I think anyone that knows the sport knows that Broner has improved tremendously since the PDL fight, just like Burns has since he lost to domestic level fighters like Alex Arthur and Carl Johannesson.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #85
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Katsidis had lost 2 of his last 3 and then went on to lose to a journeyman in his next fight. Pretty sure he's now retired aswell, having never won a world title. By contrast, DeMarco was the concencus #1 at the weight with wins over Linares and Molina and on the best run of his career.
DeMarco WAS NOT the consensus at the weight, unless you count by default. He beat Linares, who was more of a blown-up super-feather than a genuine LW champion. He also got stopped in his next fight, which casts his quality above FW and SFW into some doubt. He had no more right to be called that than Burns does. Abril has a better claim to that distinction.

And you want to use Molina as an example? His best win was over Hank Lundy and, beyond that, he hadn't managed much else and just lost to Ray Beltran in fact.

Quote:
I think anyone that knows the sport knows that Broner has improved tremendously since the PDL fight, just like Burns has since he lost to domestic level fighters like Alex Arthur and Carl Johannesson.
You made two mistakes there. One, you've suggested that my opinion on Broner is somehow flawed because, to use common parlance, I Don't Know Shit About Boxing. Well, I suggest you look through my posts and reassess that stupid, baseless and arrogant assertion.

But actually, I'd advise you shut up because of reason two. If you think Broner has "improved", then more power to you. I look at it very differently. After the scare on the PDL fight, his brain trust change the sort of guys he was fighting. They're all straight ahead plodders who prefer to use their faces for defence (and is what they had expected with PDL). The one exception to that is Litzau, who's basically a chinless wonder with moderate ability.

Yes, he LOOKS improved, but only because he's fighting guys that don't pose him problems in the same way. Give him an opponent with better movement, a tight defence and who will control pace and range, and I suspect he'll suddenly look a lot less improved.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #86
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 960
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Who do you think wins between Broner/Burns dft?
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #87
sikeside
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

A dont see what the big issue is with fighters loosing against this guy and being shite against that guy, who gives a ****. That goes right out the winda when that bell goes. A was a plastic boxin fan now vergin on obsessed and a thank ricky burns for that. Great sport boxin a hope for rickys sake this fight happens he deserves it
sikeside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #88
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
DeMarco WAS NOT the consensus at the weight, unless you count by default. He beat Linares, who was more of a blown-up super-feather than a genuine LW champion. He also got stopped in his next fight, which casts his quality above FW and SFW into some doubt. He had no more right to be called that than Burns does. Abril has a better claim to that distinction.

And you want to use Molina as an example? His best win was over Hank Lundy and, beyond that, he hadn't managed much else and just lost to Ray Beltran in fact.



You made two mistakes there. One, you've suggested that my opinion on Broner is somehow flawed because, to use common parlance, I Don't Know Shit About Boxing. Well, I suggest you look through my posts and reassess that stupid, baseless and arrogant assertion.

But actually, I'd advise you shut up because of reason two. If you think Broner has "improved", then more power to you. I look at it very differently. After the scare on the PDL fight, his brain trust change the sort of guys he was fighting. They're all straight ahead plodders who prefer to use their faces for defence (and is what they had expected with PDL). The one exception to that is Litzau, who's basically a chinless wonder with moderate ability.

Yes, he LOOKS improved, but only because he's fighting guys that don't pose him problems in the same way. Give him an opponent with better movement, a tight defence and who will control pace and range, and I suspect he'll suddenly look a lot less improved.

DeMarco WAS the concencus #1 at the weight, regardless of what you say. I'm fairly sure he was Ring Magazines #1 at the weight aswell as being WBC champ. Nobody at Lightweight has achieved a great deal so you could say he was the best of a bad bunch, but he was the concencus #1.

I don't doubt that you know a fair amount about boxing. One would have to assume that after 8000+ posts on a boxing forum you'd have know a thing or two, although looking at some of the things i've read from certain people on this site there would be no guarantee of that!

Broner HAS improved. There are quite a few similarities between PDL and DeMarco, although DeMarco is bigger and better in many ways. The fact that he went from arguably losing to PDL (he could easily have lost that fight) to absolutely hammering DeMarco shows this. It's also well documented that he - like Burns - struggled to make 130 and i think he'll get better and better. I think 135 and 140 will suit him very, very well.

DeMarco was a career best opponent for him and he produced a majestic performance, just like Burns vs Martinez, Katsidis and Mitchell. I don't see what's not to like? Make Burns vs Broner happen for the WBC/WBO Lightweight belts and may the best man win.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #89
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Sounds like Broner is up for it!

"Marquez and Manny Pacquiao have a fight. Marquez can still make 135, so we're going to see what happens with that fight, but for the most part we're going to go back to the drawing board with Al Haymon and Golden Boy Promotions. There are more big fights. Ricky Burns is one. He has a great following. He is another world champion, a world class fighter. We can make a big fight in Las Vegas or wherever but we're not going over there [to the UK]. We're in no hurry to jump [to another division]. This isn't Frogger. We're going to take our time crossing the street," Broner told the scene
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #90
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Who do you think wins between Broner/Burns dft?
I'm unsure. It does seem like a 50-50 bout right now. I need to really look at both of them. Certainly I can imagine Broner tagging Ricky with sneaky counters in the first few rounds, but I can see the Scot's jab and movement taking over in the second half.

Like I say, I'll need more time, but I think Ricky has the tools to beat Broner and vice-versa. It'll all come down to execution on the night.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013