Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
ryanmorton
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Thoughts on Bellew after last night. Is he ready for the elite?

I love Bellew, think hes a top lad and a damn good boxer but i dont think he would stand a chance against dawson, would love too see him fight Silakh and beat Clev 'again' before getting a pay day vs Dawson and hangin the gloves up
ryanmorton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Tony Bellew is dead at the weight, needs to move up to CW.

After afew rounds he always seems flat and fatigued, allot of fighters can breath heavy and looked fatigued but still produce good work.

Tony Bellew looks fatigued, and pretty much after 1-2 rounds, he looks like his car battery is completely flat.

I think his power is overrated, but what gets him out of trouble is his size and technical sound boxing skills. Because like i have stated time before, he is weak at the weight.

Tony Bellew has little speed aswell, his friend Carl Froch is in the same boat but..? Carl Froch has more handspeed, and athletically..? has more athleticism, and immense immense stamina and endurance, better power aswell.

Toney Bellew is not a genuine puncher at 175, he looks like he is punching under water after afew rounds.

Toney Bellew for me has bellow par stamina, speed is below par aswell. Buts his size at the weight/toughness and technical sound boxing skills gets him through fights.

I don't think Tony Bellew will be able to cope with any fighter who can take his punches, and put it on him at a high intensity. It was the reason why he lost against Cleverly..? Cleverly could take his power, and if he needed to and he could also fight at a high intensity.

Note: I like Tony Bellew, but he needs to wake up and accept the fact that at 175. He is bellow par physically, the strain that it takes to make the weight is having a deter-mental affect on his performances. He's not Julian Jackson "He's not a big puncher at 175" and at elite level..? He is running the risk of being knocked out badly, or beaten up very badly.

Because i honestly think its going take, a violent knock-out or a abusive beat down. For him and his team to understand, the human body needs certain things to perform to optimum level.

Toney Bellew lives a life of restriction, at 175. The more you train, the more nutrients, and calories you need to recover and regenerate. I just don't think Tony Bellew has his preparation down to a T, whoever is advising him on his nutrition and preparation..? i don't think they have really looked into this.

I don't care who they are, or what qualifications they have got. Its called human physiology, its basic common knowledge to anybody that knows anything about training and nutrition.

I don't see his performances improving at all.

I am not saying that moving up to CW, will solve his problems. But at-least he will be stronger physically, and healthy.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

another master class of boxing from Bellew , ok a few hiccups, but learning more again, and well on his way, he can get a world title and cant wait to see him do it.

a rematch with Clev after that in another 50/50 fight,
Geddy Lee is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

@ PK - My thoughts exactly mate.

Tony looks malnourished. If he went up to CW he'd be levels above what he is doing now.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Lee View Post
another master class of boxing from Bellew , ok a few hiccups, but learning more again, and well on his way, he can get a world title and cant wait to see him do it.

a rematch with Clev after that in another 50/50 fight,
Nathan Cleverly would probably TKO Bellew this time around.

I just don't think Tony Bellew is strong at the weight, and its bound to catch up with him sooner or later.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Looks more decent then I remember him but couldn't take out a guy who only released a left hook, and did nothing else for the most of the fight.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #22
richie bee
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Tony works with Kerry Kayes on nutrition who definitely knows his stuff
richie bee is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #23
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Nathan Cleverly would probably TKO Bellew this time around.

I just don't think Tony Bellew is strong at the weight, and its bound to catch up with him sooner or later.
Cleverly couldn't knock out some man milk if he had ***y calender in front of him and hadn't had shag in 3 months. Cleverly's not a puncher, that Shawn Hawk guy looked to have the endurance of a little boy.

Tony's too tough to be knocked out or stopped by Cleverly. The only way Clev could beat him in a rematch is by doing what he did first time and that's use his engine to throw a lot more punches and the judges eye late on.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie bee View Post
Tony works with Kerry Kayes on nutrition who definitely knows his stuff
He probably does know his stuff, but the fact remains is that Tony Bellew is dead at the weight. And he is dead at the weight because naturally, if he was to eat a good diet, but still train hard..? He would probably be a CW.

All Kerry Kaye's is doing is suffocating his body.

You can take all the supplements you want, and eat all the fancy food you want.

Tony Bellew is dead at the weight.

I know some MMA fighter who was given a diet of Kerry Kayes, it may help you stay at a certain weight..? But for optimal performance, i doubt real athletes would entertain it.

Some MMA fighter was ranting about some water diet.

Only in the sport of boxing, where retards can give advice.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i like Cleverly , i think he is a really good smart boxer and a great person too. Just think anytime they fought him and Bellew would be a 50/50 fight, they are both world class boxers, both got decent power , and both got great chins and heart
Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Cleverly couldn't knock out some man milk if he had ***y calender in front of him and hadn't had shag in 3 months. Cleverly's not a puncher, that Shawn Hawk guy looked to have the endurance of a little boy.

Tony's too tough to be knocked out or stopped by Cleverly. The only way Clev could beat him in a rematch is by doing what he did first time and that's use his engine to throw a lot more punches and the judges eye late on.
Ok ok, I understand you idolise Toney Bellew.

He's dead at the weight, he's not Julian Jackson, his stamina is shit.

Even if Nathan Cleverly cannot punch, the accumulative affect could stopped a dead at the weight Tony Bellew.

I see Nathan Cleverly's performances improving, i don't see Tony Bellew's performances improving.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #27
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ok ok, I understand you idolise Toney Bellew.

He's dead at the weight, he's not Julian Jackson, his stamina is shit.

Even if Nathan Cleverly cannot punch, the accumulative affect could stopped a dead at the weight Tony Bellew.

I see Nathan Cleverly's performances improving, i don't see Tony Bellew's performances improving.
i think Clev has a good dig, maybe not 1 ko power but a really good puncher, and tight punches too
Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #28
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Love how Hearns clan kept repeating this Argie was no 5 with WBC, Box rec had him at 28, a little more reliable.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #29
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Quote:
He probably does know his stuff, but the fact remains is that Tony Bellew is dead at the weight. And he is dead at the weight because naturally, if he was to eat a good diet, but still train hard..? He would probably be a CW.

All Kerry Kaye's is doing is suffocating his body.

You can take all the supplements you want, and eat all the fancy food you want.

Tony Bellew is dead at the weight.

I know some MMA fighter who was given a diet of Kerry Kayes, it may help you stay at a certain weight..? But for optimal performance, i doubt real athletes would entertain it.

Some MMA fighter was ranting about some water diet.

Only in the sport of boxing, where retards can give advice.
Spot on

What doesn't help is that Tony went straight into a camp from his last fight. So he has spent the best part of 20 odd weeks watching his weight.

Kayes? He had Ricky doing BODYBUILDING exercises as part of his training. Terrible idea.

Tony @ CW = A wrecking ball, believe.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #30
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Spot on

What doesn't help is that Tony went straight into a camp from his last fight. So he has spent the best part of 20 odd weeks watching his weight.

Kayes? He had Ricky doing BODYBUILDING exercises as part of his training. Terrible idea.

Tony @ CW = A wrecking ball, believe.
I don't know whether Tony Bellew moving to CW will solve all of his problems. I just don't think he has the ability some people make out he has. He is technically sound, but in every other area he is just average, he is just a solid fighter. He has no great abilities, for example..? David Price has sub atomic power, and is fairly athletic and has decent speed for his share size.

Tony Bellew for me is just a solid CW fighter who has decided to burn the candle on both ends and live a life of being dead at the weight.

I think he will be stronger at CW and healthy, all of this time at 175..? Is just abusing his body.

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 11-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum