Broner 56 73.68%
Burns 20 26.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #31
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner vs Burns ? Yeah or No ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bookmark it, Take a picture I don't give a fuuuck!
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #32
EL CABALLO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

That li'l ****er Broner is the real deal, don't see him losing to anybody anytime soon... That is in his current div and even at 140lbs.......
EL CABALLO is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #33
Cleto-Reyes
The 13th round
ESB Jr Member

a have got to say that i gave ricky no chance with his last 2-3 opponents , so a suppose cant write him off but broner is just a class above him not to meantion the weight difference on fight night would be dangerous for ricky..

broner ko inside 6 imo
Cleto-Reyes is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #34
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm a big Ricky Burns fan but I've never felt confident of him beating Broner.
But last night changed nothing for me.I've hit heavy bags with better movement than DeMarco showed and all I've ever been saying is that Ricky brings a different fight.
Let's bear in mind that Burns has no TV appeal over there and will Broner really need him?
I'd love to see this fight but as it stands,the stars don't look aligned to me.Both have belts.Should one of them take an opponent's purse? Broner will be looking for a lion's share fight after last night and Burns won't go to Vegas for an opponent's purse.
If we're honest here,Broner doesn't need Ricky and it's a fairly shit division as far as HBO names go.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm a big Ricky Burns fan but I've never felt confident of him beating Broner.
But last night changed nothing for me.I've hit heavy bags with better movement than DeMarco showed and all I've ever been saying is that Ricky brings a different fight.
Let's bear in mind that Burns has no TV appeal over there and will Broner really need him?
I'd love to see this fight but as it stands,the stars don't look aligned to me.Both have belts.Should one of them take an opponent's purse? Broner will be looking for a lion's share fight after last night and Burns won't go to Vegas for an opponent's purse.
If we're honest here,Broner doesn't need Ricky and it's a fairly shit division as far as HBO names go.
Makes sense...

If one is trying to rationalize not making the fight!

Look, HBO was already on board for the last fight. Not barely 2 months ago, shortly before or after the Mitchell fight, Burns and his promoter were speaking of wanting to come to Vegas. I'm pretty sure I saw an interview then of him explaining why he backed out of the Broner fight. The only issue was his weight. That is no longer a factor. When he ko'd Mitchell, he was a world beater.

Ah, but those were the good ol' days, for Ricky.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #36
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
Makes sense...

If one is trying to rationalize not making the fight!

Look, HBO was already on board for the last fight. Not barely 2 months ago, shortly before or after the Mitchell fight, Burns and his promoter were speaking of wanting to come to Vegas. I'm pretty sure I saw an interview then of him explaining why he backed out of the Broner fight. The only issue was his weight. That is no longer a factor. When he ko'd Mitchell, he was a world beater.

Ah, but those were the good ol' days, for Ricky.
Not sure what your point is.Are you suggesting I don't want this fight to happen?
I don't have HBO so you'll have to excuse me if I don't know that they're big Ricky Burns fans.
Everyone who likes Burns wants this fight.Saying that it might not happen is only being realistic.Can you see Broner giving Burns parity in his next fight?
You clearly haven't kept up with events or you'd know that the vast majority of Burns' fans are weary of his promoter and his motives.The last thing he wants at this stage is for Ricky to fight Broner over there.

As for the "world beater" comment,I'm pretty sure you already know that I'm not on any bandwagon when it comes to Ricky Burns.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I'm a Ricky Burns fan, and I don't want to see him fight Adrien Broner. He'd get dismantled and eventually stopped
Why? because Demarco stood and brawled with Broner leaving his chin to be feasted upon on the inside? Demarco did everything wrong in that fight. Burns will try and keep his distance using his jab and movement and also change the pace of the fight when needed and certainly wont stand there asking for it!

Dont normally disagree with you mate but one fight aint going to blind me seeing as Ponce already beat Broner
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
I was saving judgement til I saw Broner at LW but now I'd bet the house that Burns wouldn't last 6 rounds, he has nothing to keep Broner off him and Broner realises you can't hurt him he takes it to you. I see him brutalizing Burns but I hope the fight pops off next before Broner moves up to JWW
So your judging based on Broners first fight at LW against a so called champ who acted like a brainless club fighter? Demarco stood in front of Broner with his chin asking for it, he just tried to slug and brawl with Broner up close , that is giving Broner all he could wish for.

Burns would not be so stupid, he`d box at a distance using his reach advantage and movement throwing the jab. And lets not even go into comparing Demarco`s defence compared to Burns cos theres a vast difference.

Boxing fans are like fashion so fickle
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #39
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Would love to see Burns in with one of the big names and right now Broner is one of them, especially after Saturday night, hope it happens.

Broner would be big favourite to most but i'll never back against Burns again, learned my lesson, the better the opponent the better he is.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #40
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
On the grounds that he was recognised as #1.
This is a fallacy. He was actually the ring's number 2 superfeather at the time he fought Burns.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #41
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

broner will beat the shit out of burns point blank. i knew that shit before the demarco fight, he should fight broner or give up the title.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #42
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
broner will beat the shit out of burns point blank. i knew that shit before the demarco fight, he should fight broner or give up the title.
How would that work? A public announcement?
Broner's just said he'd fight Burns but won't go to the UK.Has Burns just to say "I'll fight Broner for buttons and if I'm not lucky enough to get that opportunity,then I'll give up my title"?

Perfectly reasonable to think Broner wins this,but statements like that just sound ridiculous.
Should Broner fight Burns or give up his titles?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
How would that work? A public announcement?
Broner's just said he'd fight Burns but won't go to the UK.Has Burns just to say "I'll fight Broner for buttons and if I'm not lucky enough to get that opportunity,then I'll give up my title"?

Perfectly reasonable to think Broner wins this,but statements like that just sound ridiculous.
Should Broner fight Burns or give up his titles?
Why do you think it would be for "peanuts"?

It would almost certainly be his biggest payday to date. It's not like he's been some kind of cash cow.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #44
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Burns would win,but stranger things have happened.
The biggest obstacle to Burns,is his promoter.Broner won't travel,and no way will ***** let his boy risk losing his belt.
I remeber another British no hoper travelling to the states to be devoured by the p4p no1.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DhrgTrUB4[/ame]
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #45
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
Why do you think it would be for "peanuts"?

It would almost certainly be his biggest payday to date. It's not like he's been some kind of cash cow.
Pimp C said he should fight Broner or give up the title.Again,how does that work?
Has GBP made him an offer?
Has Broner said he won't go to the UK?
If only it was as simple as "they should fight or give up their belts"
What a wonderful world that would be.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum