Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #31
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron87 View Post
Hopkins beats froch even now, kessler too. The guy that was co commentating with jim watt made me laugh when he said whats bute thinking even kessler thinking even Ward he will be a match for him after he battered mack. Hearn should be ashamed of himself for picking mack as an opponent for the cobra.
Kessler vs Froch 1 was a very close fight

And that was a poor performance by Froch and a virtuoso one by Kessler

that fight was Kesslers "Bute fight"

and he just about pulled it out (the scorecards were ludicrous)

Since then Froch has clearly improved, while Kessler looks to have gotten worse.

If the fight is anywhere other than Denmark, Froch will win.

As for hopkins, he's a wildcard, who knows.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #32
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LONDON
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
look what you've done now Jeff.
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #33
BUSTER
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 677
vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Guess we will never know i think calzaghe would have won a narrow points margin on work rate alone ppl see frochs style and underrate him and ppl look at calzaghes best performances and think it would be eaay for him froch would rogh him up and give him hell calzaghe 'lost' against reid and rough fighters like bika and byron mitchel gave him alsorts of trouble
BUSTER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #34
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,448
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Here we go! Ha!

This is going to be a 20 pager.

Wait til Bailey sees this!
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

He lost to Kessler and he would lose to Hopkins. Those 2 are for sure.

Yesterday was probably the best Carl Froch I've seen in years but it was also against the worst opponent I've seen him fight in 4.5 years!!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #36
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Hopkins? Kessler? Your on crack blud.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #37
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Yesterday was probably the best Carl Froch I've seen in years but it was also against the worst opponent I've seen him fight in 4.5 years!!
There's a connection there! Something we're missing! Now if we only damm well SEE IT!
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #38
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

The excitement over Froch's performance against Mack reminds me of Hatton versus Malignaggi. Everyone went on about how Mayweather had changed Hatton, gotten him back to his boxing, and how he'd controlled Malignaggi.

The reason Hatton looked so comprehensive was because Malignaggi had nothing to threaten Ricky with. No power, just a jab and really sloppy defence that relies entirely on his legs.

Ricky always had fast feet, so could close the distance, and his left hook was quicker than Paulie's left jab. So, both of Paulie's tools were gone and Hatton could do as he liked, which gave the impression that he was a changed fighter.

Against Pac though? All gone. He reverted to type because that's what he was. A world-level fighter will look like an elite when placed with a guy levels below him. They SHOULD look elite in those circumstances. But don't let it trick you.

Froch looked good beating an average fighter who hadn't fought at 168 in years, and wasn't anything special there either.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #39
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 1022
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Joe at the same age as Carl is now carried nowhere near the same level of power.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #40
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

the Calzaghe vs Froch proposal is similar to the Jock McAvoy vs Bert Gilroy fiasco of 70 years earlier.

Cal & Froch the best British S-MWs could've, should've met. circa 2005/06, McAvoy vs Gilroy circa 1939/40...

the only difference being "at the time" Gilroy was more ready for world honours then, than Froch was in 05, but Froch of the last couple of years is 'arguably' better than Calzaghe was!!!
thistle1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #41
byron87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North London.
Posts: 352
vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Kessler vs Froch 1 was a very close fight

And that was a poor performance by Froch and a virtuoso one by Kessler

that fight was Kesslers "Bute fight"

and he just about pulled it out (the scorecards were ludicrous)

Since then Froch has clearly improved, while Kessler looks to have gotten worse.

If the fight is anywhere other than Denmark, Froch will win.

As for hopkins, he's a wildcard, who knows.
Do you agree mack should never of been in there with froch mate?
byron87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,448
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Delete.
Loudon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
BUSTER
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 677
vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

People go on about mack shouldnt have been in there with froch theres 2 reasons why ppl say that first is because froch has fought the best for so many years so he gets stick for facing mack reason number 2 is because he dealt with him so easy. calzaghe time after time fought the likes of charles brewer. tocker pudwell. byron mitchell. Evans ashir. manfedo jnr and a load more ppl iv never heard of and wont even try and spell there names. im a fan of calzaghe but hes a typical f w fighter great record full of shit names or good names well past it the kessler win was calzaghes best by far
BUSTER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #44
cassiusbrit
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Agreed. The Kessler Calzaghe beat was not as good as the more experienced Kessler that beat a slow poor start Froch. Froch will stop Kessler in a rematch, the mans breaking all norms getting stronger, more powerful and being a better fighter the older he gets. Its incredible really.
cassiusbrit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #45
dillinja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Carl froch would have been 46-0 vs calzaghes opposition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The excitement over Froch's performance against Mack reminds me of Hatton versus Malignaggi. Everyone went on about how Mayweather had changed Hatton, gotten him back to his boxing, and how he'd controlled Malignaggi.

The reason Hatton looked so comprehensive was because Malignaggi had nothing to threaten Ricky with. No power, just a jab and really sloppy defence that relies entirely on his legs.

Ricky always had fast feet, so could close the distance, and his left hook was quicker than Paulie's left jab. So, both of Paulie's tools were gone and Hatton could do as he liked, which gave the impression that he was a changed fighter.

Against Pac though? All gone. He reverted to type because that's what he was. A world-level fighter will look like an elite when placed with a guy levels below him. They SHOULD look elite in those circumstances. But don't let it trick you.

Froch looked good beating an average fighter who hadn't fought at 168 in years, and wasn't anything special there either.
What about the fight before when he destroyed Bute?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013