Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #706
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571
Lightbulb Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
I've never seen such a quick corner stoppage. hbo had there had in this from the beginning.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #707
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1408
Default Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Quote:
I've never seen such a quick corner stoppage. hbo had there had in this from the beginning.
Quick???? His corner had been talking about stopping it for the past few rounds as he was getting outclassed bad.
boxsensei is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #708
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: HBO WCB: Adrien Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco & Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathan Banks RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
He doesn't abandon it against southpaws. Demarco was willing to stand in front of Broner in the pocket...which helps the shoulder roll a lot because when you are close to a southpaw, they are no longer a southpaw. Floyd was backing Corley,Judah, and Mitchell up with a combination of high guard and lead left lowered...and when Ortiz was coming forward, Mayweather was in the typical shoulder roll stance.
Ever since Corley he usually with use the high guard in walking down a lefty. Hell after Judah caught him and put him down he left the shoulder roll too. He used the shoulder outside with Ortiz, but on the inside he had his high guard, which is why Ortiz hit him right on the chin when he did his flying headbutt.

It is just my opniion, but I think he is better on the inside with lefties with his shoulder roll than Floyd was. I think he is a more dedicated body puncher too, two different styles from the same base though.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #709
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Excuse me while I pantomime a response to this:

conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #710
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Ever since Corley he usually with use the high guard in walking down a lefty. Hell after Judah caught him and put him down he left the shoulder roll too. He used the shoulder outside with Ortiz, but on the inside he had his high guard, which is why Ortiz hit him right on the chin when he did his flying headbutt.

It is just my opniion, but I think he is better on the inside with lefties with his shoulder roll than Floyd was. I think he is a more dedicated body puncher too, two different styles from the same base though.
You can't use the shoulder roll when walking down fighters, especially southpaws because with the weight on the front foot, it's difficult to avoid punches(which is why Broner eats so many straight punches) Floyd uses it from midrange and in. Broner uses it at every range which is ok except he lacks the upper body movement and balance to be efficient with it.

On the inside, there is no such thing as lefty/righty. The angles are all but gone and the punches come from similar angles. That's why southpaws need space. So the left hand comes from an angle unusual to conventional fighters.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #711
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
You can't use the shoulder roll when walking down fighters, especially southpaws because with the weight on the front foot, it's difficult to avoid punches(which is why Broner eats so many straight punches) Floyd uses it from midrange and in. Broner uses it at every range which is ok except he lacks the upper body movement and balance to be efficient with it.

On the inside, there is no such thing as lefty/righty. The angles are all but gone and the punches come from similar angles. That's why southpaws need space. So the left hand comes from an angle unusual to conventional fighters.
You can most definitely use the roll walking fighters down, as for especially against southpaws, yes it is difficult, extremely difficult to do that against southpaws, but after eating one left from DeMarco Broner instantly neutralized it out of the roll and continued to walk DeMarco down, which is pretty impressive, the skill and reflexes required to do that.

As for saying Broner isn't efficient with his shoulder roll and that he lacks balance and movement, that is ridiculous on its face and we've seen in the last 3 fights with the trouble people actually have hitting him while he is standing in the pocket that it is simply incorrect.

There are most definitely angles on the inside, you look at elite in-fighters and they are working them constantly, like Ward, B-Hop, old tapes of Frazier, and old types of young Tyson, you can see Duran and JCC Sr. using angles on the inside as well.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #712
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He made me a fan after last nite. He aint floyd copy cat. He usesTHAT style but he does not react to situation in the same maner. He copies him more outside the ring than inside. Boy got skill. Guys think the few flush straight he got hit clean with tested his chin? I think not.
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #713
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks9314 View Post
only negative thing i'll say is that broner is a bit flat footed. he doesn't have the ability to dance around the ring like his idol did in his prime.
I disagree about not having the ability. This "flat footedness" is because he sits on his punches more than Floyd did at that stage of his career.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #714
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerant View Post
He made me a fan after last nite. He aint floyd copy cat. He usesTHAT style but he does not react to situation in the same maner. He copies him more outside the ring than inside. Boy got skill. Guys think the few flush straight he got hit clean with tested his chin? I think not.
Exactly. Don't let the flash and the speed fool you - Broner is a strong kid that likes to f'n fight.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #715
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by errsta View Post
I disagree about not having the ability. This "flat footedness" is because he sits on his punches more than Floyd did at that stage of his career.
Broner has never been a mover. I think its safe to say that he isn't one. He's a flat footed boxer puncher. Very similar to current Floyd, just less fluid and skilled.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #716
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Broner can move he just doesn't want to, like said before, he wants to set his feet and bang.

I think Broner is better offensively on the inside compared to modern Floyd.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #717
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

For his age, Broner is a dynamo. But let's not get carried away. DeMarco is no Chico Corrales and we remember the decapitating power Chico had. Broner passed his first legit test with flying colors he is on the right path.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #718
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

I'm more impressed at how he did it, he performed better on Demarco than Valero did against a worse version.

He is improving defensively as well, the surprising part is he hasn't even hit his physical prime yet.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #719
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
I'm more impressed at how he did it, he performed better on Demarco than Valero did against a worse version.

He is improving defensively as well, the surprising part is he hasn't even hit his physical prime yet.
Yup..it's not just that he won, but HOW he won. He took far more risk than he had to and still won every round convincingly. This kid is the future...and the future is NOW.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #720
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

Jones Jr. Knew the outcome of the Seth Mitchell fight from the get go... lol
(Both Jones & Merchant tried their best to be company men)
Hatesrats is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum