BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner is going to massacre burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Broner...small? Now I've heard it all.

The guy was one of the biggest super feathers I've EVER seen. He was gigantic, I have absolutely no idea how he did it, its a minor miracle the way he's built.

At lightweight he's still huge.

Ricky Burns knows what it's like to fight a powerfully built, stronger, heavier fighter for 12 rounds, and can do it both outisde and inside, he's had to, he's a boxer, but don't kid yourself and say he cant punch.

Burns will go, and go, and go, and go.

not Lean in, get hit, get hit, get hit, get hit ,stand there, get hit some more,ala De Marco

and he knows how to manipulate the arms and the angles inside
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #122
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

his arms are pretty short but his movement when close to his opponent is on point!
I give Burns a huge chance IMO.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #123
Jamie2011

vCash: 500

Im a massive Ricky Burns fan and hes a great guy but they will not be put them in the ring together. Broner will destroy him. Broner is a class act and is massive for the weight. Ricky will move up again I think and more than likely fight against someone like Malinaggi for a world title.
Jamie2011 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #124
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Burns best chance to win from outside, moment Broner gets inside Ricky just puts the earmuffs on and Broner bangs to body Ricky's in for a world of hurt. Both are good punchers to the body BTW but Broner would rip Ricky a new one in the pocket.

Burns needs to get them feet moving like strictly come dancing and plan to do hit and run job because the moment those feet get stuck in the mud he's in serious ish.

Broner's not the lightest on feet, little sloppy with his balance but he's got the half step out which will trouble Burns who tends to reach at times and may get caught with sharp counters with right hand,left hook and right uppercut.

Burns needs to throw straight punches in bunches. But how long can he stay on the run for because even against Moses and Katsidis he started to slow and stand ground more. Ricky fights tall, Demarco did last night and paid the price even at range. I don't see the Demarco fight like some on here. I never felt Antonio ever looked comfortable or as ''in'' the fight as some do. He was competitive without being really effective..

For me Broner wins, Burns puts up a better effort then Demarco but don't be shocked if Broner gets Burns to play to his tune in there. Broner UD or late stoppage but i favor the UD cos Ricky is tough, real tough.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #125
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
his strength is one of his strengths, thats an overlooked quality, look no further than Scott Harrison or Ricky Burns(at lightweight) as examples
Definitely. Scottys shoulders were broad as hell at feather, Broner looks built like a tank even at lightweight, a proper little freak of nature!

I still think Rickys height & reach, spearing jab & slashing hooks have the potential to give Broner fits, no matter how talented he is. You fight Broners fight? Its starting to look like if you mix it up with him he will crush you. Awesome workrate once a fighter stands in front of him great speed, & great accuracy.

Ricky wont fall into his trap though, hes already shown that against Martinez after tasting the canvas early & thats why Im quietly confident the Rickster can do a number on him. Soften him up, then move in for the kill late. Like what was supposed to happen with Mitchell, until Ricky closed the show early once the softening up job was done way ahead of schedule.

Just my opinion though, I have no doubt people wil see Broner win easily, this fight HAS to happen!

Make it so fisheyes, make it so!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #126
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Broner is not that active when you keep him at range, again Burns jab and movement around the ring would be the key.

Also Burns needs to get a good start and rack up a few rounds, something Broner not really used too.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #127
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Burns best chance to win from outside, moment Broner gets inside Ricky just puts the earmuffs on and Broner bangs to body Ricky's in for a world of hurt. Both are good punchers to the body BTW but Broner would rip Ricky a new one in the pocket.

Burns needs to get them feet moving like strictly come dancing and plan to do hit and run job because the moment those feet get stuck in the mud he's in serious ish.

Broner's not the lightest on feet, little sloppy with his balance but he's got the half step out which will trouble Burns who tends to reach at times and may get caught with sharp counters with right hand,left hook and right uppercut.

Burns needs to throw straight punches in bunches. But how long can he stay on the run for because even against Moses and Katsidis he started to slow and stand ground more. Ricky fights tall, Demarco did last night and paid the price even at range. I don't see the Demarco fight like some on here. I never felt Antonio ever looked comfortable or as ''in'' the fight as some do. He was competitive without being really effective..

For me Broner wins, Burns puts up a better effort then Demarco but don't be shocked if Broner gets Burns to play to his tune in there. Broner UD or late stoppage but i favor the UD cos Ricky is tough, real tough.
ricky moves in with his feet when he has to, broner plants his feet and moves backwards laterally to defend. bad move vs burns

De Marco didn't fight tall at all, he fought Broners figbt, leaned in, ate the uppercuts.. in fact, the article on the front page says a lot

"Unfortunately for DeMarco, he fought a courageous but stupid fight. He gave up his height and reach advantage. He failed to establish his jab and punch in combinations. It wasn’t that Broner took it away, he simply gave it away. More over, when he moved (which wasn’t often), he moved to his left into Broner’s power. Most of the time he failed to establish any kind of range or distance beneficial to him."
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #128
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You guys are crazy.

This is an easy fight for Broner, EASY
Dai is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #129
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
You guys are crazy.

Call Burns "The Problem Solver!"

come on, we need better prospects than Mr. BORER! lol see what i did there
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #130
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
You guys are crazy.

Another addition to ESB Brit Forum's roster of retards.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #131
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty321 View Post
Sounds like Broner is up for it!

"Marquez and Manny Pacquiao have a fight. Marquez can still make 135, so we're going to see what happens with that fight, but for the most part we're going to go back to the drawing board with Al Haymon and Golden Boy Promotions. There are more big fights. Ricky Burns is one. He has a great following. He is another world champion, a world class fighter. We can make a big fight in Las Vegas or wherever but we're not going over there [to the UK]. We're in no hurry to jump [to another division]. This isn't Frogger. We're going to take our time crossing the street," Broner told the scene
Not that "up for it" if he is dictating the venue.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #132
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Another addition to ESB Brit Forum's roster of retards.
Just what the forum needs after last week.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #133
BUSTER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Burns has a very very small chance i cant believe so many ppl think hed win i personaly dislike broner but has a boxer hes on a different level to burns hes class and is only going to improve
BUSTER is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #134
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Just what the forum needs after last week.
what happened last week?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #135
Let's Boogie!
"Smooth Operator"
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1607

The forum was shut down
Let's Boogie! is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum