Gamboa 16 59.26%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #16
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner Vs. Gamboa 135/140lbs

Gamboa is a different animal.Whether I like broner or not I give him credit for win not full cause he was 150+ at 130 & now is able to add 5lbs but some.Demarco is a solid boxer i don't know why he didn't try to move around establish his jab with reach advantage & throw combos.Demarco was #1 but gamboa is better than demarco, respect both. Gamboa is not going to keep his head still or walk right into broner punches he'll make it his fight.That said it's 50-50 or 55-45 for either guy. I bet gamboa will be the slight underdog I like my chances.If anybody can beat broner from 135lb & under it's gamboa,burns has a chance but i don't think he's better or even as good as demarco.Vasquez is just a waist of time & just a paper belt.Try to unify with burns,Gamboa win/lose then move up.140lb-154lb is stacked.
Box702 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I think Gamboa's too versatile and explosive for Broner. I mean Broner's solidly well-rounded, but seems stuck in the mud at times and vulnerable to straight punches when he leans back in his guard. Gamboa's foot and hand speed would allow him to get in and out constantly, mixing combos to the head and body while exiting through the side door. He'd only have one or two punches to slip or weave under before getting out of range again and restarting his offense.

If he gets careless or comes in ****y, he can get timed and even stopped down the road, given Broner's power. But the best Gamboa, consistent and varied in his offense while responsible defensively, would prove to be too much for Broner. He can counter and lead better than Adrien can. I look forward to seeing how he looks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKUZbxSYMM[/ame]
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Broner will be to big and strong for him. He is huge at 135. He will KO him and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it look easy. He will find true challenges at 140 in fighters liker Rios, Matthysse and Crispy
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

Gamboa would get knocked out cold. Gamboa has never fought someone that can match his speed and he's been floored by lesser fighters. on top of that he's smaller. i don't know why people keep bringing up this fight for Broner. almost a mismatch.
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #20
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I think Gamboa's too versatile and explosive for Broner. I mean Broner's solidly well-rounded, but seems stuck in the mud at times and vulnerable to straight punches when he leans back in his guard. Gamboa's foot and hand speed would allow him to get in and out constantly, mixing combos to the head and body while exiting through the side door. He'd only have one or two punches to slip or weave under before getting out of range again and restarting his offense.

If he gets careless or comes in ****y, he can get timed and even stopped down the road, given Broner's power. But the best Gamboa, consistent and varied in his offense while responsible defensively, would prove to be too much for Broner. He can counter and lead better than Adrien can. I look forward to seeing how he looks.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
keep this in mind. all it takes is couple of solid shots to the chin and Gamboa is finished. Broner will touch him eventually. no way this lasts 12 rounds.
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #21
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperLokz13 View Post
keep this in mind. all it takes is couple of solid shots to the chin and Gamboa is finished. Broner will touch him eventually. no way this lasts 12 rounds.
Gamboa's been dropped on flash knockdowns but I've never seen him hurt. If Broner's feet aren't set, he can't land with accuracy or authority, and Gamboa can likely change the angles and range frequently enough to avoid getting caught with a bomb. Broner's power is serious and always a threat, don't get me wrong, it's anybody's fight to win, I just think Gamboa's blend of fundamentally sound skills and athleticism makes him much more equipped to deal with Broner's style than the reverse.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #22
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Even fight IMO. However, this fight never happens. 50 Cent/haymon beef will prevent it from happening.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #23
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
Even fight IMO. However, this fight never happens. 50 Cent/haymon beef will prevent it from happening.
they can have some heated exchanges on twitter though

#****twitter
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #24
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

lol anybody still picking Gamboa DKSAB
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #25
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Broner easy and by KO
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #26
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Gamboa's been dropped on flash knockdowns but I've never seen him hurt. If Broner's feet aren't set, he can't land with accuracy or authority, and Gamboa can likely change the angles and range frequently enough to avoid getting caught with a bomb. Broner's power is serious and always a threat, don't get me wrong, it's anybody's fight to win, I just think Gamboa's blend of fundamentally sound skills and athleticism makes him much more equipped to deal with Broner's style than the reverse.

DAM BOGOTAZO OWNING!
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #27
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperlokz13 View Post
gamboa would get knocked out cold. Gamboa has never fought someone that can match his speed and he's been floored by lesser fighters. On top of that he's smaller. I don't know why people keep bringing up this fight for broner. Almost a mismatch.
bro stop hating.hate is a disease.get it out ya blood.

Its obvious u are a full blown hater
by seeing your avatar is rios,..who abril dominated.

Bieng a hater is not good for your health.its a disease.

As far as gamboa bieng floored,..
He has never been dropped.

Out of the 4 officialy called knockdowns,.all of them were wrong calls.
2 of them were slips.(salido & dejesus)
1 of them was an elbow,which is illegal (ramirez)
and 1 was were he was off balance and dude pushed him and his glove touched the floor(jimenez)

all flash and not real knockdowns
so gtfoh wit all that floored bullshit.

Face the fact that if abrill made your lover boy rios
look like a c-class bum,..
Gamboa would beat the **** out of your lover.

Stop hating.and get ya facts straight brfore i own u again.
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum