Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Broner> the overrated Valero

It's now undeniable that Broner is a better fighter than Valero. Much more rounded, just as powerful (maybe moreso considering he took out Demarco quicker with less punches and actually dropped him), just as quick, far better defensively, physically stronger, equal chin, better infighter.... You name it, at 22 Broner just surpassed Valero's career best win and did it in more impressive fashion vs a better more seasoned version of Demarco.

I would love to see Broner dismantle Rios in his first fight at 140 after decimating Burns in a few rounds. Rios would get beaten so badly especially after Broner proved he's got an inside game, what could Rios possibly do? Funny how before the fight Demarco was considered the best LW by many and people were saying he was gonna give him a tough fight and now he's being written off as bum hahaha Broners one of those guys that some people will never give him credit no matter what they'll always look for ways to discredit him on his inevitable rise to face of boxing and the upper echelon of the P4P list.

Last edited by Royal-T-Bag; 11-19-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765
Default Re: Broner> the overrated Valero

And we all know the main reason that you think that, don't we....
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

How the **** is he more powerful?

and as for being as tough, had a young DeMarco left a crater like that in Broners crown early on, Broner would have cried his way to the locker room
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Juv
Linsanity is the truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Valero would've knocked Broner's faggot ass the **** out.
Juv is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
How the **** is he more powerful?

and as for being as tough, had a young DeMarco left a crater like that in Broners crown early on, Broner would have cried his way to the locker room
T-Bag only sees skin colour

there is no point debating with him
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Valero Ko1
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5200

Valero KO's all 135/140lbs no prob.
Too bad dude was insane in the membrane.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Valero was overrated? Maybe. But I can say the same about Broner. His fanboys are saying he's more exciting and better than Floyd because he knocks people out. In that sense Broner's overrated.

Valero's critics don't consider what he could've accomplished had his career been prolonged. They focus too much on what he never had. The guy showed improvements in the Demarco fight. Who knows what he could've done at 140...147. If today's Broner were to fight the Valero who beat Demarco, I believe it'd be like a mini version of Pac-Floyd. To me that's a toss-up fight. Either Broner cruises to a UD or Valero outworks him and knocks him out late.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
krziboitin
Journeyman

I still think valero hits harder and he's also more slick. If you compare the punchstats, valero actually landed less power shots and was also hit less by demarco. Broner was more accurate but his work rate was lower. I think valero's chin is worse than broners though, cause he's been shaken by punches and dropped before.
krziboitin is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

ok instead of being bitter faggots that are mad about Broner taking over boxing, how bout you tell me why Broner beat a better version of Demarco with greater ease, throwing less punches and actually knocing him down?? Also why don't you tell me what Valero does better than Broner? Valero never did shit but KO a buncha tomato cans. most overrated fighter ever, he woulda got picked apart by the likes of Marquez or Broner- he was one dimensional and his best win just got one upped by a 23 year old. boom
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
ok instead of being bitter faggots that are mad about Broner taking over boxing, how bout you tell me why Broner beat a better version of Demarco with greater ease, throwing less punches and actually knocing him down?? Also why don't you tell me what Valero does better than Broner? Valero never did shit but KO a buncha tomato cans. most overrated fighter ever, he woulda got picked apart by the likes of Marquez or Broner- he was one dimensional and his best win just got one upped by a 23 year old. boom
He was over-rated, but you could tell DeMarco feared him much more than he did Broner, which is what done him in ironically vs Broner
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #12
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

I have to agree that Broner looked better against DeMarco and that I would favor him against Valero. That said Valero had a style that Broner hasn't faced. Exactly in the DeMarco fight he employed and in and out tactic that I think would bother Broner. The thing is that he is absolutely huge at 135 and very good which a deadly combination at that weight.
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #13
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
He was over-rated, but you could tell DeMarco feared him much more than he did Broner, which is what done him in ironically vs Broner
im not sure what you mean by that, i think demarco came in confident in both fights and then when he started tasting their power he got a bit discouraged after a few rounds, also not being able to hit broner added to that frustration. it's undeniable that broner ****ed him worse, Demarco looked in worse shape, got rocked more and actually got KD'd vs Broner plus stopped earlier with fewer punches.....if that's not proof of at least equal power to valero than I dunno what is....you can't use Valero's KO streak vs tomato cans as proof of anything, use the one decent fighter he fought to be the gauge and that was Demarco.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

agree
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #15
PrinceN
Champion