Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Is Froch a warrior by default?

Right...

People say he's been fighting everybody (even in their back yard) but has he been doing this because he had too? Carl Froch was unknown to British casuals until he reached the final of the Super 6.

If he hadn't fought in the Super 6 he'd never of made any serious money (not even sure he had mega purses in the Super 6). Before the Super 6 he'd not of even sold 4,000 tickets in Nottingham.

Then as soon as he's known to all the casuals and a ticket seller he suddenly takes on a bum. Had Froch has the popularity of Brook early on would his resume be so extensive?

I just can't help but think he's got this "warrior" tag by default. Without the Super 6 do you think he'd of taken all those fights (in the places they happened) i.e Kessler in Denmark?
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Froch a warrior by default?

He was fighting for Hennessy before he had a tv deal. He was never going to get the attention he deserved
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

That doesn't even make sense.

"Is carl Froch a warrior because he fought a load of tough fights what HE SIGNED UP FOR"
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I think he would, yes. No evidence to suggest otherwise.

He wanted to fight Joe for years, he has travelled to fight the best around, and clearly wants to rematch Kessler and Ward.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Yes, the fact that he's well paid for those fights doesn't alter anything.

It's not as if he's been on minimum wage and then someone has said ''we'll offer you £1m to fight X''

Like Peter McNeeley for instance. Or Julius Francis.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydWillnever View Post
Right...

People say he's been fighting everybody (even in their back yard) but has he been doing this because he had too? Carl Froch was unknown to British casuals until he reached the final of the Super 6.

If he hadn't fought in the Super 6 he'd never of made any serious money (not even sure he had mega purses in the Super 6). Before the Super 6 he'd not of even sold 4,000 tickets in Nottingham.

Then as soon as he's known to all the casuals and a ticket seller he suddenly takes on a bum. Had Froch has the popularity of Brook early on would his resume be so extensive?

I just can't help but think he's got this "warrior" tag by default. Without the Super 6 do you think he'd of taken all those fights (in the places they happened) i.e Kessler in Denmark?
To be fair the fight was offered to Kessler, Oousthuzien and Pavlik but none wanted it.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

His classic encounters with Pascal and Kessler prove he is a warrior, regardless of where they were fought. Also his comeback last second KO of Taylor defending his title away showed hsi Warriors heart

He's had his poor performances as well, like Dirrell but everyone has his poor days
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Why do people think Iím slating him, Iím not - some people are way too defensive over their favourite fighters!

The fights mentioned are fights he took during the Super 6, what I'm asking was if he had say the popularity of Lucian Bute, would he have ever entered the Super 6 in the first place?

Had he been able to sell 10,000+ tickets regardless of his opposition, I don't think he'd have had his current resume, but obviously we'll never know.

It's easier to be a warrior on the road, when you can't shift tickets at home.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

By default of what?
Paup snith is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Why continue to take tough fights while out of the Super 6 if it was simply money.

Froch has fought the very best at every level. Even on the British scene he fought em all and cleaned up.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

Just read wazza's s*n column (not on their website, just on the FW website) and it's quite ironic how his comments (which are extremly out of order, considering froch outshines anything any of his fighters have done) are followed by a snippet about cleverly. Now Wazza bangs on about how abraham and taylor were long in the tooth middelweights. Shall we make a comparison of those two, who were genuine world champion versus cleverly last fights v hawk, kapency and bellew, who all, with the greatest of respect could not at this moment in time hold a candle to the likes of taylor and abraham.
I think that it is highly disrespectful to a current, legit world champ. He must be soooo bitter that he never got a bite of froch when he left hennesy. Wazza does a lot of good things for boxing, but doesn't half let himself down with some of the bull shit he comes out with in his column.
Paup snith is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum