Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #16
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86
Default Re: Klitschko could learn something from Cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebinn View Post
Why throw a punch that is not your best weapon? Wlad has used uppercuts before, against Thompson and Mercer and those uppercuts were frankly a bit limp. Why use a limp uppercut when you can use your devestating straight right. Wlad is not a schooled Bodypuncher cause it has not made sense attacking the body of men that are smaller than you in stature. But he should consider it when fighting bigger men in the future.
You should't post anymore.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Vlad is one of the most experienced guys boxing now.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #18
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2964

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
If you're agreeing with this laughable article, YOU shouldn't post anymore.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #19
stebinn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Well right back at ya. You have nothing to say anyway, go back to your drivel.
stebinn is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
If you're agreeing with this laughable article, YOU shouldn't post anymore.
Whats false about it? Tell me? If you actually think Bunce was comparing Wlad to Clev , you're an idiot. It was metaphoric.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Look at this ****ing drivel. People on ESB always try to say it's just a select few brittards that make the rest look bad, but this guy is a highly ranked figure in british media and he's coming out with this shit? It's no wonder brits come across as some of the most biased and clueless posters on the site when this guy is given a prominent voice in sports media.

Embarrassing article. It looks like some amateur hour shit off the ESB front page.
Brits are genuinely known as the biggest fukin idiots when it comes to being a sport fan and especially boxing fan. I dont know why is that but what you ... You might have a case..
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #22
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Whats false about it? Tell me? If you actually think Bunce was comparing Wlad to Clev , you're an idiot. It was metaphoric.
All they see is "Cleverly" and "Klitschko" and that computes into Bunce was saying cleverly is better than Wlad How dare he, blah blah blah

They are THICK
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #23
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Brits are genuinely known as the biggest fukin idiots when it comes to being a sport fan and especially boxing fan. I dont know why is that but what you ... You might have a case..
Finland, lol wtf
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
All they see is "Cleverly" and "Klitschko" and that computes into Bunce was saying cleverly is better than Wlad How dare he, blah blah blah

They are THICK
Morons. Slyk checked out after he was challenged. All they got is shit talk, no back up.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
The british commentary is a joke really

The Alexander fight will be his real american debut.

The only thing clevery could teach Klitshko is maths by tutoring him
The same applies to Fellatio.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #26
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He's implying Wlad didn't try to get a KO when he threw well above the HW average, above his personal average, and nearly gassed himself out trying to knock Wach out. How's that?

If you can't see what shit this article is I genuinely feel bad for you.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Why is he an idiot, for giving his honest opinion of how the fight played out? Where has he made anything up. Highlight it for me?
You're just another typical k2 fanboy/appoloigst who gets the anger when people speak the truth about Wlad.
He didn't change tactics in the fight because he couldn't, the 1-2 is his entire gameplan. He has no plan b or plan c.
A man that size the first thing to do his chop down the body. He didn't even throw one body shot on Wach. Pathetic.
I believe Wlad hasn't landed a body shot on fighter in 5 or 6 years.
Has he. Prove me wrong?
The question isn't if Wlad boxed one-dimensionally, the question isn't if he didn't throw bodypunches.

Stick to the topic. Bunce claims Wlad held back and didn't throw the kitchen sink at Wach in order to enforce a stoppage. Bunce claims Wlad once again resorted to his overly-criticized 'safety-first' approach, which is a laughable argument if you watched the fight.

Quoting Bunce:
Quote:
But Klitschko either didn't see the signs or simply refused to take the slightest risk.
Sorry but that's just total BS. Wlad threw more powerpunches vs. Wach than in any other fight in the last 10 years. Wlad's punch output and commitment to punches was phenomenal and he was close to gassing himself out in round 8. Argueing Wlad didn't take any risk and "didn't try" is just plain ridiculous.

Again, I don't argue if you criticize his stamina, or lack of punch variety -- I'd agree with it (and yet you call me a Klitschko apologist, which is quite telling of your own bias). Bunce simply is pissing up the wrong tree here.
madballster is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #28
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
The question isn't if Wlad boxed one-dimensionally, the question isn't if he didn't throw bodypunches.

Stick to the topic. Bunce claims Wlad held back and didn't throw the kitchen sink at Wach in order to enforce a stoppage. Bunce claims Wlad once again resorted to his overly-criticized 'safety-first' approach, which is a laughable argument if you watched the fight.

Quoting Bunce:
Sorry but that's just total BS. Wlad threw more powerpunches vs. Wach than in any other fight in the last 10 years. Wlad's punch output and commitment to punches was phenomenal and he was close to gassing himself out in round 8. Argueing Wlad didn't take any risk and "didn't try" is just plain ridiculous.

Again, I don't argue if you criticize his stamina, or lack of punch variety -- I'd agree with it (and yet you call me a Klitschko apologist, which is quite telling of your own bias). Bunce simply is pissing up the wrong tree here.

Somehow this will not be enough for our slow brittard friends. Making them see logic is like trying to teach a dog a new trick...
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #29
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You know Bunce could have written

* "Wlad lacking the stamina to stop a B level Eurobum in Wach"
* "Wlad still showing lack of punch variety"
* "Wlad is still resorting to holding in close quarters"
* "Wlad rocked by a right that had him on queer street, Price/Fury should take notice"
* "In 12 rounds, Wlad doesn't throw a single uppercut"

All the above would all have been substantiated by fact.

And yet Bunce choses to write "Wlad refuses to take the slightest risk" Seriously, just how dumb is this guy?
madballster is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #30
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post

Stick to the topic. Bunce claims Wlad held back and didn't throw enough powerpunches. Bunce claims Wlad resorted to his overly-criticized 'safety-first' approach.

Quoting Bunce:
Sorry but that's just total BS. Wlad threw more powerpunches vs. Wach than in any other fight in the last 10 years. Wlad's punch output and commitment to punches was phenomenal and he was close to gassing himself out in round 8. Argueing Wlad didn't take any risk and 'didn't try' is just plain ridiculous.

Taking a risk wasn't his point. His simple 1-2 attack was not working so the senisible recourse is to change tactic. Thats whats he was pointing out and he is right. For a champion of Wlads calliber to not be able to adapt is simpily shocking.
If Wlad was gassing from throwing 1-2s that is a mojor flaw on his part and any boxing writer should and has made an issue of it.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum