Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 0
Default Re: Andrew Golota vs Wladimir Klitschko

Golota walks in at angles and stands tall. How is Wlad going to reach up and drag his head down?
He isn't.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #32
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Golota v Byrd was a fair draw. He got robbed against Ruiz though.

He's just never held it together at the top level. Bowe, grant, Tyson he implodes mentally. Plus his chin is weaker than wlads in my opinion.

Wlad destroys him.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #33
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Bowe was shot for their second fight and showed mad heart by battling
like a warrior. Golota had the skills and I would say his chin is comparable
to Wlads. If Golota can establish his jab and not be a headcase he has a shot.
I believe Wlad stops him in 3, Golota would get stunned with the first right hand
and get finished with a left hook. Would Wlad be more agressive cause he knew
Golota was a nutpunching headcase? I always felt Lewis came out super agressive
because he knew how dangerous and unbalanced Golota was. I mean Lenny
Liked to bomb out big guys early but Golota was "special".
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #34
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

All that needed to be said on the matter has been said I believe.

Most fighters agree to say the mental part of boxing is way more decisive than the physical part.

Well, despite having decent skills, size, strength and conditioning, Golota couldn't keep the mental part together, which is why he bit, low blowed while ahead, froze, lost all his meaningful fights.

Golota quit VS Bowe twice, quit VS Tyson, quit VS Austin, froze VS Lewis and Brewster (KO1).

And this guy is supposed to beat Wlad
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #35
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Bowe was shot for their second fight and showed mad heart by battling
like a warrior. Golota had the skills and I would say his chin is comparable
to Wlads. If Golota can establish his jab and not be a headcase he has a shot.
I believe Wlad stops him in 3, Golota would get stunned with the first right hand
and get finished with a left hook. Would Wlad be more agressive cause he knew
Golota was a nutpunching headcase? I always felt Lewis came out super agressive
because he knew how dangerous and unbalanced Golota was. I mean Lenny
Liked to bomb out big guys early but Golota was "special".
how could he not be a headcase ? he is a headcase period, he can't face adversity
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #36
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Golota would most likely find a way to lose even tho he certainly has the tools to beat Wlad.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #37
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Vlad. is too skilled and would beat Golota in 8 rounds or so.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #38
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The Klitschko brothers where trying to get the guy to sign a contract for a bout in 98/99. Back around the time of the Shulz fight and that fight would have sold very very well.

I don't see the Golata defense dealing with the size and reflexes of either Klitschko and he gets backed up and starched early. And because the bout would sell and generate interest, add in the pressure of a big bout on Andrew's shoulders. And when the ref is giving instructions, it would be the Klitschko stare and Golata will reach into his back of tricks and pull out his deer in a headlight routine.
zadfrak is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #39
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadfrak View Post
The Klitschko brothers where trying to get the guy to sign a contract for a bout in 98/99. Back around the time of the Shulz fight and that fight would have sold very very well.

I don't see the Golata defense dealing with the size and reflexes of either Klitschko and he gets backed up and starched early. And because the bout would sell and generate interest, add in the pressure of a big bout on Andrew's shoulders. And when the ref is giving instructions, it would be the Klitschko stare and Golata will reach into his back of tricks and pull out his deer in a headlight routine.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #40
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Its a close fight if Wlad faced Golota from 1999-2004
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #41
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Exactly. Golota WAS a headcase. Saying "If he wasn't crazy" is stupid. He was crazy. And he didn't have any heart.

I totally agree with you. Golota of Bowe II, with Lennox Lewis' brain and heart, has all the shot in the world. I'd actually probably pick him to win the fight.

He doesn't. He's the dumbest good fighter of his era, and he was as weak-willed a stud heavyweight as I have EVER seen.

He doesn't beat a true champion. No way. He was unlucky against Ruiz, but fact is, he found a way to lose that fight; He stopped fighting late, got horribly negative, and started getting hit hard and hit often.

Against Byrd, he struggled to keep his punches up, was easy to hit, and got frustrated enough to whiff a whole lot of air, probably the reason Byrd hung on to a draw.

Wlad is more formidable, powerful, and frustrating then either combined. If Andrew can't handle business, and he has a long, storied history of not handling business, against the best fighters he's fought, he wouldn't beat a guy who would be the second best fighter he'd have EVER fought(Behind Lewis, just ahead of a faded Tyson).
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #42
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Golota is a stud. With a decent brain and the heart of a champion like Lennox Lewis or Muhammad Ali, he'd be in with a great shot, here. Big, talented, skillful, and aggressive. It'd be a nightmare fight for Wlad.

But, he was weak. He just was. Andrew Golota finds ways to fold in fights.

I can see Wlad disposing of him in the first or second round, after the first big right hand.

If he doesn't, the holding and the clawing(Wlad's trick where he extends his left and pulls down on your head when you try to come under it) would drive Golota, literally, crazy.

Wlad KO 1-4, or by DQ no later then 7. Either his right hands cause Golota to freeze, like Lennox Lewis and Lamon Brewster and Mike Tyson, or his spoiling causes him to go insane.
This is the way I see it, Golota finds a way to lose and Vlad does everything better
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
This is the way I see it, Golota finds a way to lose and Vlad does everything better
I don't know about everything, but he does the things right to win fights: Stay strong, execute, and do so doggedly.

Boxing is easily 90% mental. So many good fighters out there you haven't heard of. So many. Why haven't they made it? It ain't always chin, folks.

I know a journeyman, 15-6, whose a world class fighter. He just thinks too hard, he doesn't punch, and he is easily cowed by aggression. He loses close decisions because he doesn't punch, because he fouls when frustrated and loses key points, and because he takes foes lightly. He'll remain forever anonymous.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #44
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I don't know about everything, but he does the things right to win fights: Stay strong, execute, and do so doggedly.

Boxing is easily 90% mental. So many good fighters out there you haven't heard of. So many. Why haven't they made it? It ain't always chin, folks.

I know a journeyman, 15-6, whose a world class fighter. He just thinks too hard, he doesn't punch, and he is easily cowed by aggression. He loses close decisions because he doesn't punch, because he fouls when frustrated and loses key points, and because he takes foes lightly. He'll remain forever anonymous.
I agree and the same goes for life, the attitude and mental focus are important and maturity of the mind is one strong key
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #45
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Its a close fight if Wlad faced Golota from 1999-2004
No.

The only version of Golota who would have had a chance against Wlad was the 1996 version, and as a big Golota fan, I say his chances are rather slim at best.

Golota had a great jab and a good right hand. It's possible he could land something big on Wlad in the first round or 2. If he didn't, he'd have more and more problems as the rounds progressed, and probably find some new and innovative way to lose.

1996 Golota vs pre-Steward Wlad could be interesting. Any version of Wlad thereafter beats Golota, and any version besides the '96 Golota gets stopped by Wlad, probably early.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum