Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #46
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dislike for Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Funny thing is I met him at one of those events too, I was invited along by a supplier of mine. Days after the Lazcano fight, he still had the bruises.

I got a pic with him and asked him to sign a few bits and bobs for a guy I was with, who was going to sell them for charity (I didn't tell Hatton that) and he did it no questions asked, more than happy. And he signed loads for other people too.

Obviously I'm not questioning your version of events but it's just weird that he would do that stuff sometimes and not other times.

Maybe it was because it wasn't a 'Night with Ricky Hatton' show, he was on a charity night with various people involved (Bruno, McGuigan, Cooper etc)
Consider yerself very Fortunate that his agent Paul Speak was'nt hovering around, Yes it is just WEIRD that you never got asked to pay the 30 for a photo or 50 for a glove. As soon as hatton got back from Vegas after the pacquiao hammering he went straight on the show circuit for 4 nights a week, i think it was 20K a night.

After the Pacquiao debacle, the very next day he was poolside at the MGM, contracted of course to appear in the afternoon so as to suck in all the hatton fans so the MGM could grab their last $$$$ before they flew home. hatton got $12,000 for that afternoon sat in his roped off VIP cabana, now over the road staying at the Hooters cheap & cheerful dive, were all his most LOYAL devotee's.

They went under the handle of the "SHIT SHIRT" Brigade, it was something that Hatton started in Manchester & was a pub charity fundraiser. Now there was about 50 in this group who followed Ricky everywhere & what they wanted was for Ricky to judge this years "Shit Shirt" compitition!!! HATTON could'nt spare just the one single ****ing HOUR to go over the 6 lane road & see his most loyal or diehard fans, he had to stay by the pool for the $12,000 ****ing dollars.

Absolute disgrace! I felt for that gang over in Hooters, eventually Richard T Slone, the official MGM/Ring magazine artist popped over to judge for them, he's english by the way & has lived in the states for 18 years. So you can consider yerself fortunate that you got something for nothing, i recall hatton saying that he will be glad when he dos'nt have to sign another ****ing glove!!! Some attitude THAT!!

What i saw of his signiture in Vegas when a yank asked him to sign a poster or a glove was a spoiled signiture!! truely shocking attitude to show to the fans that made him a very wealthy man, there yer go, thats life.
duranimal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #47
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman1692 View Post
Whether or not he ducked Witter, don't you feel he kind of made up for it by facing a prime Mayweather, and a prime Pacquiao?
Well no. And I must admit there's a slight air of Ricktard about you for even coming with that angle. Listen, a fight with Mayweather is like a lottery win to you and me. It's the pinnacle of a fighters career and brings with it the sort of paycheck that usually has 7 or 8 figures on it. Not to mention the hype, fame and publicity and star treatment that goes with it. So why would anyone turn that down? Who would not want that? And so having balls or guts is nothing to do with it. In fact those are the safest fights imaginable really. Fight the p4p king be the underdog, get paid a fortune and nobody blames you if you lose. In fact you can't really lose. It's a win win situation.

Same applies for Pacquiao exept a rich Ricky didn't even actually want that fight, he was banking on Dela Hoya instead. He was forced into Pacquiao when Oscar unexpectedly lost. He'd thrown his name to far into the hat to back down from that one.

So to answer your question...No. He doesn't get a pass for fighting those two.
And another thing aswel, he lost both those fights by brutal KO, the pacquiao fight by total demolition. So why he seems to get more credit for that than any other victim of theirs il never ****ing know.
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #48
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
this is one of many reasons. Infact I don't see anything to like about him, he's just a mug.

Ducked Witter for years.

Cherrypicked fights in a carefully stage-manager career.

Man United fan (he's been pictured many times in the boxes at The Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches with United players) yet clamied to be a City fan, to prey on the large and success-starved fanbase to ultimately line his pockets.

Constantly referring to himself in 3rd person and toe-curling false modesty. Massive ego, deluded about his real level.

Shit, ugly fighting style yet the way he talks he really seems to believe he's a great entertainer.

There's loads more reasons, if you wanna hear them??
Basically this really ^^^

He's also been known to charge 50 for autographs or make lads do stupid embaressing things just for a photo with him. What a guy!
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #49
Peter__1987

vCash:

A couple of things i've read in here have altered my views a little bit.

I suppose he's like anyone, you can catch him on a good day or a bad one.

Asking his fans to pay for autographs is a ****ing joke though, I wouldn't pay for ****ing anyone's autograph, not even Mike Tyson's...it's a ****ing autograph for ****sake.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #50
Peter__1987

vCash:

The stuff about him being a Man U fan though must be a pisstake surely?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #51
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

betty speaks the truth something wicky cant or never as done
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #52
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
The stuff about him being a Man U fan though must be a pisstake surely?
yeah that can't be serious. But Peter like you were saying about Witter vs Judah, a lot of people forget the fact that Junior took that fight at 2 weeks notice and Judah was seen as the best in the world then. It wasn't as bad a result as people like to make out. It's not like he got blown away in 2 rounds or something. Yes he did stink the place out though
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #53
Peter__1987

vCash:

Oli it's been years and years since i've seen that fight so i can't remember it too well but what i can remember is thinking that Witter didn't even try and win? it was like he just wanted to make Judah look foolish (which he did, i thought at the time).

Props to him for stepping up, but what's the point if your not gonna try and win?

That's my recollection of it anyway, i actually haven't seen it since i watched it live, and that must of been what 12 years ago now?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #54
Scottishbox10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

For some reason with some of the replys in this thread this song and lyrics come to mind .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This tune GP
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLXcgZ84ndk[/ame]
Scottishbox10 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #55
Scottishbox10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishbox10 View Post
For some reason with some of the replys in this thread this song and lyrics come to mind .

This tune GP
Scottishbox10 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
boxingbrummie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 694

dont david haye make people do press ups sit ups kiss their girlfriend for an autograph sure i seen him saying this on tv before

anyways back to point, i been to a couple of hatton nights, and paid for signed gloves, other time he done it for free, seemed pretty genuine to me, but cant make much judgement from a brief encounter i guess

i like him as a boxer, never been the most technical of guys but always has a go, come short a couple of times, but dont think anyone gets excitement going like hatton fight, by hook or crook
boxingbrummie is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #57
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Oli it's been years and years since i've seen that fight so i can't remember it too well but what i can remember is thinking that Witter didn't even try and win? it was like he just wanted to make Judah look foolish (which he did, i thought at the time).

Props to him for stepping up, but what's the point if your not gonna try and win?

That's my recollection of it anyway, i actually haven't seen it since i watched it live, and that must of been what 12 years ago now?
No I agree mate he was poor. Iv only seen it once myself and that was at least 10 years ago, it's not a fight many people re watch . But yeah it's true that he did step in as a replacement with 2 weeks notice.

But I definatly still reckon that Ricky Hatton was intimidated by Junor Witter (prime) and saw him as a risk he wasn't prepared to take.
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #58
ems_kto
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingbrummie View Post
dont david haye make people do press ups sit ups kiss their girlfriend for an autograph sure i seen him saying this on tv before
Sure he was just joking. He recently did an open day for the public to get sigs off him. No charge and was there till the very last thing was signed.
ems_kto is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #60
Peter__1987

vCash:

To be fair, being at a Man United game doesn't mean **** all.

I'm a lifelong die hard Boro fan but one of my mates is a big Arsenal fan so i've went to games with him and cheered Arsenal on a few times.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum