Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Why is it so important for Klitschko fans that everyone likes them as much as they do

I just don't quite get it.

Everyone has different favourite fighters, weight classes, promotors, venues etc and sure, people talk about them on here and have a debate or discuss certain things, but that's about it. However, that's not the case with the Klitschko fans.

I'm not sure what it is with these guys, but its as if liking a certain couple of fighters isn't enough for them. They won't be happy unless everyone else likes the Klits just as much as they do. Anyone who doesn't will either force fed Klitschko related propaganda or frequently subjected to insults based around their nationality or race.

Why do you guys think its so important for these guys that everyone views their idols in the same way as they do?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is it so important for Klitschko fans that everyone likes them as much as the

You're talking about a group of fans who are unable to accept the truth and seem to think they can rewrite history despite results that are accepted by the wider public.
Of course I'm talking about a minority but that minority would argue today was Thursday if it made Vitali look good.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3214
Default Re: Why is it so important for Klitschko fans that everyone likes them as much as the

Good thread.

I think most of what you see is a reaction based on irrational dislike for the Klitschko brothers. Think about it: are there many fighters who have losses from a decade ago brought up every day, GIFs posted to go with? Even Pacquiaos early losses are not as discussed as the Klitschko brothers.

Something tells me that if there were less trolling about the Klitschko brothers, from certain regions in particular, we would see less of a reaction from the fans.

I hope I have answered the question.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
Rudolph
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Shaunster, I see what you did there. It's like asking "Have you stopped beating up your 5 y.o. son every morning, yes or no?" The problem isn't that all Klitschko fans want everyone in the world to start liking the brothers like they're family. It's just that the majority of K2 fans what the haters to stop saying all this BULLSHIT. So don't pretend like someone is forcing you love the Klitshkos everytime someone argues against yet another stupid ass comment coming from the haters
Rudolph is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Good thread.

I think most of what you see is a reaction based on irrational dislike for the Klitschko brothers. Think about it: are there many fighters who have losses from a decade ago brought up every day, GIFs posted to go with? Even Pacquiaos early losses are not as discussed as the Klitschko brothers.

Something tells me that if there were less trolling about the Klitschko brothers, from certain regions in particular, we would see less of a reaction from the fans.

I hope I have answered the question.
Case in point.

Because people don't share the same views as the nutswingers it means they're 'irrational'.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Worth remembering that many of us who are accused of being "Brittards" and "haters" actually respect the brothers a great deal and I even quite like Wlad.

Doesn't mean we should pretend that certain fights finished differently to what we saw with our own eyes or sit on our hands while a minority of K2 fans give the rest a bad name.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Rudolph
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Worth remembering that many of us who are accused of being "Brittards" and "haters" actually respect the brothers a great deal and I even quite like Wlad.

Doesn't mean we should pretend that certain fights finished differently to what we saw with our own eyes or sit on our hands while a minority of K2 fans give the rest a bad name.
Getting my best O.J.Simpson voice on... 'Can't we all just GET ALONG!'
Rudolph is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Case in point.

Because people don't share the same views as the nutswingers it means they're 'irrational'.
Can you not see the logic of my post? Are you choosing to ignore it?

There are about 30 active accounts who dedicate 75% of their posts toward Klitschko hate. This is what I mean when I say irrational.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Can you not see the logic of my post? Are you choosing to ignore it?

There are about 30 active accounts who dedicate 75% of their posts toward Klitschko hate. This is what I mean when I say irrational.
There's going to be idiots in every single walk of life. You can either choose to ignore them until they go away, or you can stoop to their level and encourage them by feeding the attention they crave and trying to match their stupidity with race or nationality baiting.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I just don't quite get it.

Everyone has different favourite fighters, weight classes, promotors, venues etc and sure, people talk about them on here and have a debate or discuss certain things, but that's about it. However, that's not the case with the Klitschko fans.

I'm not sure what it is with these guys, but its as if liking a certain couple of fighters isn't enough for them. They won't be happy unless everyone else likes the Klits just as much as they do. Anyone who doesn't will either force fed Klitschko related propaganda or frequently subjected to insults based around their nationality or race.

Why do you guys think its so important for these guys that everyone views their idols in the same way as they do?
It has nothing to do with everybody should like them but fukin RESPECT them.

What a stupid troll post you made once again.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Every fighter has a minority of fans that will argue unreasonably. Historically, the HW champion of the world has more such fans than any other fighter for reasons that shouldn't have to be explained to you.

In keeping with my general policy of moderating this forum, i'm now going to close this thread on the grounds that it is about forum posters and not fighters. Such threads always descend into embarrassing chaos and madness.

Please don't open any more such threads.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Sir Will Wigan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 719

Ouch
Sir Will Wigan is online now  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum