Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195
Default Jab. Circle away from the power hand. Jab. Why is that so hard, DeMarco?

Slothrop is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jab. Circle away from the power hand. Jab. Why is that so hard, DeMarco?

because mexican heart prevails over circling
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jab. Circle away from the power hand. Jab. Why is that so hard, DeMarco?

His warrior heart took over his brain. Besides, that's not how he wins his fights. When someone is tagging you clean your instinct is to get him back but Demarco just couldn't penetrate Broner's defense. He did land a few straight lefts but Broner didn't even flinch. I kinda expected the beatdown. I just hope Demarco isn't ruined. He is still one of my favorites. He'll be fun to watch against anyone who will give him a chance to brawl. Broner did beat him at his own game but I think we can conclude Adrien is on a much different level than everyone else at 135.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
His warrior heart took over his brain. Besides, that's not how he wins his fights. When someone is tagging you clean your instinct is to get him back but Demarco just couldn't penetrate Broner's defense. He did land a few straight lefts but Broner didn't even flinch. I kinda expected the beatdown. I just hope Demarco isn't ruined. He is still one of my favorites. He'll be fun to watch against anyone who will give him a chance to brawl. Broner did beat him at his own game but I think we can conclude Adrien is on a much different level than everyone else at 135.
It wasn't just a decision made after he got tagged. It's not like he got caught flush and decided to wade right in and get him back. He just sat in Broner's kitchen the entire goddamn fight, with little or no defense, often walking directly into the right hand. There was just a complete, fundamental lack of the most basic boxing strategy. He's either dumb or his trainer sucks or both.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

I was shocked when he CROUCHED to be inside, threw almost nothing, ate a bunch of nasty uppercuts, and ruined any chance he had. He was doing decent on the outside, but I don't know this fighter so maybe he can't help but do it.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

Thats exactly how Linares lost to DaMarco.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Broner too fast. You can tell demarco was uncomfortable outside cus he was missing and reaching. He obv felt like he needed Broner to taste his power so he went inside. Outside inside Broner would have destroyed him. Why don't you guys see this?? And I don't even like broner
recycling is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

DeMarco definitely fought the wrong fight, but Broner was timing him so well down the pipe and pawing down his jab that he probably saw no other way than go for broke on the inside. I recognized before the fight that PDL created opportunities with feints and an odd rhythm, whereas DeMarco hesitates to throw unless the opportunities are ones he already sees and his right hand is leading first. Once that jab was neutralized and Broner was blocking his straight punches, he decided to try his luck inside, but was far too selective.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He tried to do this, but Broner kept hitting him with the hook over his jab.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
He tried to do this, but Broner kept hitting him with the hook over his jab.
Yeah Broner had great success with that too, back-stepping and making Broner lunge with the right, making it ineffective.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum