Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #61
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191
Default Re: Andrew Golota vs Wladimir Klitschko

This is eary 2000's Wlad i was referring to and he falls apart under pressure.
Byrd and Bowe were tagging him with shots from angles. Uppercuts, countered hooks etc.
Golota fares better with Wlads 1-2.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #62
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Byrd and Bowe were tagging him with shots from angles. Uppercuts, countered hooks etc.
Early 2000's, I'd be far more inclined to agree with your point.

It was all big overhand rights that caused the trouble with Bowe, though. The big right uppercut landed when Golota was already on the way down.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #63
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Golota eats about a dozen or so jabs before that little voice goes off inside his head, and he starts doing the Whack-A-Mole thing with Wlad's cup.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #64
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
I'm not so sure that mattered with Golota. He was tagged by plenty of straight rights in his career. He once had pretty good head and upper body movement, but with his style he was there to be hit.

If it was 1996 Golota versus pre-Steward Wladimir, the first guy who lands something big would have a good chance of winning the fight, and that would be established (probably) by who controlled the measured battle of the jabs from the onset.

In the long haul, over all, Wlad's jab is more proven than Golota's when it comes to consistency and longevity. But Golota of 1995-96 had a fabulous jab of his own, and may have been more aggressive and less measured with his than Wladimir.

Even with the best Golota versus a greener Wlad, I still cannot put too much faith in Andrew. Have to favor Wlad, even in that scenario.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #65
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
I'm not so sure that mattered with Golota. He was tagged by plenty of straight rights in his career. He once had pretty good head and upper body movement, but with his style he was there to be hit.

If it was 1996 Golota versus pre-Steward Wladimir, the first guy who lands something big would have a good chance of winning the fight, and that would be established (probably) by who controlled the measured battle of the jabs from the onset.

In the long haul, over all, Wlad's jab is more proven than Golota's when it comes to consistency and longevity. But Golota of 1995-96 had a fabulous jab of his own, and may have been more aggressive and less measured with his than Wladimir.

Even with the best Golota versus a greener Wlad, I still cannot put too much faith in Andrew. Have to favor Wlad, even in that scenario.
I agree with your assessment. Golota has all the talent, but I too don't believe he can weather the storm.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #66
paypayvay
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
A sound minded mentally focused Golota puts Wlad to bed.
Wlad is one dimensional with a very simple formula who has no plan B.
What skills does he have? If he cant catch you with the right hand he's ****ed .He literally has one punch to his game. One of the most overrated HWs in the history of boxing. Any fast agressive fighter will beat him everytime. Hes a joke. Pathetic.
huh ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
paypayvay is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #67
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I guess some of the Golata backers are still singing his praises after that Brewster blowout. Thanks for backing him to the extent of making him a 5-2 favorite over Lamon in that one.

But he's not unlike Norton or Bruno when they face the hitters and get hurt. They just don't escape and it's all over quick. They just don't have the defense to avoid getting clipped. Come to think of it, Bruno and Golata is interesting and I wonder which guy would be resilient enough to win?
zadfrak is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #68
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

I have been keeping up with this thread for a while now, and went back and watched as many Golota fights as I could. If we are talking a prime Andrew Golota here, I have to say that I give him the edge over Wlad, for reasons that have been listed by various posters before me. Just my 2 cents worth..
Charles White is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum