Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: Where's The Love For Brian Viloria? - Unified the WBO and WBA flyweight Titles.

He has to be top ten pound for pound. In my opinion he has beaten the best light fly and best fly, apart from him of course, in recent times. And that's not including wins over Solis, Miranda and Romero.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Where's The Love For Brian Viloria? - Unified the WBO and WBA flyweight Titles.

the ring has vitali at #9 now and mares at #10. i'm not sure if they would be ready to put viloria in. but for me, it''s easily viloria inside the top 10. retain mares and move vitali out.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Yeah, Viloria #9 and Mares #10 for me. I feel shit not having Froch in there but I guess he's #11 right now on my list.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Great win & FOTY candidate.
T. Marquez now saying he had stomach & hand problems that night.
Source is the "Scene".

Hate the excuse card.
Hernan also clamors for a rematch (anyone's up for that?). Marquez should wait after Chocolatito: that is the only fight that matters legacy-wise to the Hawaiian Punch atm.

I had Viloria at 8-9 in my p4p list.
Spitfire7 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #20
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Marquez didn't do enough to force the rematch IMO, and it becomes Viloria's call. As in, is he moving up? If he's not moving up, he should fight Chocalito at this weight. So the best Little Tyson is due is late summer.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
LEROY
BEAST
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Now that's a filichino I can get used to
LEROY is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 577

Viloria should have been ranked in Top 10 after the Segura victory, and he definitely should be now after beating Tyson.
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

He's a great little fighter, top 10 is way too far though, just inside the top 15 now though imo.

and trust me the filipino posters have been showing crazy love for this little Hawaiian dude! he's a very good little American fighter.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Easily the best flyweight out there... For the sake of clarity I'd like him to fight Igarashi.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 933

Flyweight division isn't exactly the deepest division out there. Congrats and it was a great fight but Viloria isn't anywhere near close to top 10 p4p.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #26
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Easily the best flyweight out there... For the sake of clarity I'd like him to fight Igarashi.
Definitely. What's the chances of that happening though?

I've got a feeling the Ring's new rankings policy might dictate that Igarashi, having not fought any viable contenders, will be stripped of the title sometime over the next few years.

Viloria will probably have moved up by that time though. It's a shame, because although Igarashi is the lineal champ, we all know on reflection Wonjongkam didn't have much left when he was battered by Jaro, and Jaro was really not the best at the weight, more a fringe contender. Igarashi just took advantage of the situation. Viloria has the far better resume but could be stuck in that number one contender spot unless/until Igarashi is stripped.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
the commentator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I dont' believe that's overboard in the least. He's only looked better and better since beating p4p ranked Segura in 2011, beat the - now - second best fighter in his weight class last time out. He already arguably has the best streak in boxing currently and that will be a definite should he beat Roman Gonzalez next time out. I have him at #9, and feel quite comfortable with that.
if he beats roman gonzales, then that would be the time viloria gets a sure place in the P4P rankings...
the commentator is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't know what people are talking about i liked tyson & thought he would win but props to vilora definitely should be in considered in p4p conversation.I see rigo doing the same after he exposes nonito.His time will come though i'm now more confident were back then the fight was no wear close to being made.The best should always fight the best & you have the right to questions fighter if he doesn't.Props to vilora & everybody that fights the best.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000

I started to think Marquez was making his way back into the fight, with Viloria taking rounds of and Marquez starting to apply the pressure. But even then Viloria would catch Marquez with a counter which is what ended the fight. Marquez to me though was throwing to much punches at times and may have been better served to throw 3-4 punch combos picking his spots and creating the openings. Easier said than done though.
weegriffin is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

I'll always have more respect for Viloria than Pacquiao and Donaire. At this point in his career he's slowing down, but he's using the experience to get him thru. He fights best when he isn't boxing or being technical he's a pint sized destroyer he should go for ko everytime.
elchivito is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum