Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Talking i enjoyed watching paul williams beating that cheating margarito's ass

it was nicely staged, i liked the stadium atmosphere, must of been great to be there. i recently started watching boxing around that time and actually anaylsing.

margarito could of easily been packing them secret x wraps then, but still paul williams was just too legit to quit. margarito started to land later in the fight too.

was a nice fight, some nice clean shots from both fighters

margarito was as 'prime' as you can get aswell, gave a good fight, but he was fight a 'prime' punisher who many fighters seem to pretend he wasnt there and ducked

how about fighting the punisher....."his 6'4 mufa fuka" "he lives to far away" "paul who" "maybe down the line will be bigger and better" that kinda crap

but yeah good fight.

paul williams, hope you get 100% again, im still thinking of ya

#thepunisher
raichu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: i enjoyed watching paul williams beating that cheating margarito's ass

Noob
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
D_Andrade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: i enjoyed watching paul williams beating that cheating margarito's ass

First 4 rounds from Williams would have given any fighter of any era major trouble!
D_Andrade is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

Williams showed his champion heart that night. But if anyone got their asss beat it was Williams. Shame Williams ducked the immediate rematch.
renyo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

Willy took alot of damage that night.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Margarito is such a dick. Sunglasses wearing cheat.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Close fight tho. Pwilly threw a shitload of punches that night I think he broke a record that night, but I remember many of those punches looked like slaps, but he did beat Margarito on his terms. Post Quintana II and pre-Maravilla Pwilly would of beaten, drawn, or gotten robbed vs Floyd. Granite chinned and threw too many punches aside from being southpaw thats Floyds worst nightmare.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Williams completely dominated Margarito until the ref threw off his game plan by giving him a hard warning for holding. I think it was the 6th or 7th round. Williams was tagging him from the outside and whenever Marg got in on him he'd hold him and restart the attack. The ref killed his momentum but Pwill still edged him out.
941Jeremy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

P Willie beat Margaritos ass everybody know it. I think Margarito was cheating back then because he was cutting Paul up too easy. Paul was never cut before or after the fight with Margarito. Not that I can remember.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Williams showed his champion heart that night. But if anyone got their asss beat it was Williams. Shame Williams ducked the immediate rematch.
He didnt duck an immedaite rematch. Actually he wanted the rematch. I remember in the post press conference, margarito even said he wont fight williams again if arum not goosen will promote solo. Williams called out Cotto but arum said no cotto cause he feel margarito beat williams.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Brownies
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Williams looked like a nightmare to fight. It was a really good victory over an opponent that offered a lot of troubles for him, stylistically. The guy came to fight and had no excuses. I was a fan and still am.
Brownies is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
it was nicely staged, i liked the stadium atmosphere, must of been great to be there. i recently started watching boxing around that time and actually anaylsing.

margarito could of easily been packing them secret x wraps then, but still paul williams was just too legit to quit. margarito started to land later in the fight too.

was a nice fight, some nice clean shots from both fighters

margarito was as 'prime' as you can get aswell, gave a good fight, but he was fight a 'prime' punisher who many fighters seem to pretend he wasnt there and ducked

how about fighting the punisher....."his 6'4 mufa fuka" "he lives to far away" "paul who" "maybe down the line will be bigger and better" that kinda crap

but yeah good fight.

paul williams, hope you get 100% again, im still thinking of ya

#thepunisher
another dumb **** accusing the guy of cheating. i guess he cheated in his pro debut, all his amateur fights, and during potato sack race in pre school.

stfu homo
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

If you really want watching Margarito being beaten, you are watching the wrong fight.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

I'm just sitting here in disbelief " The Punisher kicked Margarito's asss"????BULLSHIT!!!!
It ended up a close fight which I believe Margarito won. Like someone said earlier Goosen knew that too & thats why they ducked a rematch.
To say or even hint that Margarito had loaded gloves in any fight is also mere speculation. Show me one iota of proof that he ever did. That bullshit in the Mosely fight was orchestrated by Nazim Richardson who blatently LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CSAC banned Margarito for 2 yrs yet all that was ever found in Margarito s wraps was a harmless old gauze pad. When asked to produce the " loaded wraps" surprise surprise The CSAC rep stuttered " Err Err we have mislaid them we dont know where they are " Started to stink aint it???
C.J. is online now  Top
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
thanosone
I Am Eternal
ESB Senior Member

Margarito did more damage. Way more.
thanosone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum