Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #46
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner> the overrated Valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoorydookatron View Post
Well so IS Broner there are people calling him top 10 p4p and his only solid win is DeMarco.

Not saying he won't go on to achieve alot more but as of now he is overrated.
Well there are definitely people on this board going above and beyond with his latest victory. Right now I see him as a fighter with unlimited potential but still needs to prove himself against the other big dogs.
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook89 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Im sorry but I just dont see anything from valero that wouldve troubled ANYONE with skill. slow, telegraphs his shots, leaves his chin hanging in the air, poor foot-speed etc. Entertaining style? hell yea, but he was by no means elite. As others have said, it was only a matter of time until someone beat him.
I couldn't agree more Valero was wild and wide open. He would have been picked apart by Broner and possibly stopped At the end of the day skills pay the bills. Toughness is overrated skills aren't.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #48
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Of course Valero was overated.

27 fights-27 KO's

The guy was a wrecking machine.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
I couldn't agree more Valero was wild and wide open. He would have been picked apart by Broner and possibly stopped At the end of the day skills pay the bills. Toughness is overrated skills aren't.
BS.

Fight would have looked excatly like this between Valero aka "nightmare of slick and black" vs Adrien Broner

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dELafbI_g4[/ame]
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #50
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
BS.

Fight would have looked excatly like this between Valero aka "nightmare of slick and black" vs Adrien Broner

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Horrible comparison. First of all Zoo was light years more skilled than Valero. Valero doesn't have the boxing ability of Zoo he's too wild and crude, they fight nothing a like. Second Zab is no where near complete as Broner. Broner is much more defensively sound has a better chin and is most importantly mentally tougher.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The question you have to ask yourselves is this,is Valero better than Ponce De Leon ?
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #52
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
The question you have to ask yourselves is this,is Valero better than Ponce De Leon ?
You do realize that Broner fought PDL many fights ago at 130 and he has improved don't you? Or do you like to troll?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

congrats to Broner on being rated by Ring, Sports Illustrated and Boxrec as the number 1 lightweight in the world after only one fight!
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #54
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Broner blew the myth of Valero right out of the water!

Good
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #55
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Yes...because the common opponent triangle has been a !00% accurate determinant throughout boxing history.

I'll take Valero on this one...
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #56
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by I1T2BOX View Post
Yes...because the common opponent triangle has been a !00% accurate determinant throughout boxing history.

I'll take Valero on this one...
it makes more sense in this case... the rest of Valero's career was beating on cans so that's the only fight of his you can really judge him on since anyone good can look like a beast vs cabdrivers he was beating on.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #57
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
It's now undeniable that Broner is a better fighter than Valero. Much more rounded, just as powerful (maybe moreso considering he took out Demarco quicker with less punches and actually dropped him), just as quick, far better defensively, physically stronger, equal chin, better infighter.... You name it, at 22 Broner just surpassed Valero's career best win and did it in more impressive fashion vs a better more seasoned version of Demarco.

I would love to see Broner dismantle Rios in his first fight at 140 after decimating Burns in a few rounds. Rios would get beaten so badly especially after Broner proved he's got an inside game, what could Rios possibly do? Funny how before the fight Demarco was considered the best LW by many and people were saying he was gonna give him a tough fight and now he's being written off as bum hahaha Broners one of those guys that some people will never give him credit no matter what they'll always look for ways to discredit him on his inevitable rise to face of boxing and the upper echelon of the P4P list.
lol come on man he may be better but u cant start sayin his chins better, Broner barely took a good punch in the fight
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #58
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Valero was pretty untested against truly world-class competition and Broner is in the same boat at the moment. Very different styles. Both have obvious strengths; Broner is rounded, cerebral, technically pretty sound, and has world-class speed and solid power. Valero was a tenacious animal with nice in-and-out movement, better combination punching, and tremendous power.

Who knows who the better fighter really was? Both seem/seemed to me to be on that world-class level with the ability to crack the P4P list, but fall short of being "special" fighters/talents.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #59
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Lol at the Broner guys

"get used to broner being the face of boxing"

Oh great, you know Broner is talented, but yeah lets have another few years with an assclown as the "face of boxing", because the Mayweather era hasn't ruined boxing enough.

Oh, but "slick and black baby" so it's all good

People aren't going to put up with it much more, they aren't going to be shelling out for PPV on this shit.

People want the next Mike Tyson, not these lil' midgets running around being all slick and black, and losing their girl to 50 cent

it's a joke

a humiliating joke
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #60
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
It's now undeniable that Broner is a better fighter than Valero. Much more rounded, just as powerful (maybe moreso considering he took out Demarco quicker with less punches and actually dropped him), just as quick, far better defensively, physically stronger, equal chin, better infighter.... You name it, at 22 Broner just surpassed Valero's career best win and did it in more impressive fashion vs a better more seasoned version of Demarco.

I would love to see Broner dismantle Rios in his first fight at 140 after decimating Burns in a few rounds. Rios would get beaten so badly especially after Broner proved he's got an inside game, what could Rios possibly do? Funny how before the fight Demarco was considered the best LW by many and people were saying he was gonna give him a tough fight and now he's being written off as bum hahaha Broners one of those guys that some people will never give him credit no matter what they'll always look for ways to discredit him on his inevitable rise to face of boxing and the upper echelon of the P4P list.
Dude, you're ****ing weird. You can't mention any fighter without mentioning Valero. What's up with that?
bernie4366 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum