Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #121
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Wasn't there a poll attached?

What happened?
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #122
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeklerdude View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

the dude is pure beast
Are you fukin kiddin me? The klit's are horribly uncoordinated, slow and clumsy. My goodness, wtf are you watching?
Flexb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #123
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
Notice he ends that 5 missed punch combo with his trademark leaning technique , people can delude themselves all they want, he's not and never will be an ATG, this HW era is piss poor and that's the long and short of it of it.
Exactly! The heavyweight division is absolutely horrible and the klits absolutely SUCK. It's a whole division full of tomato cans.
The people that credit the klits are either retards or very young and weren't following boxing back in tysons era and earlier.
Flexb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #124
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Are you retarded? Wlad's promoter tried to enforce the rematch clause, Sanders wasn't interested in honoring it, he went to sign with Lewis/Ogun, breaching his contract with Universum, dropped the WBO belt and went to fight for the WBC belt. Wlad left Universum by early 2004 IIRC. Wlad personally never had any options on Sanders, his promoter did. Universum sued Sanders, battled him in court for almost two years.

That's how things went down, yet you blame Wlad for "not enforcing" a rematch clause

I realize this may be a complex subject matter but it's not that complicated. I am not sure what part you don't understand.
I don't understand the part where Sanders, in an interview, says he always wondered why Wlad never sought a rematch and why I've never read a thing from Wlad complaining about not being able to get a rematch. Care to explain that? Sanders fought sporadicly for 5 more years yet Wlad was never looking to get back in the ring with him. On top of that I've just pent the last 20 minutes doing searches on this breach of contract and have found nothing. What exactly became of this?

Quote:
Yes, you are mistaken. Wlad individually was never with any TV station until after he left Universum. Universum at that time of the Sanders fight had a contract with ZDF, a German station paying around 10 million Euros a year in order to broadcast all of Universum's fights. HBO only came in every once in a while, buying the fights off ZDF/Universum on a "pay per broadcast" basis, essentially picking the ones they were interested in.

Universum's interest was owning belts so they could honor their contract with ZDF, who made them the most money and offered a long-term and reliable stream of revenues. HBO was quite irrelevant as they paid peanuts for the broadcasting rights of European fights.
You sure? Because Im pretty sure Wlad had fought on HBO for the Barrett, Byrd, Shufford, Mercer, McCline and possibly the Jefferson fights. And if that is true than your theiry of being unable to get a tv contract is up in smoke. Either way Wlad never sought a rematch. If you want to change my mind you're going to have to prove it with some substantial links.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #125
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
You sure? Because Im pretty sure Wlad had fought on HBO for the Barrett, Byrd, Shufford, Mercer, McCline and possibly the Jefferson fights.
LOL yea I am sure. Wlad was with Universum and Universum was with German station ZDF. HBO bought all the European Klitschko broadcasts from Universum/ZDF while ZDF bought the US ones from HBO.

Google it.

As for "persueing a rematch", I made it clear that Wlad was subject to what his employer (Universum) thought was right for him, not what he personally wanted. Universum sued Sanders rather than forcing him to fight Wlad. Make of it what you will.

Blaming Wlad for what his promoter's strategy is simply showing your bias as you're having a hard time being objective.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #126
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
LOL yea I am sure. Wlad was with Universum and Universum was with German station ZDF. HBO bought all the European Klitschko broadcasts from Universum/ZDF while ZDF bought the US ones from HBO.

Google it.

As for "persueing a rematch", I made it clear that Wlad was subject to what his employer (Universum) thought was right for him, not what he personally wanted. Universum sued Sanders rather than forcing him to fight Wlad. Make of it what you will.

Blaming Wlad for what his promoter's strategy is simply showing your bias as you're having a hard time being objective.
So you're telling me Wlad got tv contracts for ALL those other fights but Universum couldn't/wouldn't get him one for a Sanders rematch? That is utterly ridiculous! And I have googled "Corrie Sanders breaches contract with Universum" and come up with nothing. I'll kindly ask you again to educate me on the outcome of that situation and provide some links. You say Im having a hard time being objective, but you're giving me nothing. I can only go by what I read and know. And I know Sanders said Wlad never pursued a rematch. I know there is nothing about Wlad trying to get a rematch and I KNOW Wlad had plenty of fights on HBO, so not getting a tv contract is a weak excuse.

One more thing I meant to ask. If Sanders did in fact breach his contract with Universum than how did he get a contract to fight Vitaly?

Last edited by JAB5239; 11-18-2012 at 04:12 AM.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #127
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thursday, 23 October 2003
Corrie Sanders is subject to court

Heavyweight Corrie Sanders has won the lawsuit against the Universum Box-Promotion before the Hamburg District Court. This confirmed by the court injunction, the Universum had obtained against Sanders.
Reason for the dispute is a worldwide exclusive marketing agreement that the South Africans had met with Universum for his fights. This he despised but after beating Wladimir Klitschko of 8 March and made contact with other promoters.
In practice, this looked like so that Sanders had the WBO title to defend until the summer, but was not seen since the Klitschko fight in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
One more thing I meant to ask. If Sanders did in fact breach his contract with Universum than how did he get a contract to fight Vitaly?
He signed with Lewis/Ogun who were his promoters for the Vitali fight. That's the breach of contract with Universum. He never honored his contract with Universum, hence the lengthy legal action.

So when will you stop saying how Wlad didn't "try to enforce a rematch". How long will you just keep asking ridiculous, biased questions when all the facts are spread out in front of you, when all you'd need to do is just put 1 + 1 together
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #128
iperryt
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

BORKED
you have to like Wlad, best champ ever...
iperryt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #129
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thursday, 23 October 2003
Corrie Sanders is subject to court
Heavyweight Corrie Sanders has won the lawsuit against the Universum Box-Promotion before the Hamburg District Court. This confirmed by the court injunction, the Universum had obtained against Sanders.
Reason for the dispute is a worldwide exclusive marketing agreement that the South Africans had met with Universum for his fights. This he despised but after beating Wladimir Klitschko of 8 March and made contact with other promoters.
In practice, this looked like so that Sanders had the WBO title to defend until the summer, but was not seen since the Klitschko fight in the ring.

He signed with Lewis/Ogun who were his promoters for the Vitali fight. That's the breach of contract with Universum. He never honored his contract with Universum, hence the lengthy legal action.

So when will you stop saying how Wlad didn't "try to enforce a rematch". How long will you just keep asking ridiculous, biased questions when all the facts are spread out in front of you, when all you'd need to do is just put 1 + 1 together
So he could fight Vitaly who was under the same promotional banner as Wlad, but Wlad couldn't get a rematch? Come on now bro, you know thats just ridiculous. And if what I recently read is correct than Vittles/Sanders was K2 promotions first show. So there is absolutely no reason Wlad couldn't have sought a rematch. The bottom line is he never looked for one. It would have been bought by any network that televises boxing, it would have been big money and Universum wouldn't have a say in it because they lost their bigus lawsuit.

I like Wlad, but he ducked the Sanders rematch.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #130
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,340
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
So he could fight Vitaly who was under the same promotional banner as Wlad, but Wlad couldn't get a rematch? Come on now bro, you know thats just ridiculous. And if what I recently read is correct than Vittles/Sanders was K2 promotions first show. So there is absolutely no reason Wlad couldn't have sought a rematch. The bottom line is he never looked for one. It would have been bought by any network that televises boxing, it would have been big money and Universum wouldn't have a say in it because they lost their bigus lawsuit.

I like Wlad, but he ducked the Sanders rematch.
At least stop lying fat boy.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #131
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
At least stop lying fat boy.
(sniffle) is someone a bit upset about Wlad ducking Sanders?

I've always like Wlad, he's a great representitive of the sport. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching him.

Was "fat boy" supposed to hurt my feelings?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #132
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 750
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom1989 View Post
Holyfield
Haye
Tyson
I agree with you. Holyfield, Haye, Tyson, in that order.

Roy was athletic but he wasn't a heavyweight. Holyfield was and is a genetic work of art. He'd still beat most heavyweights even at 50.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #133
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 750
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Still athletic enough to toy with Ruiz like noone ever did.
Except maybe Tua.
Why does no one mention Ike Ibeabuchi? Possibly the most genetically gifted heavyweight of all time except he is a psychopath.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #134
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
So he could fight Vitaly who was under the same promotional banner as Wlad, but Wlad couldn't get a rematch? Come on now bro, you know thats just ridiculous.
How is that ridiculous? Sanders didn't want a rematch with Wlad; he didn't want to honor the options with Universum because I bet the financial terms were pretty crappy.

Sanders lost the German lawsuit and it was ruled he had to fight under the banner of Universum for a total of 4 times. Which never happened.

And Wlad was ducking him? When Sanders ran off, signed with Lewis/Ogun (for a better $$$ deal) and fought Vitali? And openly said he will *NOT* honor the Universum options?

Tell me how that means Wlad "ducked a rematch".

BTW: How old are you? Have you ever signed a contract (other than for a mobile phone) in your life? Have you ever been a party in lawsuit? You seem quite na´ve about the entire matter.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #135
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Wladimir the most athletic HW champion ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
Why does no one mention Ike Ibeabuchi? Possibly the most genetically gifted heavyweight of all time except he is a psychopath.
Hard to argue if he was or wasn't, but he never proved himself at the highest level.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013