Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Ricky Hatton comeback on Primetime....what a ****ing rip off. Will you be buying it?

It's a ****ing rip off that we pay for sky and boxnation, yet they want us to pay 15 for a comeback fight!

Will you be buying the fight? If not, where will you see it? The thing is, streaming online is shit.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
The Chosen
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton comeback on Primetime....what a ****ing rip off. Will you be buying

If it'd been hyped to hell on Sky and was being shown on Box Office I doubt many people would be complaining. I never understood the "I already pay for Sky etc" argument to hate on another broadcaster. It was that mentality amongst football fans that killed Setanta and the best boxing coverage this country has ever seen. "I pay 35 for Sky Sports, why should I pay Sky another 10 a month to watch more PL games and England, it should be free, Sky are a rip off charging us for Setanta"

If you hate Primetime's shitty coverage, fine, but you can't hate on them for charging what Sky would have done anyway and you'd have had no qualms about paying for that.

Last edited by The Chosen; 11-20-2012 at 06:00 AM.
The Chosen is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Ricky Hatton comeback on Primetime....what a ****ing rip off. Will you be buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
It's a ****ing rip off that we pay for sky and boxnation, yet they want us to pay 15 for a comeback fight!

Will you be buying the fight? If not, where will you see it? The thing is, streaming online is shit.
Not if you go to the right place
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

When it was first announced it was on Crimetime there was no way I was buying it. But typically now it's getting close and I am getting my hype on, I shall be parting with fifteen barr Saturday night.
stuey is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Dragon Punch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yawn, give it a rest mate...nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything it's called consumer choice. P/T is a business and it's nothing to do with them what channels or subs people are paying already. If your paying for BN u should be asking them why they haven't got the rights for the Pac fight - I would personally be more pissed off by that.
Dragon Punch is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
Gregor1987
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There will be 3 of us watching it at my mates so a fiver each. We'll probably spend more on pizza.
Gregor1987 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
When it was first announced it was on Crimetime there was no way I was buying it. But typically now it's getting close and I am getting my hype on, I shall be parting with fifteen barr Saturday night.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chosen View Post
If it'd been hyped to hell on Sky and was being shown on Box Office I doubt many people would be complaining. I never understood the "I already pay for Sky etc" argument to hate on another broadcaster. It was that mentality amongst football fans that killed Setanta and the best boxing coverage this country has ever seen. "I pay 35 for Sky Sports, why should I pay Sky another 10 a month to watch more PL games and England, it should be free, Sky are a rip off charging us for Setanta"

If you hate Primetime's shitty coverage, fine, but you can't hate on them for charging what Sky would have done anyway and you'd have had no qualms about paying for that.
I do agree with your argument actually.

I really resent having to pay so much to see the boxing across all the various channels, but to blame one indvidual channel is unfair.

They are all as bad as one another (although Sky may be the worst because they charge the most and show so little for that price! ).

People have used the same argument to criticise Boxnation.

Its not fifteen pounds (or ten pounds) on top off.

You don't need Sky to get these other channels do you?

Its ten or fifteen pounds alongside IMO.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #9
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Good card but nowhere near good enough for 15. Really looking forward to Quigg vs Monroe though. Like stuey ill probably tell myself I'm not getting it but come fight night it will probably be on my tv.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

My only complaint is the quality of primetime and the lack of build up.

For 15 I expect HD in 2012.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Should have been shown for free on ITV
mishima is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 826

I'm quite happy that it's on Primetime actually, not being subscribed to Boxnation.

It was always my intention to renew my sub to Boxnation everytime a big fight came about but then they introduced the 20 registration fee so I jacked that idea in given it'd cost me 30 a pop.

It's unfortunate Sky Box Office ain't around anymore seeing as they were the only channel to broadcast in HD and we now have to be subjected to the even worse commentary on BN/Primetime. That said, I suppose it was the ethical response given the backlash of the Haye/Harrison fight which caused them to close down.

Either way, Primetime > Boxnation for me so I'll be getting it.
knotty150 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
Dragon Punch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
Should have been shown for free on ITV
Yeah of course mate...ITV would definatley have
Cancelled Xfactor on a primetime Saturday evening.
Dragon Punch is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #14
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Im going to the fight but yeah it is a bit of a rip off
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
My only complaint is the quality of primetime and the lack of build up.

For 15 I expect HD in 2012.
The HD aspect is huge for me, if I wasn't going - I probably wouldn't buy it for this reason.

A lot of people who moan about the price/channel stream all their boxing anyway, so **** them.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum