Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197
Default Re: Rate the Chances of these European Heavies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Some updates:

THE FIRST TIER
Robert Helenius - the head of the class, graduated to contender. Beaten three ex-champs and a handful of other decent names. Injuries are a problem, and some still see problems with speed and technique, but with his size, chin and two fisted power, he's going to do fine.

Kubrat Pulev- Reached a kind of peak in beating Guinn, followed it up with a good win over Vidoz, and then took steps backwards in his next three opponents. Still has all the skills and the size, but seems to fight at the level of his competition. Even his wins are stinkers, and would do well to pick it up a notch, if for no other reason, than just from a marketing point of view.

DennisBoytsov- de-railed due to injured hand, just back today for the first time this year. Time to hit or sit with Dennis. His management claim that we have not yet seen what he is capable of because of the hand- lets put him in there with somebody worth a damn and see.

Vyacheslav Glazkov- Frustrating. He has all of the skills and got a good win over Bahtov, but has cancelled four fights since. Why? Is it the opponents cancelling? Is there an injury? Anybody know what is going on? Supposedly fighting in October. Lets hope this one comes off as this guy is the truth...when he fights.

Magomed Abdusalamov- No progress. Just got a new promoter and has two fights scheduled, but really just let a year go by.

JOINING THE FIRST TIER

Andrzej Wawrzyk- Graduated to first tier. Knock out against the oft beaten Clones Collosus getting him more attention than he perhaps deserves. Still, he has improved his power, so let's see what comes of it.

Bogdan Dinu- Lot of guys are hyping him because of his amateur credentials, but he has had only 6 fights in 4 years, against bottom of the barrel competition. Does he want to be a professional fighter? The division sure could use a skilled man like this. Does anyone know why the inactivity?

ARTUR SZPILKA- Out of jail and getting a lot of buzz. Won an important fist fight against Hadziogonovic, and caught the eye of Lexxox Lewis, who recently had good things to say.

MIDDLE OF THE PACK GUYS

Alexander Dimitrenko- Embarrased himself today. Struggles with Sosnowski and Sprott show that he is not a contender.

Francesco Pianeta- Congratulations for beating cancer. Fighting again soon.

Timur Ibragimov- Loss to Mormeck means his career as a contender is virtually done.

Albert Sosnowski- Knock out loss to Dimentrenko says it all.

Alexander Ustinov- Same place as he was last year.

Oleh Platov- Same place as he was last year.

Neven Pajkic- Same place as he was last year.

Edmund Gerber- Shown some power, but has a long way to go.

Ondrej Pala- Just beat Mazakin...again. Same place as he was last year and going in circles.

Mariusz Wach- Baby steps forward. Recently beat Andreas Sidon and Devin Vargas, for whatever it is worth.

Vladimir Virchis - done.

Yakup Saglam- Lost to Wallisch

Michael Wallisch- Graduates to middle of the pack with win over much more experienced Saglam

THE "DO YOU KNOW THIS GUY?" LIST

Jarno Rosberg- Juiced to beat Juho Haapoja and was caught, what does that say?

Lucian Bot- Got rolled in prizefighter. Simplythebest called it exactly right.

Murad Khalidov- Hasn't fought in over a year.

Vladimir Tereshkin- Big Russian had one fight in America, and promptly disappeared. No longer appears to be an active fighter.

Andreas Gustafsson- I am not sure, but I think this guy is is actually an MMA fighter. Has disappeared from boxing. Maybe he went back to MMA.

Arnold Gjergjaj- Continues to fight guys that make Deontay Wilder's opponents look good.

Erkan Teper-Making the rounds. No impressive wins.

Krzysztof Zimnoch- With an amateur win over Deontay Wilder to make him notable, he is in the same place as he was last year professionally.

Jerome Le Banner- Someone mentioned he used to be a kick boxer, has not made a splash at heavy

Nikolay Israelyan- one fight in 2010, 1 in 2011, never fought anyone with a winning record.

Alexey Soloviev- 38 years of age and never beat anyone with a winning record. 1 fight in 2011

Arild Haugen- Former bobybuilder and World's strongest man type disappeared. Did he go back to weight lifting?

Leif Larsen- NFL footballer remains undefeated but hopeless as a contender. Seems to have some power, and could be good for some fun fights.

Newfel Ouatah--- No fight sin 2011

Matteo Modugno- five fights in 2011, all no-hopers. At least he fights often.

Janne Katajisto- fought a couple of fellow no-hopers in 2011.

Dennis Rasmussen-- same place as he was last year

Sirhei Supronovich - same place as he was last year

Herve Hubeux- Fought three no hopers in 2011

ONE NEWB
Constantine Bejenaru- Smallish Romanian won a three fight tournament in one night for a debut.

THE AMERICAN AND BRITISH PROSPECTS
Deontay Wilder- has now beaten 16 zombies by way of knock out, and had a fiasco against Harold Scoiners when he was almost knocked out. Until he fights someone serious, who cares?

Tor Hammer- No progress. Fought a couple of bums since his unexpected loss, and been on a long layoff.

Tyson Fury- Say what you will about him, next to Helenius, he has made the most progress. Fights frequently, and beat fellow prospect Chisora, making him something of a JR contender.

Derrick Chisora- embarrassed himself by coming in way overweight against Fury. Needs to decide if he wants to fight or not.

Tom Dallas- Talent free, rolled by David Price and embarrassed against Zack Page

David Price- Has stepped it up a bit, but still not really shown that he is a serious heavyweight fighter. Taking on McDermott soon, which will answer a few questions, but needs to follow that up rapidly...if he wins.
Nice write up.

Just wanted to point out you Wach and Wawrzyk mixed up.Wach beat McBride Wawrzyk beat Vargas.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #92
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Nice write up.

Just wanted to point out you Wach and Wawrzyk mixed up.Wach beat McBride Wawrzyk beat Vargas.
Sorry about that. I will retro-change it.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #93
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Some updates:

Bogdan Dinu- Lot of guys are hyping him because of his amateur credentials, but he has had only 6 fights in 4 years, against bottom of the barrel competition. Does he want to be a professional fighter? The division sure could use a skilled man like this. Does anyone know why the inactivity?
Bogdan Dinu- Quick hands Quick on his feets, he got real potential. But he isn't helped by anybody, theres no money in boxing for him.
In an interview before the Bute-Mendy undercard he said: "I don't know anything certain about my future. Could be a long lay of again because of the lack of money, but I hope the sun will shine on my street to. I want to foght more often, once at a few monts distance, right now I didn't had one for a year and in boxing you can feel this. If you don't have continuity in the ring it all for nothing."
Right now boxing isn't where he get's the money to put food on his table. You can't do that with 1 fight a year. He's in the Special Forces For Interventions and Actions (Romanian: S.I.A.S). Unless someone comes and invest in him, and give him a future in boxing Dinu will be a wast of talent. Don't think he's preparation is as good as it should be for a young pro who try to discover his own style, and polish it bit by bit into something solid.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 AM   #94
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Bogdan Dinu- Quick hands Quick on his feets, he got real potential. But he isn't helped by anybody, theres no money in boxing for him.
In an interview before the Bute-Mendy undercard he said: "I don't know anything certain about my future. Could be a long lay of again because of the lack of money, but I hope the sun will shine on my street to. I want to foght more often, once at a few monts distance, right now I didn't had one for a year and in boxing you can feel this. If you don't have continuity in the ring it all for nothing."
Right now boxing isn't where he get's the money to put food on his table. You can't do that with 1 fight a year. He's in the Special Forces For Interventions and Actions (Romanian: S.I.A.S). Unless someone comes and invest in him, and give him a future in boxing Dinu will be a wast of talent. Don't think he's preparation is as good as it should be for a young pro who try to discover his own style, and polish it bit by bit into something solid.
Thanks! That explains it.

What a shame and a waste.

You know, people on these boards know people. Rummy and BoxingGirl talk to big time people, for example. I wonder if we couldn't get some grass roots ESB movement going to have someone go and take a look at him.

After all, he could be worth a fortune to someone.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 AM   #95
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Thanks! That explains it.

What a shame and a waste.

You know, people on these boards know people. Rummy and BoxingGirl talk to big time people, for example. I wonder if we couldn't get some grass roots ESB movement going to have someone go and take a look at him.

After all, he could be worth a fortune to someone.
Interbox took Bute, Diaconu, Jo Jo Dan (now with Gankor) and more recently Viorel Simion who was having the same problems as Dinu. Maybe soon enough they will take Dinu to.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #96
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

4 years ago I made a post on ^&%&^%boxing.com calling Helenius the heir apparent to the HW crown. This was when Brewster has just lost to Wlad in their second bout.

I was run off the forum

Last year, I made a similar thread on this forum which got all of about 6 replies.

Helenius is the REAL ****ing DEAL. His slow starts hypnotize his opponents into a lull before he unleashed the arsenal of destruction. Aside form the K2, there is NO one who will beat him, ever.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 02:28 AM   #97
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
4 years ago I made a post on ^&%&^%boxing.com calling Helenius the heir apparent to the HW crown. This was when Brewster has just lost to Wlad in their second bout.

I was run off the forum

Last year, I made a similar thread on this forum which got all of about 6 replies.

Helenius is the REAL ****ing DEAL. His slow starts hypnotize his opponents into a lull before he unleashed the arsenal of destruction. Aside form the K2, there is NO one who will beat him, ever.
That was quite prophetic. Helenius always had two prongs of haters- some American fans and some Euro fans who didn't like his amatuer career.

I jumped on the bandwagon early, but not nearly that early.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #98
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
That was quite prophetic. Helenius always had two prongs of haters- some American fans and some Euro fans who didn't like his amatuer career.

I jumped on the bandwagon early, but not nearly that early.
Helenius looks like the typical drunk bum with huge beer belly BUt the young man can FIGHT. He has boxing skills and that is what it is all about ladies and gentleman.

His biggest problem will be his lack of athletism.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #99
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Helenius looks like the typical drunk bum with huge beer belly BUt the young man can FIGHT. He has boxing skills and that is what it is all about ladies and gentleman.

His biggest problem will be his lack of athletism.
Hardly any other than Finns believe Helenius future. We know his skill talent and power if any force can put him training properly
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #100
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Updated rankings, 2 years later!

I will rate their chances of winning a world title belt before their career is over. None of them are fighting either Klitschko in 2011.

5 star = Ring Magazine Champion, 1 or more world title belts.
4.5 star = Major world title holder, and top 3-4 Ring Magazine Rated
4 star = World title holder, WBC, IBF, WBO, WBA. or top 5-7 Ring Mag Rated
3.5 star = Good enough for a regional belt, and possible world belt.
3 star = Will not crack the top 10 in their career. May get a title shot
2.5 star = Will not crack the top 20 in their career, but decent enough
2.0 star = Top 25-50 Box Rec type at best
1.5 star = Will quickly fade after their first or second stoppage loss
1.0 Hype job

Example of a 5.0, Wlad or Vitali Klitschko
Example of a 4.5 Ruslan Chagaev
Example of a 4.0 to 4.5 Sultan Ibragimov
Example of a 3.5 to 4.0 Valuev
Example of a 3.5. Laun Krasniqui
Example of a 3.0

Quote:
Rate the top prospects:
Robert Helenius 4.0 stars

Kubrat Pulev 3.5 to 4.0

Dennis Boytsov 3.5

Vyacheslav Glazkov 3.5 to 4.0 stars.

Magomed Abdusalamov 2.5 stars

Quote:
How do they relate to American and British prospects? Do you see any of the following being able to compete on their level?
Deontay Wilder 1.5 to 2.0 stars
Tor Hammer 1.5 to 2.0 stars
Tyson Fury 2.0 to 2.5 stars
Derrick Chisora - 2.0
Tom Dallas - Never saw him
David Price - 1.5 stars, glass jaw mark my words

Quote:
How about these guys with promising records who are unheraleded or seem stuck in the middle? Do any show anything to you to indicate they might make a champion?
Alexander Dimitrenko 3.5 stars. He has hit his potential.
Francesco Pianeta 2.5 stars
Timur Ibragimov 2.5 to 3.0 stars
Albert Sosnowski 2.5 stars
Alexander Ustinov 2.5 stars
Oleh Platov 2.0 stars
Neven Pajkic - never saw
Edmund Gerber - 1.5 stars
Ondrej Pala 2.0 stars
Andrzej Wawrzyk 2.5 stars
Mariusz Wach 2.5 stars
Vladimir Virchis (if he is even still fighting) 3.5
Yakup Saglam -Never saw
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #101
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Abdulsalamov fighting today against Kevin Burnett.

Gerber fighting Farkas.

Glaskov was scheduled but had a fifth fight cancelled.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #102
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Hope you guys don't mind me bumping my own thread, but it migth be fun to update:

Kubrat Pulev- Wins over Ustinov and Dimentrenko have made him a top contender. Poised for a shot against a Klit or Povetkin. Top of the list.

RobertHelenius - shot to the top of the list with victories of Peter, Brewster and Lyakovich, his career has gone completely off the rails with multiple hand injuries, lousy performances again Chisora and Williams, and a career threatening shoulder injury that may have ruined his power. Real sad. Hope he gets back on track.

Vyacheslav Glazkov- Best win yet against Airsch, but has had something like 6-7 fights cancelled in the last 2 years. Needs a better promotional team if he is going to go anywhere. One of the best prospects going nowhere fast.

Magomed Abdusalamov- has beaten some decent C level guys, but is very crude and, after being dropped by McCLine, maybe a little Chinny? Coming along slowly and needs a lot of work.

Dennis Boytsov- hand surgery was supposed to solve his problems, but he is still going nowhere fast. Recently cancelled a fight with Tyson Fury in which I think he admitted he wasn't ready- when will he be ready?

Alexander Dimitrenko- After his loss to Pulev, will probably quit and practice law full time.

Francesco Pianeta- Has beaten cancer and a couple of golden oldies in McCall and Botha, it is very apparent that he is not going to be a player in this division.

Alexander Ustinov- Loss to Pulev has put him down a long ways. At his age, he may not be around too much longer.

Oleh Platov- ?????????? Where is he? Cancelled out of fighting Pulev four times.

Edmund Gerber- Exposed in a series of bad fights.

Ondrej Pala- Loss to Airsch wrecked all momentum. Will have to start over.

Andrzej Wawrzyk- Still beating C level fighters. Still, he's undefeated.

Mariusz Wach- Abject failure to do anything agaisnt Wlad Klit has ironically made him a bit of a folk hero for his toughness. Will probably get another chance.

Vladimir Tereshkin- Just signed with K2! We will be hearing a lot more from this guy.

Bogdan Dinu- I believe he just signed with a Canadian promotion if I have the story right. We may be hearing more from him yet.

Artur Szpilka- Certainly has captured the public's imagination, but after having his jaw broken against McCline and hitting the deck against a tomato can, is he equal to his hype? Has a lot to prove.

Leif Larsen- Has become a bit of a folk hero type after beating Danny Williams and having Solis cancel out from fighting him. Will never be a champ, but there is a place in the division for him somewhere.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #103
Roam

vCash: 500

Quote:
Alexander Dimitrenko- After his loss to Pulev, will probably quit and practice law full time.

Oleh Platov- ?????????? Where is he? Cancelled out of fighting Pulev four times.
I heard that Dimitrenko is coming back... and Platov knocked out journeyman Sconiers out few days ago.

But yeah, nice update.
Roam is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #104
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Good bump, my opinion on some things

Glazkov - His promoters aren't the best but i do think all those cancelled fights in 2011 was a freak anomaly. Even with that his resume is still more accomplished than Price, Mago, Szpilka and most other prospects so saying he's going nowhere fast is quite inaccurate.

Szpilka - He took some hard punches from Mccline including one that broke his jaw and fought another 4 rounds with it without ever being hurt so his chin is solid imo. Against Saulsberry who is 300lbs Artur got bumrushed against the ropes and Salsberry fell on him basically, he wasn't hurt from a punch.

Mago 6:25

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmPqWgHMvQ[/ame]

reminded me a little of Froch going down against Taylor. Got hit with a great punch he didnt see coming and he looked clear eyed, composed and started boxing again right away with his legs and head totally fine. He reacted very well and i dont think his chin is poor because of that.

I also think his skill is underrated in particular his defense. He does slip, parry, block punches and is good at judging distance, he isn't unskilled like Mitchell for example. Mago is a somewhat crude looking but he does have rather solid fundementals.

Platov - He just returned but signed with don ****ing king so his career is going nowhere. He'll be used as a stepping stone for a Amercian fighter and if he doesnt do what he is supposed to do and lose then he'll be punished just like Lyakhovich or Kotelnyk with endless inactivity. Horrible decision on his part.

Michael Wallisch is a 6'5 German HW who is worth mentioning. He's 8-0 and here's his 7th pro fight against 27-0 Saglam.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2DU9bUnJeY&feature=relmfu[/ame]
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #105
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Bogdan Dinu after fighting on Bute-Grachev undercard is fighting again 9 Days from now in Romania on Viorel Simion vs Ryan Sermona undercard.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum